E3 Sony Conference Thread

Not very inspiring IMO. GT5 looked good. I really liked Home too. The virtual 3D lobbies to games really add a nice feel, like going to the cinema. Very tasteful. I think Home will appeal to me a lot more than I originally thought.

Otherwise, nothing particularly exciting. Games are all things we know of, except the uncertain-looking infamous. Very little was shown of LBP :(. Nothing on EyeToy :cry:. KZ2 showed a little bit more. But out of 15 titles for FY07, only 6/7 were shown. Why show nothing else?

New PSP with Video out was the only truly interesting bit IMO. A valuable feature that makes PSP a much better media format.

Very lame E3 all round methinks.

Well, I think it would be a mistake for them to focus on anything short of the impressive. I mean, very few people are unimpressed with Sony's showing this year. Very few. I mean, the conference is about games, and Sony, as far as I've read thus far, delivered that more than any other company this year. I think Sony's problem this year was only having a set amount of time for their Press Conference, and not having enough to show all their content, which speaks VOLUMES for them.

Still, with what they did show, it definitely shows they are / were serious, and the PS3 still has a LONG way to come, and the room for growth in such a short time only leaves me with extremely high hopes for the future.

Their two biggest games MGS4 and Killzone 2 aren't out till 2008.

No talk of Lair? not even a mention of GTA4. After all it did for the PS2, you'd think even a simple mention would show some respect......

Check PSN; the content featured during the press conference is available for download through it now.

Just noticed, sweet..get a proper look at some of this stuff they didn't zoom into.

LBP is my first download.

They also have a trailer for EveryDay Shooter, which they didn't even bother to mention...like I say, it literally felt like they had too much to show, and not enough time. There's also a new Lair trailer up on the PSN, it seems.

It doesn't matter, I'm downloading them from my US PSN account ;)

Just narks me Europe is an after thought for Sony, despite Europe being their largest market.

It doesn't matter, I'm downloading them from my US PSN account ;)

Just narks me Europe is an after thought for Sony, despite Europe being their largest market.
could it possibly related to the fact that its around 10pm in Europe - Who cares if its 1 day late?

not even a mention of GTA4. After all it did for the PS2, you'd think even a simple mention would show some respect......
Rockstar probably begged them not to show it so people couldn't make a direct comparison between GTA and infamous. :LOL:

Still, I would have to question what you think Sony owes Rockstar.... I would suggest it's the other way around.

could it possibly related to the fact that its around 10pm in Europe - Who cares if its 1 day late?
Obviously I do.

Some demos are months late.

It's actually 9:30, the conferense finished around 9, plenty of time for someone at sony to press a button to update Euro PSN if you ask me before mummy tucks them up in bed.

Nothing really worth writting home about (Pun intended), but it did the job, as far as press conferences go.

The Sucker Punch's game premise sounds alike the one in Crackdown/Spiderman 2/3/Hulk Ultimate Destruction: Freeroaming + super powers. Can be fun, we need more details about it.
not even a mention of GTA4. After all it did for the PS2, you'd think even a simple mention would show some respect......
Who said SCEA refused to have the game trailers displayed?

MS paid a hefty amount of money to Take-2, so I'd expect that many PR exclusive features were included in the deal.

Apparently all this is coming in Trailer form. Just hope that by Friday, we'll also get a playable demo, but maybe that'll have to wait until next week. If so, pity though.

FreeSpeech.com said:
Check the PSN tomorrow (Thursday) for the following new arrivals (all trailers) -

- Feel Ski (SCEJ)
- Folklore (SCEJ)
- High Velocity Bowling (SCEA)
- Killzone 2 (SCEE)
- Little Big Planet (SCEE)
- Pain (SCEA)
- Wipeout HD (SCEE)
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (SCEA)

in addition, Polyphony are creating a new GT trailer, which will debut on the PSN next week.

Did the audio and video feeds of the Killzone trailer seem completely different for anyone else? They didn't seem to match up at all.

I am quite confident to say that Sony probably showed the most out of the three.

It was much more interesting than MS and Nintendo's showings if we ignore the beginning.

Things that got my attention were:

Their dedication and expansion of Home. I loved how the XMB combined with other devices could show transfer your media through Home. Took a picture with your mobile phone and POOF its in your Home placed on a wall. This can open huge opportunities, especially in sharing and transferring your entertainment media.

At last a price drop and a PS3 offer with a 80GB HDD including Motorstorm

Lots of deals with third party developers. PS3 may have lost GTA3 as a time exclusive but it won lots of other time exclusives. Unreal is a time exclusive, as well as....COD4???? Plus a lot more including Assasin's creed? Or did I not understand well? There is a similar reference in the Live Report. I need confirmation

MGS4 is finally announced and confirmed as an exclusive on the PS3. Looked brilliant too. They have improved its visuals.

GT5 Prologue looked exceptionally real although they showed too little

KILLZONE2's gameplay footage was EXCEPTIONAL :D

I also loved the appearance of Wipeout HD and their commitment at offering content towards PSnetwork

The puzzle game was also very original and interesting. Loved it.

I am pretty sure they had a lot more to show. They said that they had 15 1st party exclusive games made for the PS3. They showed about 5-7 though. Where are the other half?

I don't understand why both PS3 and 360 have to have such a low limit on the number of downloads in the queue (360 being the worse offender). 360's was especially annoying yesterday (6 in queue? wtf!), but not being able to add all the videos released today on PSN isn't any less annoying (granted, there is a lot of them, but what's so hard about a queue limit of something like 20 or so). It's rarely an issue, but it just seems silly -- it isn't like they are all downloading at the same time, so why should there be such a low limit on a list which should only takes a few bytes of memory.

Oh well...

PS3 may have lost GTA3 as a time exclusive but it won lots of other time exclusives. Unreal is a time exclusive, as well as....COD4???? Plus a lot more including Assasin's creed? Or did I not understand well?

If you get clarification let us know because I didn't hear that at all! And if it was true I'd be very surprised.

Back