Diablo 4 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5, XGP]

my biggest problem with the game is the power of the loot when you are 60 is basically the same as when you are 100
its a range from item power 690 to 820? also some of the needed aspects that only are on drops are too rare (my buddy only got the serration aspect for his necro a few days ago and he has played every day since launch) and that if you get a good item but it has 2 bad stats, you can only re-roll 1 of them and if you do it x times it starts getting insanely expensive (2.5m per roll starts to hurt)

This is my biggest problem with the game right now. There really should be an extra item tier at around 810. Right now it makes leveling to 100 not very appealing.
Especially for amulets and rings where item power only affects resistance values which is not very valuable for now.
I do understand the limit on rerolling stats though, as they obviously prefer you to get new items instead of rerolling existing items repeatedly to get the perfect item.

my biggest problem with the game is the power of the loot when you are 60 is basically the same as when you are 100
its a range from item power 690 to 820? also some of the needed aspects that only are on drops are too rare (my buddy only got the serration aspect for his necro a few days ago and he has played every day since launch) and that if you get a good item but it has 2 bad stats, you can only re-roll 1 of them and if you do it x times it starts getting insanely expensive (2.5m per roll starts to hurt)
The alternative is being able to obtain ideal item stats much faster which would greatly shorten the per character gameplay loop and overall reduce the engagement to the game. Diablo has always been about the loot randomization and trying to get closer to what you consider to be the ideal item for that slot to optimize your build.

The alternative is being able to obtain ideal item stats much faster which would greatly shorten the per character gameplay loop and overall reduce the engagement to the game. Diablo has always been about the loot randomization and trying to get closer to what you consider to be the ideal item for that slot to optimize your build.
yeah sure but when you run 20 nightmare dungeons in a row and you either dont get an upgrade or you have a new item but you dont have the good roll aspect to put on it so you cant use it yet

yeah sure but when you run 20 nightmare dungeons in a row and you either dont get an upgrade or you have a new item but you dont have the good roll aspect to put on it so you cant use it yet
Yeah. Welcome to Diablo. At least you're getting xp and glyph xp.

Another problem is the lack of variety in nightmare dungeons. I still have quite some dungeons not done in the game (I only got ~70% of all aspects), and I run nightmare dungeons almost exclusively. The problems, only a few dungons are in the list of possible nightmare dungeons, and this I don't understand why. From what I've seen it looks like there are only at most twenty possible nightmare dungeons? Why can't they make all dungeons available in nightmare mode?

The problems, only a few dungons are in the list of possible nightmare dungeons, and this I don't understand why. From what I've seen it looks like there are only at most twenty possible nightmare dungeons? Why can't they make all dungeons available in nightmare mode?
Do you run sigils solely from ones that drop during the dungeons? Or do you create your own?

Do you run sigils solely from ones that drop during the dungeons? Or do you create your own?

If I play solo I run with sigils from drops, but if I played with my friends they have their own sigils or I have to create (to match their levels). Either way I don't really see new dungeons.

[EDIT] According to https://www.icy-veins.com/d4/guides/nightmare-dungeon-tier-list-in-diablo-4/ apparently there are 30 nightmare dungeons in total. There are more than 100 normal dungeons in comparison.

Last edited:
yeah you only get a certain group of dungeons to run as nightmare

If I play solo I run with sigils from drops, but if I played with my friends they have their own sigils or I have to create (to match their levels). Either way I don't really see new dungeons.
Yeah I've found that mostly the same dungeons drop from dungeons that I'm running, but if I create new ones more then I sometimes get different ones I haven't run yet. I'm definitely still getting new sigils in dungeons I've never been in occasionally.

I did some quick searching and apparently the pool of nightmare dungeons changes each season, though I can't find any confirmed source on that.

me and my buddy will do some season 1 stuff but im not sure if i want to keep playing after that, lets see. im hearing nerfs are coming for season 1

I played Diablo 3 off and on over it's entire lifetime and I imagine it will be similar for D4. Currently I've played a Druid and will play 1 new class in Season 1, so I'm probably good for the next 4 seasons I guess lol

in high nightmare dungeon tiers this is very much true
charging beasts from off screen can one-shot you
the infamous corpse bow can one-shot you
the humanoid snakes that rear backwards to strike can one-shot you

also the fire enchanted elites are extra BS and when thats combined with electrified obelisks and poison enchanted and cold enchanted and then a suppressor guy joins the party, it gets very very very deadly

I believe he's referring to the highest difficulty you can start with from the beginning, which is WT2. I have no idea why you need to grind your way to difficult content instead of having an option for the first play through of the story to be difficult.

I believe he's referring to the highest difficulty you can start with from the beginning, which is WT2. I have no idea why you need to grind your way to difficult content instead of having an option for the first play through of the story to be difficult.
well i was 48 when i finished the campaign in WT1 and then i got to 50, did the capstone dungeon and was in WT3
and i basically only did the campaign, no renown grind before i got to WT3/4

well i was 48 when i finished the campaign in WT1 and then i got to 50, did the capstone dungeon and was in WT3
and i basically only did the campaign, no renown grind before i got to WT3/4

You grinded to level 48 to get to WT3. That's the point. WT1/WT2 are too easy from the start. There should be higher difficulty option starting at level 1.

You grinded to level 48 to get to WT3. That's the point. WT1/WT2 are too easy from the start. There should be higher difficulty option starting at level 1.
no i did only the campaign, i dont think thats the same as grinding

no i did only the campaign, i dont think thats the same as grinding

It's a grind if you're bored. I played on WT2. I'd say the first third was good because I was figuring things out, enjoying the atmosphere etc, but the game just kept getting easier and easier. The middle third was easy and the last third was boring, which made most of the campaign a grind. Maybe it didn't feel like a grind for you, but for the people that wanted more of a challenge it did. There's no reason to keep difficulties locked except to extend the game out to seem like there's "more content."

It's a grind if you're bored. I played on WT2. I'd say the first third was good because I was figuring things out, enjoying the atmosphere etc, but the game just kept getting easier and easier. The middle third was easy and the last third was boring, which made most of the campaign a grind. Maybe it didn't feel like a grind for you, but for the people that wanted more of a challenge it did. There's no reason to keep difficulties locked except to extend the game out to seem like there's "more content."
sure whatever, maybe its dumb game design but thats the way they designed it and thats how it is per now. there is a challenge mode, its called hardcore

anyway you only have to do the campaign once per account afaik so if its boring you can just skip it, if the whole game is boring and a grind to you why play it?
as i said, for me, i may stop during or after season 1 but id like to see what they do with the first few patches at least. if they dont do anything to address the issues i have, i will just stop playing

The campaign is not meant to be challenging, that's not the point of the campaign, nor Diablo as a whole. The campaign is like 5% of your eventual total playing time overall.

The campaign is not meant to be challenging, that's not the point of the campaign, nor Diablo as a whole. The campaign is like 5% of your eventual total playing time overall.
exactly. That being said, the campaign in Diablo 2 has some difficulty spikes even on normal but it's not that difficult... The issue in Diablo 4 is that the overall difficulty level depending on your skill level and other factors, might feel low whether you play the campaign or not.

They have a lot of time ahead to find a very balanced ground and make this game awesome. I can assure you a new Diablo game won't be published in the next 11-12 years xD

Back