DMC4 Countdown...

was the third game any good?

the first kicked ass.
the second sucked balls. which is why i didnt care for the third.

one of the reasons why i stopped playing MGS games. the ps1 game kicked ass when you had to hide your foot steps but i stopped playing the ps2 versions becuase it seems like they dumbed it down too much and it felt like a regular action title.

my money is on God of War2

hopfully gow2 wont suffer from the softmore jinx

was the third game any good?

the first kicked ass.
the second sucked balls. which is why i didnt care for the third.

one of the reasons why i stopped playing MGS games. the ps1 game kicked ass when you had to hide your foot steps but i stopped playing the ps2 versions becuase it seems like they dumbed it down too much and it felt like a regular action title.

my money is on God of War2

hopfully gow2 wont suffer from the softmore jinx

Yeah 3 was great. It took every element from the first and added more. The timing combos from the first are there, the good old moves are there, the skill is there, the style is there, everything was done right.

I hated the second as well and it was my worst purchase for years :mad:

But 3 rocked :D

Had some of the greatest boss battles ever. Get it! You will love it! Especially the last boss fight. ;)

The third one was the best in terms of gameplay. Same goes for MGS. But I kinda miss Dante from the first one and the supporting character(s).

once i get off off work gonna go down and check it out.

If you're in NA, make sure to get the greatest hits 'special edition' version. Special edition has an easier mode and some other extras (and it's only $20).

DMC3 is fantastic... if you liked DMC1, you'll like this one more, most likely. The depth of the combat system is pretty crazy. The only action game I had more fun playing this gen was ZOE2.

Famitsu has a preview this week! Some details, from neoGAF:

From duckroll:

- Yuji Shimomura is once again directing the cutscenes
- The main character is Nero
- The gameplay systems will be similar to the games before this
- Takes place between DMC1 amd DMC2
- 60fps

From Raiden_Fan:

-Nero has devilish right arm. He can draw enemies toward himself and then throw them.
He starts to realise his powers in DMC4. DMC4 portraits Nero when he earns his powers and hereafter.
- They chose Nero because Dante was overused (3 games) & they wanted to put the new users and the old fans in the same starting line for DMC4.
- Nero looks like Dante because the silver hair and red coat is more like a symbol to the DMC series/
- "Dante is grim and he can't settle down. As story progresses the situation changes, how's that?" says Kobayashi meaning that Dante might be playable.
-They introduced the right arm draw-throw system because in DMC3 when you beat the enemies, combos brake. Besides expect the sword and weapons this system provides multiple choises and the fun expands, However depending on the enemy you can't draw and throw everyone of them.
- The combo system has as base the one from DMC3 & they are revising/reworking details according to the fans' comment-remarks.
-Nero's sword has a bar. The sword has somekind of a driving force in it. It's a new way/element to enjoy the sword handling.
-In TGS there will be real time footage.

On a note on the last point, it's listed as a playable at TGS currently.

There's some photos of the preview floating around "out there", and it looks really good. Hopefully we'll get better media on Friday!

main character is nero, interesting. 60 fps is always nice for this type of game.
I saw the scans and I cant wait to see it in motion. thanks for the details Titanio.

edit:
does it say anything about a release day? last I heard it was around spring 07.

Last edited by a moderator:
:D :D :D
There's not enough smilies to show how happy I am reading this.

I consider the origional DMC a milestone in game design and I'm a huge fan. I consider it the first really "next-gen" game of the era.

IGN has more..

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/730/730818p1.html

Dante is going to be taken a back seat in the first next generation entry in the Devil May Cry series. The new issue of Famitsu reveals that Devil May Cry 4 will feature a new lead in the form of Nero, a new character who slightly resembles Dante in that he has white hair and sports a long coat.

All the classic Devil May Cry moves are also planned for the game. Nero can wield two guns and has access to a variety of swords, including the powerful Red Queen. The combo system is based on that of part 3, Itsuno revealed to the magazine, noting that Capcom has been making adjustments by listening to user feedback. There are a few mysterious new systems, including one where your sword has an element of "acceleration" about it, but details will have to wait until a certain late-September game show.

Can't wait to see footage from this.

Hideaki Itsuno stated that the change was made in part to put fans and newcomers on equal ground with the game. One of the worries was that if the game looks too much like a sequel, new players will have a hard time of playing.
Is it me or does that sound like they want dmc ported on a new platform?

Is it me or does that sound like they want dmc ported on a new platform?

It is on a new platform. Its on Playstation 3.

Anyway, I don't buy this new comer sentiment. When the title has number 4 next to it, why bother with new comer. Sequels are generally for the fans. They should make new franchises for new comers.

Sequels are generally for the fans. They should make new franchises for new comers.

You say that as if creating a totally new franchise that is actually GOOD, is like making some pasta bake!

It's just not bloody easy, or we would have LOADS of fabulous new franchises every 2 years or so. DMC was Good, but definitely an exception amongst the many "new" pieces of crap released in the PS2 generation. :)

It is on a new platform. Its on Playstation 3.

Anyway, I don't buy this new comer sentiment. When the title has number 4 next to it, why bother with new comer. Sequels are generally for the fans. They should make new franchises for new comers.

good point I suppose. I don't really care for the new character as long as hes bad ass as dante was. It will be interesting to play the story from a different perspective.

Back