Is it really the standard that games have cross progression?
I don't really follow, so I'm probably influenced by all the negative reports I seem to see about it.

From what I can see they've done a good job on a free PS5 version.
They could've charged and throw in a tool to copy progression. As it is additional work beyond the other platforms. Competing platform at that.

If there isn't a standard way to do it, Sony really should get something in place as cross gen isn't going away any time soon.

Edit: To be clear I mean a standard library that they could use, without having to write the whole process as a bespoke bit of code.

Basically some other such instances (FF7, Nioh 2 to name just a couple) require:

- patch the PS4 game to add a “transfer save” feature.
- you as a user to download the PS4 version and use that feature
- download the PS5 version and transfer your save

Some other games don’t seem to require any of that.

If you ask me ps5 has THE best version becouse you have to replay it without cheats like saves.... LUCKY!!!!!
Anyway i dont see big problem here, its fast paced shoter not 18000+ hours rpg

It is a bit of a pain cause I spent quite a long time maxing out all my weapons and all that and didn’t want to get into the DLC with nothing to show for it. I’ve also played the game to death (got the platinum) so not sure I want to start all over again and upgrade everything again.

Basically some other such instances (FF7, Nioh 2 to name just a couple) require:

- patch the PS4 game to add a “transfer save” feature.
- you as a user to download the PS4 version and use that feature
- download the PS5 version and transfer your save

Some other games don’t seem to require any of that.

That sounds like a royal pain. So if you don't have it currently installed, you have to download the PS4 version just to be able to use your save in the PS5 version? Like Sony couldn't have come up with a better way to do this universally for all the games on the platform?

Regards,
SB

If you ask me ps5 has THE best version becouse you have to replay it without cheats like saves.... LUCKY!!!!! Anyway i dont see big problem here, its fast paced shoter not 18000+ hours rpg

I'm not a Doom guy but I do get the frustration and what you say abut RPGs is completely true for me.

If the nextgen Witcher 3 patch does not allow me to load my PS4 save file, there is little chance I'll dive into that and buy the DLC which I missed but I know was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a royal pain. So if you don't have it currently installed, you have to download the PS4 version just to be able to use your save in the PS5 version? Like Sony couldn't have come up with a better way to do this universally for all the games on the platform?

Regards,
SB

Out of all “Sony things” that Sony has done, this one must be in the Top 5 most shockingly Sony things that they have ever managed to come up with. Its just so… Sony.

Out of all “Sony things” that Sony has done, this one must be in the Top 5 most shockingly Sony things that they have ever managed to come up with. Its just so… Sony.

PS3 OS feature that got stripped into the consoles lifetime is up there perhaps, along with the amount of remasters and remakes could be in the list, too.

No doubt. Maybe Action Replay will get into the cross-gen cross-platform game-save business? LOL

Tommy McClain

Must say that, i prefer a solid cross gen period with a solid exclusives lineup later on than half ass both of them (like doing your AAA exclusives cross gen and remasters etc).

My PS4 save will probably work better on the X than on PS5! :LOL:
huh, i know it's a joke but the hardware has practically zero influence on whether or not a game will work on a different console. It is nearly solely due to whoever wrote the game, in this case it's ID, who fwiw really have gone downhill since carmack left, their games used to look top notch now they look average to crap (even with the RT) though they do run quick, i assume this is partly cause they are not using the slow d3d11 but the much faster/cheaper for calls vulkan.
Moan to ID and tell them to lift their game,
now if you really want to bitch about sony do it about their lack of support for VRR cause here MS are kicking their ass

I finally dove into this one over the last couple of days (playing on Ultra Violence, Hard) and I'm LOVING IT!

This game looks incredible and I really enjoy the gameplay loop where you need to keep killing to get ammo and health with glory kills. It's great IMO.

I think I need to improve a little quicker if I'm going to complete it, but every few hours of play I feel like I'm getting more skilled so I might make it. :)

Back