E3 Sony Conference Thread

The new LittleBigPlanet trailer is really really really good...they show off the whole creation side, and the various tools you can use. It looks both simple and sophisticated. Cannot wait for impressions of it from the show..

Lots of deals with third party developers. PS3 may have lost GTA3 as a time exclusive but it won lots of other time exclusives. Unreal is a time exclusive, as well as....COD4???? Plus a lot more including Assasin's creed? Or did I not understand well? There is a similar reference in the Live Report. I need confirmation

What? Where are the "lots of deals"? COD4 is leading on 360, with a 360-exclusive multiplayer beta. Assassin's Creed is leading on 360, it was shown on MS's conference.

Impressive as their first-party efforts are, it is a sign of Sony's standing in the industry that the *keeping* of MGS4 as exclusive is heralded as a major victory.

They really didn't show a single live demo? I picked up the conference in the middle of the MGS4 trailer so I had to read back in this thread to see what I missed. I guess they had a lot of ground to cover, though. Maybe they just wanted to show off as many games as possible and so videos only?

I'll withhold judgment until I see the whole thing, but it's likely this was the best presentation of the 3. This is almost by default, though. MS had at least 3 big duds during theirs that blunted the effectiveness of their presentation (for me). On a related note, Peter Moore should never ever touch a guitar controller again. Ever. And while I didn't see Nintendo's at all yet, I wasn't too impressed by the impressions I read.

I could definitely see Sony building up some steam after this.

If you get clarification let us know because I didn't hear that at all! And if it was true I'd be very surprised.

I am waiting for clarification as well. I thought I ve heard Jack saying about exclusive thrid party games on the PS3, which would be only on the PS3 this year or this holiday. I am probably not the only one unless I do not comprehend the right way what he actually said

If there is something I did not understand feel free to correct me

19:24:39 -

Nearly 100 games in the works and more to come. "Epic's Unreal Tournament 3 is confirmed as a PS3 exclusive this year."

19:26:48 -

Time for other exclusive "hardware driving games" for PS3 - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.
When I heard that I was WTF? and other games followed after this including Assasin's Creed, and pretty much all the third party games they showed

That puzzled me

These were in the middle of announcing exclusive deals with the software house that made Guild Wars, their time exclusive game Haze, and MGS4 at the end

I certainly didn't get the impression that the term "exclusive" was associated with either COD4 or Assassin's Creed, but who knows. Still I think there's just a misunderstanding here on Nesh's part.

I see that's how Eurogamer is reporting it but I seriously doubt it's true. Unfortunately my G4 stream cut out on me as the Ubi segment started up.

F5, F5 dammit!

I certainly didn't get the impression that the term "exclusive" was associated with either COD4 or Assassin's Creed, but who knows. Still I think there's just a misunderstanding here on Nesh's part.

Tretton accidentally said "exclusives" before the multiplatform montage came up.

The stuff shown before was the exclusive or timed exclusive stuff. Then that montage was the multiplatform stuff.

On a related note, Peter Moore should never ever touch a guitar controller again. Ever.
And going against rumour, Sony's conference showcased both GH3 and RB, so XB360 has no advantage in that side.

J_Saint said:
Did the audio and video feeds of the Killzone trailer seem completely different for anyone else? They didn't seem to match up at all.
I had the same, on GameSpot's feed. Audio sounded like a continuous part of the game (which would sound incredible in a surround system) whereas the footage was a montage of different bits.

Tretton accidentally said "exclusives" before the multiplatform montage came up.

The stuff shown before was the exclusive or timed exclusive stuff. Then that montage was the multiplatform stuff.

Thats probably what started the confusion.

Peter Moore stated that every game they were showing at their presentation bar RE5 was coming this calendar year. And they had live demos of both Assassin's Creed and COD4. So yes, Nesh was mislead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Moore stated that every game they were showing at their presentation bar RE5 was coming this calendar year. And they had live demos of both Assassin's Creed and COD4. So yes, Nesh is mistaken.

Hey not me. It was Jack :p

I was hoping for some more confirmed releases for 07!

Home and LBP aren't really interesting me.

Can't wait to play some Warhawk. MGS4 looked great. I hope its more 'action' and less 'stealth.'

Can't wait to get my hands on GT5.

Infamous def looked neat.

I will have to say all three keynotes were a little ho-hum for me.

They really didn't show a single live demo?
Why would they?

They said right at the start that almost everything they were showing would be playable in their arcade after the conference had ended.

You don't need Dylan Jobe up there doing his Sixaxis dance, when half an hour later you can play it yourself :LOL:

I will have to say all three keynotes were a little ho-hum for me.

Agreed.

They were all a bit underwhelming, but I'd have to say, they each accomplished their goals.

Sony established ps3 as a system to keep an eye on, MS demonstrated a killer line-up for this fall, and Wii is still sold out in stores so any reminder that they have anything worthwhile coming to Wii is icing on the cake.

Huff... Just got home...

Their two biggest games MGS4 and Killzone 2 aren't out till 2008.

No talk of Lair? not even a mention of GTA4. After all it did for the PS2, you'd think even a simple mention would show some respect......

Dunno why no talk of Lair... It was playable, and looked quite nice (the water in particular with the sun in front of you).

Was amusing to watch Killzone being played on one of the tele-prompters. Lots of bass in there! Could feel the floor shake which is impressive considering the environment, concrete floor with a nice thick shag over it.

Kojima looks like he had some pudge above the belt going on. Had a kick ass t-shirt though...

Pretty much everything was playable to some degree in fashion in the next stage, except Killzone 2. Took a few snaps, though they're probably crappy....

So it looks like Sony had no megatons either.

Except for UT3 exclusive this year, which if true is a blow to me, as that's one of my biggest games, probably second only to Halo 3.

I heard the new PSP is 199.99. Wrong direction...

Sounds like the Sony conference was fairly lackluster although not as bad as MS. I'm not sure how much of this is due to this not being true E3, once again.

Virtually every site I turn to for game info is down or slow right now...even IGN.

Would love to see that new Killzone footage, but I'll probably have to wait a while til the internet catches up.

Killzone 2 game of the show without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back