DriveClub VR [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Rushy [game director, or ex game director now]commented a bit about that japanese announcement. The game is real, and it will have new tracks [or at least layouts].

So... Are we thinking that Driveclub VR on Neo will basically look mostly the same as the original game? While on PS4 it will have some pretty big cuts?

So... Are we thinking that Driveclub VR on Neo will basically look mostly the same as the original game? While on PS4 it will have some pretty big cuts?
Not necessarily. I think the biggest difference will be the internal resolution. Low resolution and aliasing is I think what people complained the most with PSVR games using the original PS4.

Not necessarily. I think the biggest difference will be the internal resolution. Low resolution and aliasing is I think what people complained the most with PSVR games using the original PS4.

and blurryness. i keep reading people says PSVR not as sharp as rift and vive.

but i dont know its due to the optics or low rendering resolution.

they had said for DC VR they went from deferred renderer to forward renderer, and removed volumetric clouds, I doubt they'll develop two versions of DC VR, the only thing we should get for neo maybe is a higher native framerate, 60->120 with frame interpolation on PS4, and 90->120 on Neo, or maybe 120 native if they can.

im still confused. Who the heck is developing this?

in the taken down JP page, the developer was not mentioned (despite other games that was listed have their developers mentioned). Now in here the developers just call them as "we".

or... the developer name is "WE"? O_O

in the taken down JP page, the developer was not mentioned (despite other games that was listed have their developers mentioned). Now in here the developers just call them as "we".

Posted by Nico Orru on Aug 16, 2016 // Principal Programmer, SIE Immersive Technology Group

According to Rushy on GAF the same team that created Drive Club is the same team that created Drive Club VR. No other team has touched it. Rushy was a member or Evo.

The same development team who made DRIVECLUB, also made DRIVECLUB VR.

Other Ocean did not contribute, nor did any other team, to its development.

Last edited:
But I doubt they have managed to finish everything before being closed. So there must be someone else.

But I doubt they have managed to finish everything before being closed. So there must be someone else.

His post is barely a month old. He was very definitive about no other team contributing. He also never said Evolution Studios, he kept it at a generic "development team". I see no reason why the respective parties couldn't come to an agreement to continue work if all parties were open to it. After all, work is work and a check is a check.

Back