Fallout 4 PC discussion

I was trying to think of open world games that also do big internal environments and couldn't think of many. Unity had those huge palaces but they're absent in Syndicate. GTA V has very interiors and what exists are small or just empty spaces. Fay Cry 3 and 4 just has small interiors.

What am I missing?

Destiny has some pretty large interiors even though I don't know if Destiny would qualify as open world in most people's eyes.

In GTA V, does the underground subway system count?

Bethesda doesn't need smoke and mirrors to keep the players away from a certain zone in Fallout 4.
They just spawn a couple of Deathclaws in that place and you'll know you're supposed to nope the f@ck away from there until you're level 40 or more.

Are nVidia's godrays (volumetric lighting that uses a crapload of tesselation) part of Gameworks?
If so, Bethesda just confirmed they're using Gameworks in Fallout 4 (but seems hesitant in using the actual name):

As always, our world features fully dynamic time of day and weather. To create that volumetric light spilling across the scene (sometimes called “god rays”) we worked with our friends at NVIDIA, who’ve we worked with dating back to Morrowind’s cutting-edge water. The technique used here runs on the GPU and leverages hardware tessellation.

Eh those Deathclaws are less of a problem if you have a Fat Man with you. ;) And it's not exactly hard to find one. You can also bait them into scout groups of Brotherhood folk hehe.

Last edited:
Dude I was just trying to make a point...

Some enemies in Fallout are leveled with your character's state, others are not.
If you're not supposed to be passing through a certain place before reaching a certain level or doing certain things, they can just put some enemies that will be near impossible to beat beforehand. Easy.

Yeah, dude, but does Bethesda do that? ;) I don't think I've seen them do that. Since Oblivion they've been making it possible to do just about anything as a low level character.

Last edited:
I know that in Fallout New Vegas there are places you can't go until you're quite high level.

Yeah I guess so. I spent way more time with New Vegas than I did with Fallout 3. Not that Fallout 3 sucked, but New Vegas was a much better game IMO.

Yeah I guess so. I spent way more time with New Vegas than I did with Fallout 3. Not that Fallout 3 sucked, but New Vegas was a much better game IMO.
NV is interesting. It has a lot of tasteful nods to Fallout 1/2 and they tried to improve the atmosphere. It's a shame that Obsidian is almost always rushed to get their games out. It costs in the end.

Last edited:
I think that this is exactly what they want...trick people into thinking it is the console graphics while showing the PC version...

Back