Eyetoy PS3 MIA?

It does. But obviously the PS3 eyetoy should be a little more exciting, being able to capture higher res video/images.

Thats interesting, with both you and alex ward (of EA) mentioning the new Eyetoy, it makes me wonder what EA has in store for the eyetoy.

Though due to NDA's I'm sure you're under, I won't bother asking you for any specifications on it or what you guys are using it for. ;)

The eye toy does great numbers in the euro region. From what i have seen from sony's end the best implementation is the eye of judgement title which now looks far better then what was shown at E3.

As for our end i check for functionality. I make sure when plugged in it doesnt interfere with natural FE progression. dev stations and debug units. I am pretty sure you will see it at GDC or at least hear that it is now done.

The eye toy does great numbers in the euro region. From what i have seen from sony's end the best implementation is the eye of judgement title which now looks far better then what was shown at E3.

As for our end i check for functionality. I make sure when plugged in it doesnt interfere with natural FE progression. dev stations and debug units. I am pretty sure you will see it at GDC or at least hear that it is now done.

Hey me2, when you say Eye of Judgement looks better than before are you talking about the graphics of the game or are you talking about the way the eyetoy works with the game looks better and is enhanced?

Well I'll ask. What are you guys thinking about using it for? And Bad_Boy what did Alex say about the eye_toy.

To my knowledge and from what i was told we plan to use it the same way we are using the Hd camera for the X360. So for C&C3 on x360 against another player using the Hd camera you can see him/ her at the top left of your screen. I am not saying we are deving C&C3 for PS3 but giving you an example on how we may use the camera.

Nothing to special. Right now i am only checking for functionality.

Hey me2, when you say Eye of Judgement looks better than before are you talking about the graphics of the game or are you talking about the way the eyetoy works with the game looks better and is enhanced?

From the demonstration i seen the cards respond a lot better now then at E3. Plus a couple things that caught my eye is the game is no longer birds eye view but now shot from an angle of the playing field. Looks better to me (IMO). Another thing that was cool was the battle system and how you perform magic spells. Example you have your card which will have a demon, you slap that card on the playing field and your character spawns on your screen. now your demon has basic attacks but if you want to cast a magic spell you grab a magic spell card and place it over your demon card. Magic spells looked more like FF summons then your basic magic cast.

How this works i really dont know because i would think the Hd camera has to have a constant bar code to read from each card but i guess it reads the bar code then stores it.

Last was if you touched the demon with your finger the demon actually reacted to it, but i was told that feature maybe removed.

Pretty interesting. I look forward to it. I know I said I wouldnt ask about it, but now you got me really wondering. :LOL: Is it possible you could share any specifications on it? What resolution does it capture video specifically I mean. Or what other features over the PS2 eyetoy.

I had to ask. ;)

Well I'll ask. What are you guys thinking about using it for? And Bad_Boy what did Alex say about the eye_toy.

He just mentioned that EA was using it, specifically Burnout 5.

Pretty interesting. I look forward to it. I know I said I wouldnt ask about it, but now you got me really wondering. :LOL: Is it possible you could share any specifications on it? What resolution does it capture video specifically I mean. Or what other features over the PS2 eyetoy.

I had to ask. ;)

He just mentioned that EA was using it, specifically Burnout 5.

I can not comment on the specifics the device, sorry.

I can not comment on the specifics the device, sorry.

That's cool. I just hope that it can be as good as what they showed at E3 2005. I mean picking up water and throwing it across the bathtub looked cool to me.

I'll buy the throwing water across the room game from PSN for $10. I don't care if that's the only thing they had me to do. It just looked so cool.

Have any devs been talking about that demo me2? Were you excited when you seen the guy pick water out of a vitural bathtub?

That's cool. I just hope that it can be as good as what they showed at E3 2005. I mean picking up water and throwing it across the bathtub looked cool to me.

I'll buy the throwing water across the room game from PSN for $10. I don't care if that's the only thing they had me to do. It just looked so cool.

Have any devs been talking about that demo me2? Were you excited when you seen the guy pick water out of a vitural bathtub?

During that presentation i was to busy walking the floor looking for WOW. I still to this day have not seen that water demonstration.

But i am excited about GDC because friends of mine that work for at a particular company down the street tell me that they have some good announcements, now if any of you know anything about EA redwood you will know what company is down the street.

I hear nokia is suppose to make a huge announcement as well, but who knows.

During that presentation i was to busy walking the floor looking for WOW. I still to this day have not seen that water demonstration.

But i am excited about GDC because friends of mine that work for at a particular company down the street tell me that they have some good announcements, now if any of you know anything about EA redwood you will know what company is down the street.

I hear nokia is suppose to make a huge announcement as well, but who knows.

Hold for about 5 minutes I'll link you to that water demo.

I don't but I'll guess Pandemic Studios because its in LA as well :oops: Can you say?

Hey me2 I have the E3 2005 video with the ducks and the man scooping the water out of the tub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqkyo6Es1Ic

Jebus Christ I wish Sony would let us download that exact same demo. Let us use our own cups. :)

Nice, thanks for that. Now on a flip side that same page you linked has a video titled "PS3 eyetoy?" that has to be a leak because some of the stuff shown in that video was demonstrated to our group in person. i wont speak on which parts of the video since they expressed this is only future ideas.

Nice, thanks for that. Now on a flip side that same page you linked has a video titled "PS3 eyetoy?" that has to be a leak because some of the stuff shown in that video was demonstrated to our group in person. i wont speak on which parts of the video since they expressed this is only future ideas.

Ahhhh man. Is it the minority report movement in the video? I would love to be like Tom Cruise and move items on my TV with my bare hands. :D

Ahhhh man. Is it the minority report movement in the video? I would love to be like Tom Cruise and move items on my TV with my bare hands. :D

Remember this is future ideas. Some of this stuff never will see the light of day. But they are already doing some of the things in that video now.

Back