The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2014 edition

I dunno Rangers , it would have been a great show ender to drop price on the xbox 360 .

I was hoping for a 360 with no dvd drive , 32 gigs of storage space and a 28nm soc for $150 . that would have been a megaton

32GB would have been too small. You'd need at least 64MB, as some games are up to 50GB.

Arwin I think you miss read , no game is 50 gigs on the xbox 360.

32gigs should be good for 4 games on the xbox 360 and $150 would be a great price esp with no disk drive.

Ah, sorry, yes, I did misread, thought Xbox One of course. But considering your setup, I could imagine you being interested in such a model. ;) Right now though, they need to focus on getting the Xbox One back up on its feet, because things aren't looking good.

It's street priced at $179 for the 4GB now...

So yeah, 32Gb for 149 would be better, but not monumentally so.

Myself I think people are always too aggressive on what they think is possible with old gen pricing. I always remind people PS2 never did hit $99 (or maybe it eventually did I dont recall, but it spent ages at $129). Inflation means $149 is the new $99.

There's probably just not much incentive for MS or Sony to drop old gen pricing, either. It would only stimulate demand a little. They'd rather rack in nice profits and stay pat.

Edit: Oh, missed the no DVD on the 149 360 part. That changes everything. And yeah I agree with Nisaaru, cant see that selling.

I dunno Rangers , it would have been a great show ender to drop price on the xbox 360 .

I was hoping for a 360 with no dvd drive , 32 gigs of storage space and a 28nm soc for $150 . that would have been a megaton

Megaton of fail you mean? Who would buy such a 360 if he can't use their game library, their friend's or rent/buy some used games. What should 32GB fix vs 4GB model? 2-4 full games?
What MS should finally do is allow people to use any HD in their systems.

Megaton of fail you mean? Who would buy such a 360 if he can't use their game library, their friend's or rent/buy some used games. What should 32GB fix vs 4GB model? 2-4 full games?
What MS should finally do is allow people to use any HD in their systems.

Someone who doesn't mind spending $4 bucks a month for 2 free games every month ?

Someone who doesn't mind spending $4 bucks a month for 2 free games every month ?

This. Last disk game I bought was GTA5. Not sure I will do that again. Digital is where it's at.

BTW, officially it's $5/month, but only if you pay for $60 12-month subscription otherwise its $10/month.

Tommy McClain

Good on Keighley for asking that kind of nicely targeted question. Guy takes a lot of crap (Doritoes Pope) but isn't so bad. Knows his stuff.

Here is a list of upcoming big games, courtesy of MS. Kind of a decent release list imo after the E3 smoke clears

xboholidaygamefinal.jpg

Not a bad fall with these being the ones I'd call big hitters:

AC Unity
DA: Inquisition
COD: AW
BF: Hardlines
Halo: MCC
Destiny
Far Cry 4
Forza Horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive

The only thing on that list that makes me interested at all is Sunset Overdrive, and as I said before, that last gameplay vid actually made me question the purchase rather than want it more.

I agree with those who say that PC really won E3. It's almost enough to make me go back to PC gaming. The only thing is that my last PC gaming experience (years and years ago... has it been a decade already?), was that the games were always great and fun but that they changed so dramatically from night to night and session to session because there was no "Friends list" or real coordination.

Being able to send messages on Live to your friends when you're both playing different games and being able to invite people into your game or being able to find people you had a great gaming experience with last Saturday when you want to play this Saturday is what got me to move from PC gaming to Console gaming.

But I honestly don't know if those "issues" have been solved in the PC gaming world since. PC gaming was always better graphics and tighter controls.

As far as I know Steam is exactly what you want. I dont use it a ton but my brother does and it seems like basically Xbox Live for PC. Friends list, messages, friend communication and all that. And befitting PC, it's free.

Really, while I think it's often spared from too much criticism, Steam has taken PC gaming and consolidated it under one system. Almost all PC gamers are on Steam.

Back