E-Distribution Games for PS3

Bad_Boy

god of war.
Veteran
Seems like they are starting to show up...
Blast Factor:

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Bluepoint Games
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 system
Genre: Action Arcade
Rating: “RP” for Everyone

OVERVIEW:

Developed by Bluepoint Games, Blast Factor brings together “old school” and “new school” arcade action. Supporting true High Definition (HD) at full 1080p and taking advantage of the PS3™ system’s advanced processing power, Blast Factor delivers a visually stunning experience as gamers work their way through each specimen, cell by cell exploring an all-new world and gameplay experience.

KEY FEATURES:

• Full HD at 1080p – High resolution, high adrenaline arcade action at full 1080p HD.
• Self Adjusting Difficulty – Depending on how well a gamer plays, each cell determines which cell they will face next.
• Integral use of SIXAXIS™ Wireless Controller – Blast Factor takes full advantage of the SIXAXIS wireless controller. By tilting left and right, gamers can push enemies around the play field, but need to be careful as some might enemies not react the as expected.
• Global Online Rankings – Gamers will be able to check their rank versus the world.

BlastFactor.jpg

blast_factor6.jpg

flOw:

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: thatgamecompany LLC
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 system
Genre: Zen
Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending

OVERVIEW:

flOw is the first game ever to come from the university to first-party publishing on a major console. Initially an MFA (Master of Fine Arts) thesis, flOw is a game about piloting an aquatic organism through a surreal biosphere where players consume other organisms, evolve, and advance their organisms down toward the abyss. The stunning graphics and power of PLAYSTATION®3 system set the stage for a truly unique gameplay experience. With an embedded design of DDA (dynamic difficulty adjustment), players with differing skill levels can intuitively customize their game experience and enjoy the game at their own pace. Players can also customize the appearance of their organisms based on gameplay.

KEY FEATURES:

• Full HD at 1080p – Gamers will lose themselves in the crisp “Deep Blue” while encountering surreal ornate organisms.
• Dynamically Adjusting Experience – Players with differing skill levels and/or mood can intuitively customize their game experience and enjoy the game at their own pace.
• Using the SIXAXIS™ WirelessController – Gamers can use the analog thumb stick or take advantage of the SIXAXIS wireless controller motion sensors to glide, flit, and flOw through the universe of flOw.
• Global Online Creature Sharing – Gamers can check on everything from how much they’ve eaten, to how large their creature is, to how they’ve evolved, and much more, then compare it to the rest of the world.
flOwlogo.jpg

Go Sudoku:

No info posted yet.
GoSudokuLogo.jpg

Lemmings 2:

No info posted yet.
lemmingsII4.jpg

Swizzleblocks:

No info posted yet.

Criminal Crackdown:

No info posted yet.

criminal_crackdown.jpg

Third Party E-Distribution Games:
Gripshift
Crash Carnage Ciaos
Wheel of Fortune

These third party titles have yet to receive either information or screenshots. It should be noted that there are many more games in the pipeline that I'll reveal over the next couple of hours and days leading up to Gamer's Day 2006 so be sure to keep it locked to this thread for all your e-Distribution games.
*all thanks to neojubei @ gaf / Elder @ PS3forums for the images/information
http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.php?p=668604&postcount=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempest 3000, anyone?

Probably a bit more like Geo Wars... with a few changes (level based and who knows what else).

Looks pretty sweet, even if it is a seeming blatant rip-off (though it seems a bit different, judging from the screenshots it isn't hard to see where they got the idea). Maybe it'll force MS to make a Geo Wars 2!

Lemmings, Gripshift, Blast Factor, flOw all look pretty sweet. Not sure what the other games are though.

Regardless, that's quite a few more 'sony arcade' games than I was expecting for launch (I imagine these are for launch, at least).

Now we will see a good use of the controler (I hope).

Anything about prices?

Nothing yet -- but I imagine they'll try to be in the same price range as Live Arcade titles (~$9.99 usd would be my guess... or I hope it isn't more, at least).

Now we will see a good use of the controler (I hope).

Anything about prices?

Not yet, I expect we will hear those on thursday @ gamers day. I'd also expect the same type of prices you see on XBA.
Regardless, that's quite a few more 'sony arcade' games than I was expecting for launch (I imagine these are for launch, at least).
I agree, being that flOw is the only one we have known about for a while, this list is a nice surprise. :)

Kinda interesting to see Sudoku and Gripshift listed as they were both originally on the PSP.

Kinda interesting to see Sudoku and Gripshift listed as they were both originally on the PSP.

Taken from gaf about gripshift on ps3, from a developer on the gripshift team.
Its not a sequel as such, but it will have new content, better graphics, improved controls, better soundtrack, online play etc. Basically taking the game to the next level, while addressing consumer feedback from the PSP version where we can (we collected about 60 pages worth in a doc).

The game will be a work in progress at the event, but should give people a rough idea of where we are heading with it.

keeping all the original artists. Just broadening the soundtrack and adding some music options to appeal to a wider audience.

There should be a demo so you can check out whether its worth the purchase. A lot of the levels are being remixed, with a bunch of new levels being added so there should be a lot of new stuff for exsiting GripShift PSP owners of the title.

Not to mention it will be at a "compelling price point"

He also hints it might show up on XBLA.

AAAAA LEMMINGS! How much I loved this game :D

Overally the collection of these games seem very promising. Thumbs up

Yes, that's all I have to say

criminal_crackdown.jpg

This could just have been the cover art of an old Amiga or Atari ST game. Really old school style.

I am really surprised, i never expected ps3arcade to be that advance in games, i thought that it was mor of an afterthought or something along those lines. I am really glad of being proved wrong.

I really like the look of flow. That game will be a blast if it has online multiplayer.

Also, lemmings looks really slick.

From some strange reason i feel that Criminal Crackdown is the game that Jaffe has been working on.

I think lemmings is an old psygnosis game (blood money) from amiga /atari st days... Sony bought psygnosis early in the lifecycle of ps1 and they became the heart of scee...

I think lemmings is an old psygnosis game (blood money) from amiga /atari st days... Sony bought psygnosis early in the lifecycle of ps1 and they became the heart of scee...
SCEE Liverpool I believe. And yes, Lemmings started on Amiga and then was ported absolutely everywhere. The latest incarnation is on PSP (and DS I think?) but handled by Team17. Although a PS2 version was shown at E3 IIRC so perhaps that's the latest incarnation! I think this is a Team17 creation, but it hasn't been confirmed as such.

A couple more pics for good measure...

lemmingsII3.jpg

lemmingsII1.jpg

The IQ is awesome, and totally doable if all that power is thrown at 2D! I really hope 2D shines on next-gen after it's success on the handhelds.

Team 17 needs to bring worms to the ps3, good god that would be fun online (not the 3d version of worms, the platform style 2-d version :D).

Very nice. Seems like a good start of the service!

I'm getting a bit tired of all the classics on XBLA to be honest...

It looks a lot like the PSP version in zoomed in mode, though maybe still a bit better. Anyway, the latest version of Lemmings is probably the Eyetoy one on PS2? ;)

Also there's already a Worms out too for the PSP and DS, so it'll probably make its way here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemmings looks nice! I just wonder how well in plays with a controller. Some of the harder levels in the classic game require you to give orders at precise locations in a split second, often very hard even with a mouse...

Back