DirectStorage GPU Decompression, RTX IO, Smart Access Storage

The amd gdc presentation on DS was pretty interesting, although I know there was some questions about it on here.
Was interesting in regards to just what goes into making good use of DS, not as drop in as people probably think.

Seen that being said elsewhere but don't think the API was actually used by the game. I can't find the posts where some dug in a bit further on this.
hopefully it makes it by release, or after release. The game is full of memory leaks etc, but it would benefit massively from DS

It ships with the DirectStorage files but it doesn’t actually load them. This was confirmed by @Remij in the other thread and I also checked for it in the open beta this weekend.

It’s just part of the SDK.
Well, I doubt that it's a mistake. They are working on using it in the final version most likely.

I have just found out that having some 3rd party anti-virus software installed can keep DirectStorage from working properly. For example, I have MalwareByte installed and when I use Game Bar it shows "BypassIO not supported due to driver: MBAMFarlt". Other 3rd party anti-virus software have been reported to have similar problem.

I have just found out that having some 3rd party anti-virus software installed can keep DirectStorage from working properly. For example, I have MalwareByte installed and when I use Game Bar it shows "BypassIO not supported due to driver: MBAMFarlt". Other 3rd party anti-virus software have been reported to have similar problem.
I also get the same thing with my PrimoCache setup. BypassIO isn't strictly necessary for DirectStorage to work but is more of a complementary thing. It's the reason why DS still works on Win10 which itself doesn't support BypassIO.

There are still ways to work around this if you're willing to dig into the registry. It's basically just a matter of driver vendors whitelisting BypassIO for their filter drivers and you can do it yourself if you're confident that they will work correctly. I don't have the registry settings on hand but I tried it a few months ago and my system was reported as being ready for BypassIO.

I couldn't find any real performance improvements though. But we also don't really have much to work with in terms of demos.

Well, I doubt that it's a mistake. They are working on using it in the final version most likely.
I certainly hope so. I'm just saying that I wouldn't read too much into it yet. And, either way, the demo was definitely not loading those DLLs.

I know Microsoft has been working on making DX more extensible to make sure that certain core features are available even on older Windows versions. The Agility SDK aims to address that and it makes me wonder if those DLLs weren't there simply as a byproduct. We'll find out soon enough though.

Back