Energy - new and improved.

JBark said:
Maybe it falls between the cracks when it comes to incentives (like the $.50 ethanol and $.50/$1.00 biodiesel incentives), so investors aren't interested? Or maybe there's some patent/licensing issues? That's about all I can think of.

That is exactly the problem. There are no incentives at all for investors. It is already about the same price as ethanol with incentives, so if there were no incentives it would be cheaper right now. It is the byproduct of lobbies. They are special interest by default and mixed alcohol processes don't have a lobbying group so they won't get subsidies so they cannot afford a lobbying group.

That is the problem with legislators being for sale...

As far as ethanol fuel in cars, all you really need to get good efficiency is a turbo and many cars have this. Then just reflash the ECU and most cars with turbos could run on pure ethanol right now.

Edit: To clarify though, you could be correct as well about the patent issue, but I have no confirmation one way or the other.

WhiningKhan said:
Well that was indeed impressive, but did you really regard that as HS or were you just desperate to find something to diss? Ethanol _does_ improve knocking resistance and allows higher boost. Surely you have seen, e.g., Saab's 100% ethanol concept car?

Ethanol is IMHO not the way to go. And you'll still have storage/crash safety issues with that. The engine as such is not the problem.

_xxx_ said:
Ethanol is IMHO not the way to go. And you'll still have storage/crash safety issues with that. The engine as such is not the problem.
Is the problem the queue of drunks outside the petrol<^h><^h><^h><^h><^h>ethanol station? :p

Alky injection has been used to subdue knocking for a long time. Propane injection has similar benefits as well.

The split cycle engine will lead to more problems then it solves imho. More parts to break, uneven heat distribution throughout the block, and its still trying to convert oscillatory power generation into radial power output. The Axial Vector Engine is pretty sweet; but it's just a rebadged DynaCam engine. On top of that the current backing group has a shady past wrt stock pump and dumps.

This bad boy gets me wet though,
http://www.angellabsllc.com/
The MYT(pronounced MY-tee) engine lol. Similar to the axial vector *cough DynaCam cough*, with much fewer moving parts, more power strokes per revolution, and it's based off of current 'piston in cylinder' sealing technology. I really hope it gets off the ground. Of course the MYT is based off a Tschudi engine anyway, not that it's of importance. I just want one in my car. >=)

Back