Shallow how? As in they don’t reflect things far away?

Yeah, exactly that. At least some surfaces appear shallow. Not sure if it depends on the material, it's quite hard to tell early in the game as most environments are like goo.

Anyone knows if i can download only DLC on xsx? I finished whole base campaign and it would be great if i can install only "anceint gods" dlc

I just played an hour or so on the Series X. I think the raytracing mode looks quite a bit softer than the balanced mode and I'd say textures and some of the assets have taken a hit as well. The medkits for example when at a certain distance look appalling in the raytracing mode, whereas they look alright in the balanced mode. The reflections look nice and perhaps there are levels where it's a worthy trade off, but based on what I've seen so far, I'm definitely sticking with the balanced mode. I do sit very close to my TV and generally favour resolution etc. so take that as you may. Looking forward to see what DF says about it.

Another shit show. I guess I'll wait for the inevitable patch, which will require us to download the PS FOUR version of the game and transfer the save, as we did for other games. Ridiculous.

This is probably the first game I played with RT which does not require DLSS to be on. It maintains ~100FPS with 4K+RT+no DLSS on my 3080 Ti. Enable DLSS Quality brings it to 120 ~ 140 FPS.

Is it possible to use DLSS as a supersampling step, so have the native resolution at 4k and use DLSS to upscale to some much higher resolution, then downsample to the screen? Presumably eliminating most aliasing.

Is it possible to use DLSS as a supersampling step, so have the native resolution at 4k and use DLSS to upscale to some much higher resolution, then downsample to the screen? Presumably eliminating most aliasing.

Since DLSS is not designed for this purpose, I think it'll be better just to use normal AA techniques on native resolution. It's also very inefficient.

That's what DSR is for.

WAIT A SECOND! You can't transfer your save from PS4 to PS5 at all?? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK SONY/BETHESDA!

You should be used to this by now with how many backend issues Sony has. It shouldn't be on the developers to have to implement their own solutions to support cross-generation progression.

You should be used to this by now with how many backend issues Sony has. It shouldn't be on the developers to have to implement their own solutions to support cross-generation progression.
It's a pain but most games let you transfer it. I'll just wait for the patch.

It's a pain but most games let you transfer it. I'll just wait for the patch.
I'm going to sound like a dick but I would say, it's not on our road map if I was them.
Being a MS support issue now, nice enough that they did a PS5 version much less having to deal with that crazy stuff.
Has Sony released a standard way to do it and they've just not done it?

I'm going to sound like a dick but I would say, it's not on our road map if I was them.
Being a MS support issue now, nice enough that they did a PS5 version much less having to deal with that crazy stuff.
Has Sony released a standard way to do it and they've just not done it?
You don't sound like a dick, but I may not agree with that. Ultimately it's first of all a matter of releasing a product of a certain standard, and at the same time releasing it with the same standards as all other products in the market. This is totally Sony's mess, but all other upgrades have managed to do it, so just saying 'not my problem' isn't really great. I'm fairly sure they'll figure this out like everyone else.

You don't sound like a dick, but I may not agree with that. Ultimately it's first of all a matter of releasing a product of a certain standard, and at the same time releasing it with the same standards as all other products in the market. This is totally Sony's mess, but all other upgrades have managed to do it, so just saying 'not my problem' isn't really great. I'm fairly sure they'll figure this out like everyone else.
Is it really the standard that games have cross progression?
I don't really follow, so I'm probably influenced by all the negative reports I seem to see about it.

From what I can see they've done a good job on a free PS5 version.
They could've charged and throw in a tool to copy progression. As it is additional work beyond the other platforms. Competing platform at that.

If there isn't a standard way to do it, Sony really should get something in place as cross gen isn't going away any time soon.

Edit: To be clear I mean a standard library that they could use, without having to write the whole process as a bespoke bit of code.

Last edited:
Back