Diablo 4 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5, XGP]

It's hard to see myself playing this more after I finish the campaign. Playing this is just making me want to play PoE. :p

While the simplistic nature of D4 certainly makes it really approachable and easy to pick up and master, it just leaves me wanting something with more meat to it.

NOTE - I'm not saying it's bad, it's a well executed game, it's just overly simple, IMO. There's lots of better ARPGs on the market, IMO. Keep in mind, that I can understand if others feel this is the best ARPG for them...

Regards,
SB
maybe after the campaign you will get some challenge. For me it's been challenging most of the time, although I play much better now. As for PoE, the huge -and deserved, imho- success of Diablo 4 is going to help PoE 2 a lot! I kinda like Diablo more, but tbh, I wish they did like PoE developers, who added the Witch, which I loved! Pun intended.

Aside from PoE, I have the Torchlight games, but never liked Torchlight though.

@orangpelupa the Diablo police is watching.

@Cyan I found a Magic Find in D4 :)

View attachment 9127
never seen one of those. Nice to know that Magic Find is still present in the game, even if it's residual. Tbh, I wouldn't want Diablo 2 style Magic Find back, but MF with a different approach. In Diablo 2, a Magic Find character didn't survive much. I had a druid which mixed survival and magic find, but while balanced, it fell short and completing parts of the map was a chore.

Also you ended up having lots of mules carrying items you rarely used. Still..after completing the story, MF was Diablo 2 end game, and what an end game it was! :) They improved the end game a lot in Diablo 3, imho.

Thanks to Magic Find I was a math junkie at diabloii.net and the webs of the time though.

Are there Set items? I haven't seen any. And I like Sets.

I don't get it why your item benefits monsters. Maybe a reminder of what magic find truly meant? -weak characters to get the best items-

Are there Set items? I haven't seen any. And I like Sets.
There are no set items currently. I don't know if Blizzard plan to reintroduce them. I kind of hope not.

I don't get it why your item benefits monsters. Maybe a reminder of what magic find truly meant? -weak characters to get the best items-
It's a Nightmare dungeon sigil. Once you've completed D4 campaign it opens up the actual game which like previous games is about farming higher and higher level content for equipment. In D4 part of this is Nightmare dungeons where you convert the D4 dungeons to Nightmare versions which are more difficult and spawn higher level equipment. Part of that are the effects these sigils have on the dungeon, which is a benefit to you plus other aspects which affects the monsters and the dungeon as a whole with various effects that can really mess things up for you. It can significantly effect the difficulty of the dungeon depending on the class, skills etc.

I just completed the WT3 capstone dungeon at level 67 on my Druid so I'm opening up higher level Nightmare dungeons and Ancestral gear. I've been using more or less the same build for the last 40+ levels which is a stormcaster druid, which with paragon is focused on staying in Human form and taking advantage of Vulnerable and Crowd Controlled status for massage damage. We'll see what I need to change to help with survival on higher content.

my Diablo sunday has gone to hell. :devilish: I was happy and almost touching myself wanting to play, but servers are down. So... I also tried to launch Diablo 3, to no avail. And finally I launched Diablo 2 Resurrected and offline mode was available.

Sticking to the campaign first no matter what; dungeons and secondary missions later, waiting for higher difficulty levels to complete those.

@Malo I like Set items, but they are too rigid. If they created a Set that was incredible for each character but could be imprinted with the bonuses of great legendary items, that might work better.

I just completed the WT3 capstone dungeon at level 67 on my Druid so I'm opening up higher level Nightmare dungeons and Ancestral gear. I've been using more or less the same build for the last 40+ levels which is a stormcaster druid, which with paragon is focused on staying in Human form and taking advantage of Vulnerable and Crowd Controlled status for massage damage. We'll see what I need to change to help with survival on higher content.

My friend is using nature's fury with cooldown reduction aspect to make earthen bulwark almost always available, which should be good for survivalbility.

Same level as you and I’m regularly getting one shotted in WT4.

It’s certainly not been easy for sorc here. Not enough dps and not enough survivabilty. Not sure if I should switch to staff or keep my current setup. But it’s just not enough.

Any idea what this prompt means in fates retreat teleport?

