E3 Microsoft Conference Thread

Well that was underwhelming... :-/

You can say that again. The only good part was COD4 presentation and RE5 trailer. The rest was mindles repeating off all games that we know of already. Not a single one new game announced, NOT A SINGLE ONE [not counting XBLA].

And who in the world will buy that ass-ugly Halo x360 SKU???

Games I'll be getting for the 360 by the end of the year after watching the conf:
Halo3
Mass Effect
PGR4
GTA4
Lost Odessy
Bioshock
Assassins Creed
CoD4

IMHO COD4 looks way better than HALO3, though HALO3 will probably make me buy a 360 :)

I thought it was informative. I watched it on G4TV on my 60" TV.

CoD4 looked Amazing!!!!
Halo3 Looked really good as well, much better than the multiplayer.

I wanted to see someone playing BioShock but there wasn't...
Assasin's Creed looked good but not as good as I thought it would.

Games I'll be getting for the 360 by the end of the year after watching the conf:
Halo3
Mass Effect
PGR4
GTA4
Lost Odessy
Bioshock
Assassins Creed
CoD4

Bingo! I think we have a winner. This is exactly why you guys saw only 2007 games. It was an effective conference to get new people to buy the system since it looks like they have solid fall/holiday line-up. I think this one of the reason's why didn't see a price drop announced. Microsoft could announce it tomorrow, but I doubt it. More likely they think they have such a great line-up, that the games will sell the console itself and that a price-drop isn't necessary till later. How much later? November I'm thinking to tie in with the 2 year anniversary just in time for the holiday shoppers. If so, there's no wonder why they didn't announce it tonight.

Tommy McClain

and before?

Halo3
GTA4
BioShock
Lost Odessy

I'm a easy to persuade though :( I'd have to say CoD4 and Assassin's Creed were the biggest surprises to me.

PGR4 is now only the list since I saw the bike backing it in, to a corner. That's too cool!
Mass effect looks just very epic in it's presentation. The trailer was sick.

Who cares? It was a brilliant game. My fave of 2006.

Mine too, and it don't look like a sequel. Microsoft has always planned on it being a franchise for the system. It makes perfect sense they would take advantage of it.

Tommy McClain

COD4 looked very good in game play but as far as I watched it in a small window the grass didn't wave.

Details on Halo 3 system...

Look for this new console in September. This new Special Edition contains these components:

Halo 3 Special Edition Console
Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
Component HD AV Cable
Ethernet Cable
HDMI Port
Play & Charge Kit
Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
One-month Lbox LIVE Gold Membership
Halo 3 game not included—sold separately

Looks like a quasi-Elite model. No price details, but Bungie's site says more info tomorrow, so who knows.

Tommy McClain

Back