Diablo 4 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5, XGP]

installing the pc gamepass version as of now. You must install the Battlenet client app, which I didnt like, but I liked that since I use the same email account on battlenet and the ms account for Windows, I didn't have to do anything, not having to type a password was a relief.

I installed the version without the enhanced graphics, since those are more for 4K displays and Ultra setting and I am using a 1440p 165Hz monitor, so I am more interested in framerate. Saved some space too. With 4K enhanced assets the game needs like 97GB to install, but if you disable that option, it weight 49GB, a big difference.

Btw, we don't need to hear about how the PS5 Pro is going to run games better in every thread. It's kind of obvious. Btw, I hear the 5000 series NVidia cards coming are going to run games better too. So is the next Xbox. Crazy how that works.

Don't forget the new nintendo . I am sure it will do a great job at 720p with DLSS 3 with ray tracing on the games. But I think this shows the flaws of rdna2 in consoles and its my hope MS makes a new console and and not a pro type upgrade

Let's not get too off topic here. I'm sure there are existing threads sufficient for that discussion.

RT at maximum settings tested at 1440p and Intel XeSS set to Balanced. The framerate in outside areas isn't that great but it's ok fluctuating between 40 to 57fps with the occasional hitch into the 30s. However, getting into interiors brings the framerate down to 32 to 40fps. I've set AO to the maximum and this might affect performance. It's nice to have RT if you got a RTX ranging from 4070 to 4090 but other than that it might not be worth it until GPUs get powerful enough to have great RT quality at great framerates in games like this where RT isn't a factor but fluidity.

So S4 is much improved overall - still, one thing I am not 100% happy with is the process of trying out different builds in mid/endgame: it takes me more than 30min to completely change up a character, from skill points to paragon to aspects, gear etc. That is super tedious and kills for me a bit the fun to try out new stuff. I am too lazy to have 10 alt chars.

Currently, I have all classes brought to the PIT with the following builds:

Necro: minion build, easy no problem. but a bit boring I have to say, that nothing else is exciting in this class.
Sorc: incinerate build. Quite fun to play, most fun overall I would say. I want to try out a new build, but am too lazy atm to go through all the changes. The overall build is a bit squishy for me and I would like to try something else, frozen orbs.
Druid: the only build that felt competitive to me is the druid wind shear build. A pity, as the basic skill builds are a bit lame to play.
Rogue: the leveling was ok-ish, I played some barage and stuff. But currently, in the early endgame I can only play Heatseeker - again a basic skill attack. Boring to play for me, but all other builds either need a unique that I dont have right now, or feel clunky to play.
Barb: barb is with Sorc the most fun. I played a twister build through levling up to early endgame. Now changed to a razorplate (I got it randomly) + bash build - it is way way stronger than all the other builds and I can just run through the dungeon and clap everyone - hilareous!!

I wish that all of the core skills would lead to competitive builds that could be used. I further wish there where more of these. Atm it feels really limited in what you can do. The whole paragon board stuff does not really change up your character in my experience, but only strengthen the one you have. So you are playing the same build for a very very long time.

But overall, leveling times are much shorter now. Nice. I do wonder why they even have a world tier 3 though: I stay there maybe for 1h max, then move on to WT4...doesn't make sense atm to me to have WT3. It also just feels the same as the start of WT4, so I do not really see the point of it to be honest.

Overall, I have to say, D4 is much improved in S4.

I understand that they don't want to make switching builds too easily to prevent people from optimizing different builds for different purposes. However, I do hope they at least provide a "save build" function so I can easily go back to my old build, just for testing purposes. It's ok if it saves only one build.

It also seems to be more laggy than before. It used to be something like 20 ~ 30 ms network latency (which means it's connecting to a local server) but now it's more common to see something in the range of 80 ms (which probably means it's connecting to a Japanese or Korean server).

Back