Pressed arrow up and it just open the emoji wheel

Any idea what this prompt means in fates retreat teleport?

Pressed arrow up and it just open the emoji wheel
?

You can customize the wheel to perform different actions there

?

You can customize the wheel to perform different actions there
I didn't question the wheel. I question the "up" icon that appear only in that teleport place.

Before the hotfix for the infinite enemy spawn, the "up" icon was showing to the north of the teleport circle.

But after the hotfix, it was moved to the west.

You can see the icon on my video, around the middle left of the screen.

Here I marked it
Screenshot_2023-06-25-20-08-26-016_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Hopefully this will help make things clearer

One thing that I loved from D2 that I really wish they'd reintroduce is runes and rune words. Although with the currently limited number of sockets you can have in an item, I guess it wouldn't work too well as the most interesting rune words needed 3-4 sockets.

Regards,
SB

One thing that I loved from D2 that I really wish they'd reintroduce is runes and rune words. Although with the currently limited number of sockets you can have in an item, I guess it wouldn't work too well as the most interesting rune words needed 3-4 sockets.

Regards,
SB
runewords were a very interesting addition, post 1.10 patch. Some of them were awesome, it was like building a little puzzle. Always had the most simple ones with EL and stuff. Then it was the superb difficult ones to find like Mal or Do, iirc. I had a staff for my werewolf druid that used a runeword and was really good to advance on Nightmare difficulty level, but I can't recall which runeword it was.

Diablo 4 is back online. I am fully focused on the campaign now -no side quests, no events, no nothing-. This is a firm candidate to the GOTY award. When you play a game for a lot of time, there must be something to it.

Same level as you and I’m regularly getting one shotted in WT4.

It’s certainly not been easy for sorc here. Not enough dps and not enough survivabilty. Not sure if I should switch to staff or keep my current setup. But it’s just not enough.
do you have any damage reduction gear? Or any gear that creates a bubble or so?

I am dying less now. Still dying but my 3 life savers are:

This armour that grants 20% damage reduction.

02wU3DX.png

This necklace that creates a protecting bubble from time to time:

0o7wmQV.png

And of course Flame Shiled enchantment bonus.

I don't use any other defensive skill other than Flame Shield.

Thing is that some bonuses from the skill tree and a legendary focus I have, require you to remain still to take advantage of mana recovery and improved damage. So I don't use Teleport, and sometimes when the bubble enables, it's just enough. Also active Firewalls recharge your mana faster.

Just make sure to divorce the idea of "this armor has this ability" in D4 since they're all essentially aspects that can be shifted around, even optimized. Apart from Uniques of course.

do you have any damage reduction gear? Or any gear that creates a bubble or so?

I am dying less now. Still dying but my 3 life savers are:

This armour that grants 20% damage reduction.

02wU3DX.png

This necklace that creates a protecting bubble from time to time:

0o7wmQV.png

And of course Flame Shiled enchantment bonus.

I don't use any other defensive skill other than Flame Shield.

Thing is that some bonuses from the skill tree and a legendary focus I have, require you to remain still to take advantage of mana recovery and improved damage. So I don't use Teleport, and sometimes when the bubble enables, it's just enough. Also active Firewalls recharge your mana faster.
You’re dead before the bubble takes affect. You need high health and high damage reduction to take some hits.

Not really much you can do. The sorc needs to stay back? Unfortunately, the game is built around vulnerability and crowd control making frost nova nearly required in 100% of all builds.

You’re dead before the bubble takes affect. You need high health and high damage reduction to take some hits.

Not really much you can do. The sorc needs to stay back? Unfortunately, the game is built around vulnerability and crowd control making frost nova nearly required in 100% of all builds.
Cycle those defensive cds.

Act 2 completed. The story is fine, the cinematics of Diablo 2 are still superior -not the story itself-.

That being said, Diablo touches simple things and simple lives, as you can see in the world of Sanctuary. You see people with cows, goats, dogs, wolves, and so on and so forth. What I could change is the immature, imho, way of presenting things. I am kinda tired of saving worlds. Can quite understand those battling for "superior" causes, like those of heaven and hell, but it could be presented in a simpler manner. Maybe that's just me, but when videogames start understanding that being so essential is not essential, that would be a good thing.

Back