Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I've missed something, Ori is made by Moon Studios who are independent. Microsoft is the publisher.

Moon are working on an RPG, so it's only a matter of time before Microsoft buy them. :mrgreen:

Yes, however the Ori IP is owned by Microsoft. [ https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/29/ori-3-doubt-developer-signs-new-game-deal-without-microsoft-13055623/ , https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/26/ori-will-wisps-hands-preview-interview-12303630/ ]

As to that RPG title, it looks to be 2022 target, having the 2K indie label of Private Division signed a deal for it.

So they think there was no RT shadows. I think they are wrong and missed the specific artefacts.

AUw3WFu.jpg

I'm not sure what to make of this. I thought that maybe the high fidelity early gen games would manage 4K/60fps....but I guess not...

Resolution remains a resource heavy thing. Throw ray tracing and the desire for 60fps into the mix and we are down to 1440p and probably below that. Upscaling tech is here to save the day.
On the other hand, things like the 3080/3090 and AMD equal products will enable DLSS 8k60 RT. So its not too dark :p

Resolution remains a resource heavy thing. Throw ray tracing and the desire for 60fps into the mix and we are down to 1440p and probably below that. Upscaling tech is here to save the day.
On the other hand, things like the 3080/3090 and AMD equal products will enable DLSS 8k60 RT. So its not too dark :p

Tell that to the Series S owners.

1440p translates to what 720p if we scale down?

Tell that to the Series S owners.

1440p translates to what 720p if we scale down?

Its the reason we need advanced upscaling tech. The XSS is aimed at 1080p display owners i guess, or people that don't care so much for beyond 1080p gaming. I'm certainly not one of those as a pc gamer, but i can imagine that a rather large market still isn't up to higher resolutions just yet, in special those that don't want or cant spend more then 299 on a new console.

The game is not going to look bad by an means but it's giving us an initial indicator of how early AAA games might perform on the XSX/PS5.

What did res/fps did Bloodbourne run at on PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back