Dirt 2

Well I posted my complaints, and neither the framerate nor the tearing were among those. None of that on my screen. I can try the 360 version, but I've done so before with GRID, and the original Dirt, and the games were basically a wash on both systems back then so I'm not expecting much difference this time.

EDIT: the PS3 does seem to have more tearing though. Framerate is about the same, but a fair bit more tearing. I didn't see any of that though, maybe it's my tv.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1324311&postcount=471

Grid also had 4xAA on 360 whereas Ps3 did not so I'm expecting the same here.

I'm so happy they improved the framerate over Dirt 1 since that was the main reason why I didn't get the first game. I'm gonna be getting this game, it's really the only off-road racing game for X360 that looks good and plays well too. The X360 version I played didn't have tearing or framerate issues like Dirt 1 did. In cockpit view is nice too. The cars are a littly floaty but this is an off-road racing game not F-1.

Grid also had 4xAA on 360 whereas Ps3 did not so I'm expecting the same here.

There is defo AA on the PS3 version, that was the 1st thing i noticed, looks very sharp. And im with Arwin on the tearing issue, ive had a few go`s and im not noticing any tears.

The most surprising thing about DiRT 2 is its cinematography. Replays in the sequel look like trailers from the original title.

But the biggest disappointment is its difficulty. The easiest skill settings are not the shoe-ins they used to be. :(

Have there been any examples of the Dx11 tech being used yet in video form? I mean stuff that clearly shows the difference. Kinda like how nvidia does the physx vids.

All i've seen was a trailer where "DX11!" showed up in text form for about 2 secs with the trailer in the background.

Have there been any examples of the Dx11 tech being used yet in video form? I mean stuff that clearly shows the difference. Kinda like how nvidia does the physx vids.

All i've seen was a trailer where "DX11!" showed up in text form for about 2 secs with the trailer in the background.
That trailer was horrible. What I was most interested in seeing was tesselation, but they only had quick cuts where you couldn't make out much detail. When I could pause at the right moment to see a car, the model had clearly defined edges, and nothing approaching GT5 or Forza 3's levels of detail. I hope the actual game turns out better, though I'll get it even if it's not, because I really liked what was on display in the console demo.

Back