Diablo III - It's official

Elective mode is there on consoles, check the options.
There are no difference concerning builds with PC.
Only seasons are missing.
I'm still annoyed at Blizzard for the lack of console support though. It's a second class citizen where cheating is rampant

You all are right...found it thanks to Malo and the board's help. With the build I'm at, I don't need to use all the skills, but it is good to know it is available. Only item I'm really missing is a Calamity crossbow. Once I finally get that, I'll look to see if I can upgrade my set item stats.

Elective mode is there on consoles, check the options.
There are no difference concerning builds with PC.
Only seasons are missing.
I'm still annoyed at Blizzard for the lack of console support though. It's a second class citizen where cheating is rampant

On X1, I set my network settings to friends only. I rarely ever play multiplayer/co-op other than with Cyan.

I'm mostly a solo player anyway and have just reached Paragon lvl 430-ish. It's been a long grind, but I've earned it without cheating, so I'm fairly happy with it. New classes would be awesome if Blizzard is listening...also, up the stash inventory.

I don't play it anymore for a few reasons:
* I joined a public game with one paragon 10000 player, and jumped from paragon 200 to paragon 600 something. It was my mistake, should have disconnected sooner or ignore public games with strangers. I did have lots of nice public games on PC though, but console is also missing keyboard chat, public channels and communities. It's a big loss for the console version, even if controls are superior.
* Blizzard is constantly churning the skills & balance for no good reason imho. They destroyed the jade build instead of giving more options
Bring on the next extension with new content !

So WTF....I'm in the middle of a Rift run on X1 and then the system goes to a black screen.

I was thinking that my system crashed, but then it goes to a screen that says that Diablo 3 ROS needs an update. The size is bigger than a GB.....it is downloading right now so I don't know what the update is, but it was a weird way for the game to handle an update.

Edit: Apparently a hotfix, but why so large?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18695103092#3

Anyone still playing?

I'm working on a monk build now. Started off really slow, but I think I'm hitting my groove now.

Yeah, just beat GR63 solo today with a Uliana's Broken Promises monk. ^_^

Still trying to get decent Focus and Restraint rings for the Convention of Elements version of the build I'm playing. Once I get those I should hopefully crack the leaderboards.

The new static charge group build looks really fun. Going to see what bits I've got and what I need tomorrow. Currently I run a healer monk in groups. Will be a nice alternative to do some damage sometimes, although I do like the healer playstyle.

Yeah, just beat GR63 solo today with a Uliana's Broken Promises monk. ^_^

Still trying to get decent Focus and Restraint rings for the Convention of Elements version of the build I'm playing. Once I get those I should hopefully crack the leaderboards.

The new static charge group build looks really fun. Going to see what bits I've got and what I need tomorrow. Currently I run a healer monk in groups. Will be a nice alternative to do some damage sometimes, although I do like the healer playstyle.

Would you mind posting your build?
I'm working on a Uliana build also and still need the boots and other stuff. Farming right now using the Gold wrap and Boon of the hoarder.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tabs-1161/hero/64979013

BP is a lot easier to gear for than CoE, but CoE is stronger, so you might want to keep crit chance gear to one side ready to switch up.

Thanks for that. That link is really good and I like that you hover the items to get a better description. It's almost the exact same build I'm pursuing sans the active/passive skills. I'm also using the Toxin Legendary gem for now, but plan to eventually switch to your same set-up as I get more of the items you have.

Early on, it was pretty tough until I started getting some gear. I was about to move to the Barbarian because it was a little frustrating. Right now, my monk is OK, but not good enough for GR 30.

I jump around quite a bit. My Wizard and Demon Hunter are able to rock mid-50 GR solo. I'm going to go back and experiment with them eventually, but needed a change.

It looks like my skills and passives have been updated to a different build I was testing in the last 24 hours, however the equipment has not.

It should read as follows:

LMB: Assimilation
RMB: Cold EP
1. Mantra of Salvation - Agility
2. Seven Sided Strike - 50% cooldown rune
3. Dashing Strike - dodge rune
4. Epiphany - Desert Shroud

Passives
* Beacon of Ytar
* Mythic Rhythm
* Guardians Path
* Near Death Experience
* (Harmony on amulet)

That's the setup I used for the 63 clear, albeit with spirit guards in the cube instead of the Madstone.

Do you have the Lion's Claw and Fist of Az? Feel free to link to your build if you'd like a gear check.

If you're not sure how to get to your armory page, use this format and navigate from there: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/$$$$-$$$$/career

Where $$$$-$$$$ is your battlenet ID. e.g. tabs-1161

Last edited:
It looks like my skills and passives have been updated to a different build I was testing in the last 24 hours, however the equipment has not.

It should read as follows:

LMB: Assimilation
RMB: Cold EP
1. Mantra of Salvation - Agility
2. Seven Sided Strike - 50% cooldown rune
3. Dashing Strike - dodge rune
4. Epiphany - Desert Shroud

Passives
* Beacon of Ytar
* Mythic Rhythm
* Guardians Path
* Near Death Experience
* (Harmony on amulet)

That's the setup I used for the 63 clear, albeit with spirit guards in the cube instead of the Madstone.

Do you have the Lion's Claw and Fist of Az? Feel free to link to your build if you'd like a gear check.

If you're not sure how to get to your armory page, use this format and navigate from there: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/$$$$-$$$$/career

Where $$$$-$$$$ is your battlenet ID. e.g. tabs-1161

I don't have either of the weapons above yet. For whatever reason, I can't access my armory page. My account is linked to my Xbox Live account and I do have a Battlenet ID, but I get a 404 error.

I'll post what I currently have when I get on my X1 later.

Edit: The game doesn't even show as one of my game accounts even though it is linked. I even got a bonus item in my stash when I linked it a long time ago.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I forgot you were on Xbox. I think the armory stuff is probably PC only.

As those weapons each double your damage output, so it's no wonder you're a bit stuck at the moment. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a Lion's Claw but the Fist of Az is quite rare. I've had just two drop in ~130 hours of playtime. I was very lucky that my first one was ancient with a 100% damage multiplier. It's probably a good idea to use the kanai's cube to upgrade rare fist weapons.

I'm sorry, I forgot you were on Xbox. I think the armory stuff is probably PC only.

As those weapons each double your damage output, so it's no wonder you're a bit stuck at the moment. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a Lion's Claw but the Fist of Az is quite rare. I've had just two drop in ~130 hours of playtime. I was very lucky that my first one was ancient with a 100% damage multiplier. It's probably a good idea to use the kanai's cube to upgrade rare fist weapons.

Having fun with it regardless. I think I have most of the items your using. I know for sure I'm missing the Uliana boot, madstone and both fist weapons. For now, I'm using a Shard of hate for the elemental properties and a Logan's claw.

I grind it out a few hours a day so I'll get there eventually. I think I'd like to try the Barbarian next, but judging from youtube vids---looks like no love for Crusader. Witch Doctor was fun too, so maybe that after Barbarian.

Edit: Also thanks for posting your build. I'll definitely refer to it as I experiment.

I stopped playing a few weeks back once I got my monk goal items. I plan on going back in and experimenting with the Barbarian, but this patch may accelerate that.

Also, agree with Grall that extra inventory would be most welcome. I was watching Quinn's youtube vid talking about lore set items. Sounds like a good way to keep me playing as I like goal oriented objectives.

Back