Dying Light

DJ12

Veteran

Only says PS4, but I think it's multiplatform. Looks like an interesting take on the Zombie Game.

Ok, way too much zombies and post-apocolypse at E3. The combination of Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed style parkour and zombie's could be neat though. A lot more interesting than some of the other ideas.

Video of Dying Light running on the Xbox One. It's 10 minutes long --thanks to NospheratuX for the link.

another game with a blinding sun. Initial impressions from websites have been positive. I will pass another zombie game as another zombie game, unless it is a pure survival game.

another game with a blinding sun. Initial impressions from websites have been positive. I will pass another zombie game as another zombie game, unless it is a pure survival game.

The dying light of lens flare...........................is killing us:p

Now if the lens flare turned your character into a zombie, that might be interesting.

we know its not the same gameplay
but dead island has city/town parts and it does look like the same engine

just checked its an updated version of the engine

1080p PS4 version...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/de...ying-light-runs-in-1080p-on-ps4/1100-6416606/

The PlayStation 4 version of Dead Island developer Techland's new zombie game Dying Light runs in 1080p, a representative for the studio confirmed tonight during the Spike VGX Awards.

Techland provided a live gameplay demonstration of Dying Light on the PS4 during the show. It is unclear what the native resolution is for the Xbox One version of the game.

Don't need to confirm the XB1 version, we pretty much know how this is going to go.

This isn't what I expected at all. From what I read previously I thought this was more of a high paced parkour game where you dash from point to point before night sets in, which didn't appeal as I like to explore my open world games. This games looks far more interesting to me now.

2014 is going to be an expensive year for games!

It seems like the game will run at 1080p and 60 fps on both consoles, if the statements of the developers are to be believed.

http://gamingbolt.com/dying-light-d...4-xbox-one-talks-current-next-gen-differences

It may seem like a long time ago since we heard anything about the controversies surrounding certain games’ resolutions. This was highlighted by some titles like Call of Duty: Ghosts running on 1080p for PS4 and 720p on Xbox One. Now that both consoles are launched and the next wave of cross-generational titles is due next year, GamingBolt had a chance to speak to Techland, the studio behind the upcoming first person horror title Dying Light, about next-gen development.

We spoke to tech director Jakub Klarowicz about whether both the Xbox One and PS4 versions would run at 1080p and 60 FPS. He stated that, “It’s too early to tell. We aim to have the final game running at 1080p, 60 fps on both PS4 and Xbox One, and it seems that we will be able to achieve this. Obviously, we’re still working on the game itself and its optimization, but we aim to provide that kind of experience when the game launches.”

Producer Tymon Smektala also spoke about the differences between current and next gen versions of the game, including PS4 and Xbox One specific features such as Kinect and touchpad support. “In terms of the core gameplay, there will be no significant differences. Very early in the production process we’ve decided that we want the game to play exactly the same on all platforms, so we’ve created a new version of our in-house Chrome Engine technology to support that goal.

“That’s why all Dying Light elements that relate to the core gameplay – be it the enemy AI or the number of zombies on screen – stay the same, whether it’s current-gen or next-gen. On the other hand, we also wanted to use the extreme processing power of PS4, Xbox One and PC, so these versions use all advancements in the field of graphical fidelity, including our very advanced physically based lighting model.

“For regular gamers it might sound like a technical mumbo-jumbo, but it’s something they should really be excited about: thanks to the new lighting model, the whole game world looks extra realistic and instantly gets +10 to immersion. Of course, we’re also using some of the more specific next-gen features, like lightbar and touchpad support or voice recognition, the latter being tied to our in-game noise system (you can draw zombies’ attention just by screaming at them).”

Back