Doom [PC]

So you are saying that you are doomed?
He's one doomed Space Marine:
hqdefault.jpg

...Shoulda called up Duke instead!

Really want a new Duke game. I mean, Duke did some funky stuff to the bosses in D3D. Doom-style executions would be fitting.

Patch at the end of the month:
https://community.bethesda.net/thread/23941

For DOOM’s next game update, we will be releasing the patch notes later this month, which will include several improvements and features. We thought it was important to share some of those improvements with you now:
  • Added Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots
  • Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (1st person view option)
  • Added new Snapmap features (including skybox windows) and AI pathing and logic fixes.
  • Fixed various bugs including players accidentally triggering Dev Mode and Trophy/Achievement bugs (IDKFA, Every Nook and Cranny).
These are just a few of the improvements and fixes coming later this month, but we wanted to provide an update as soon as we could.

Well shit, I can't remember if I deleted the original save or not since I restarted from scratch and was moving folders around. lol

Played it to finish, and enjoyed the heck out of it.
Haven't wanted to read threads about the game until I finished it.
Played it like a noob - no binds, no tactics, just running and gunning. Awesome. :)
I kind of both want an extention of the hinted story, and a somewhat faster arena shooter version of the game since Bethesda seems to go the Hero Shooter route with Quake Champions.
But - maybe I'll just set up my old Q3 binds, and replay the game at higher difficulty. I've missed shooting so much. :)

Don't know if you've played much in the way of FPS in VR, but it can be some pretty nausea inducing stuff. The speed of Doom gameplay would only be accessible to the hardest of iron stomachs out there.

Don't know if you've played much in the way of FPS in VR, but it can be some pretty nausea inducing stuff. The speed of Doom gameplay would only be accessible to the hardest of iron stomachs out there.

It would be a new genre of speed running. Speed Vomiting! :D

Just take a look at the Solus Project a relatiavely slow paced exploration/survival game. For VR they have 3 methods of movement. The direct control movement mode has strong warnings about the potential for nausea when enabled.

Regards,
SB

It would be a new genre of speed running. Speed Vomiting! :D

Just take a look at the Solus Project a relatiavely slow paced exploration/survival game. For VR they have 3 methods of movement. The direct control movement mode has strong warnings about the potential for nausea when enabled.

Regards,
SB
Regardless, I have to try this when I can get my hands on it. I've got a friend close by that has a Vive.
If I don't experience motion sickness,... My credit card Quakes in my wallet. ;-)

I keep thinking about Alien Isolation when I think of what I'd want to play in VR. Slow gameplay style, limited shooting, lots of exploring, and an amazing setting.

Doom is designed around during lots of snap turns with the mouse. Not sure I'd want to try to do that with my neck. Heh.

Back