Diablo III - It's official

Trying out a monk on season 4, for the first time. He feels a little fragile, and the voice actor seems to be the same as Maraad from WoW: WoD (except the male Monk is not nearly as intense)... :LOL: Still, it's pretty fun, and the first character I'm leveling in adventure mode. I thought you couldn't do it unless you ran through the story once with each character, but it's just once, period, and then it's open to every character from there on out?

I even get the Kanai cube quest, and I was only like level 11 or something when I first started adventure mode (was questing in act 1 previously...) Haven't finished that one yet though, because I have no legendaries to drop into it anyway. ;)

Yeah you only need to do campaign once, and that carries through to all subsequent characters whether seasonal or otherwise.

Monks are a bit fragile in general. At higher difficulty levels their health usually fluctuates a lot between almost dead and maxed out. (To be fair this probably applies to all classes, I wouldn't know as I've never pushed any other class). It's a balancing act with your cooldowns to keep them alive. The first monk I linked I have the health potion as part of my rotation. Never had to do that before. The second monk is basically immortal but does no damage.

Last edited:
I haven't leveled any other class in adventure mode, but regular story mode have been pretty much cakewalk on "hard" difficulty. Story mode on hard wasn't hard with monk either, so I guess it's just a factor of more mobs at once and more random champion packs that makes the difference. Picked the healing ability, it helps a bit, but 15 secs cooldown is rough when you're fighting electrified mobs in particular it feels like. Arcane sentry isn't so bad at low levels.

Ran into a gob swarm on my first rift when I only had three skill buttons unlocked, grey gear in most slots I even had gear equipped in and a level five weapon... Imba, wow! Hehe. Of course, there just had to be a champ pack right in the same room too. Like four or five gobs portaled out while I got blocked in and held up by other mobs, but I did manage to kill two or maybe even three. They dropped fuckall though, like one (terrible) blue item, then nothing except gems and crafting shit. Gold too of course, but that goes without saying. Guess the ones that got away carried all the good lewt! :LOL:

Got a leg belt from the Butcher however, when I did a bounty run. That was nice.

Goldwrap is very good to have. Would be a good idea to hold on to it for the Kanai's cube later when you hit 70. There's a great farming build that uses it. You combo it with the boon of the hoarder legendary gem to make yourself invincible in rifts. Everything else goes into speed and DPS.

I guess some probabilities are now higher than in season 3. Like homerdog, I also encountered the secret goblin vault, just a few days after starting season 4. I think I only had that encounter twice over the whole season 3. I also had the "not secret cow level," which I encountered only once in season 3.

For those who wanted to try these secret levels but with no luck, now you can access them by using Kanai cube. Put a single cow weapon (I forgot the name, but its effect is "spawn murderous cows") in the cube and transmute and it'll open a portal to the "not secret cow level." Transmute a "Puzzle Ring" (which spawns a goblin) opens a portal to the goblin vault.

I played it. And I'm done with the whole game.... You will just keep on playing with it just to collect items to make your character look awesome and that's it.. Worth playing but you will definitely get over it. :cool:

When your build gets absolutely whacked by a seemingly insignificant line of text in the patch notes, it's hard to get involved again. Too much time spent to be forced to start over because someone decided to change the element on a FIREbats rune to something that isn't fire. Sad because I really wanted to get back into it.

When your build gets absolutely whacked by a seemingly insignificant line of text in the patch notes, it's hard to get involved again. Too much time spent to be forced to start over because someone decided to change the element on a FIREbats rune to something that isn't fire. Sad because I really wanted to get back into it.
How many times have you changed build on a character? It's part of Diablo, trying out new things.

How many times have you changed build on a character? It's part of Diablo, trying out new things.
I've done that a couple times before I settled on the build that I absolutely loved. I'm all for trying new things but being forced to reinvent my main character just isn't fun. Since I've been playing again it feels like a chore. Still hoping to get past that because I do love this game.

That's not fun at all to me. It's all about getting better.

Ima stop whining now. @Malo If anyone in the Americas wants to party up and help me sort this out tackle some bounties I'm totally game :mrgreen:

Posting this here because the console version seems to be mostly dead, but it seems that the active skill groupings are different with the PC and console versions.

I've been following some builds on youtube and attempting to mimic them, but have found that they don't mirror each other. Am I insane or is this correct?

I have no idea how Diablo 3 on consoles plays but AFAIK the console version does not have seasons and there are a lot of changes on set mechanism very season. If console versions do not follow these changes (or at least not as quickly), builds could be very different between consoles and PC.

Have you unlocked your skills allowing you to choose whatever you want instead of limited to 1 of each group?

Have you unlocked your skills allowing you to choose whatever you want instead of limited to 1 of each group?

How do you do that?
I'm at paragon lvl 400+, but I am limited to one skill per group. Is this different on PC? I haven't seen where I can unlock this, but will look a little later when I get back on.

I've been messing a little bit with DH and by a little I mean a lot. It's actually better than I thought once I started working with the Natalya set. I working Unhallowed Essence now which seems way better. I have a few items I still need to obtain to really make my DH OP. None of my items are probably maximized, but even then, I'm wrecking levels pretty easy at Torrent VII.

I assume the option is there on consoles. It's a gameplay option called Elective Mode.

Back