Diablo 4 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5, XGP]

That being said, one of them knows I have a fire sorceress and told me that ice sorceress are the most powerful, way too powerful in fact, more concretely the ice shards sorceress, which Blizzard admitted themselves and are going to nerf them.

Not that I care 'cos mine is going to be fire based all the time.

Oh don't worry! They will nerf fire next. Assuming all ice sorcerer move to fire.

At least if this is bungie. Dunno how blizzard handle nerfs.

Oh don't worry! They will nerf fire next. Assuming all ice sorcerer move to fire.

At least if this is bungie. Dunno how blizzard handle nerfs.
fire sorceress is not op at all though. I am dying quite a few times.

edit: Maybe I am not that good. A guy told me that the Rogue is one of the strongest characters in the game, in both variants: ranged and close combat. While in my experience it has been a totally different story though at level 40 I am getting the hang of it, I still die.

Last edited:

edit: Maybe I am not that good. A guy told me that the Rogue is one of the strongest characters in the game, in both variants: ranged and close combat. While in my experience it has been a totally different story though at level 40 I am getting the hang of it, I still die.

You will find people that will find each class the strongest in the game. Right now it mostly comes down to how well a class fits your playstyle. Eventually, there will be leaderboards (maybe) like D3 and you'll be able to see how each class and build does, whenever Blizzard actually decides to make the game difficult.

Regards,
SB

Sorc is no where near the top. We can dps hard, but only if we stagger or CC.

I don’t expect to see sorc get nerfed, people will just leave the class.

Fire is the least used spec on sorc. Ice and lightning much more with the exception of a few talents.

Sorc is usually 4/6 skills defensive. And 2/6 offensive skills. Our dps output is heavily controlled by our cooldown times and proc chance at high levels.

Sorc is no where near the top. We can dps hard, but only if we stagger or CC.

I don’t expect to see sorc get nerfed, people will just leave the class.

Fire is the least used spec on sorc. Ice and lightning much more with the exception of a few talents.

Sorc is usually 4/6 skills defensive. And 2/6 offensive skills. Our dps output is heavily controlled by our cooldown times and proc chance at high levels.
do you play the sorc with a controller or with a mouse? 'Cos with a controller the fire sorc, while not useless, isn't near as useful as with a mouse, where you can control exactly where to place Firewall, and a Meteor. Firewall is incredibly powerful if well used. Meteor is more difficult for me, but I'll eventually get used to it.

I got rid of my core skills. Right now I am just using Flame Shield, Hydra, Fire Bolt -Basic skill- and Firewall (in the secondary mouse button, where the Core skill should be)

the fire sorceress can kick some serious ass. With Firewall at early levels, Meteor, Flame Shield, and Hydra... enemies are having a heck of a time feeling the heat.

Btw, I love Enchantments. Whenever your sorc personal mission is avaliable, use them. The Enchantment from Flame Shield is like having an extra opportunity to live, for free, and its cooldown is 110s. It's worth using it.

Blizzard Summer Sale. I bought the Diablo Prime Evil Collection. 19,99€!

I think it's a great price because it includes Diablo 2 Resurrected (alone costs € 13 with a 67% discount), which I didn't have, and Diablo 3 with the expansions. I got Diablo 3 day one on PC but I had never purchased the expansions 'til now.

Last edited:
btw this just comes to mind:

weapons, what are they even used for? As i already lost my ability to use any weapons. Yes my hands holds them, but they cant be used at all. what is their ATK stat even useful for?

btw this just comes to mind:

weapons, what are they even used for? As i already lost my ability to use any weapons. Yes my hands holds them, but they cant be used at all. what is their ATK stat even useful for?
You don't "use" weapons in what you're thinking as a traditional method, ie. swinging your weapon. At least not since level 1 only when you first created your character and had no skill points to invest. Your skills are your attacks. Weapons are there to provide stats, just like every other piece of equipment. They also define the base damage of skills, for those skills that use the base weapon damage then scale on that. If you turn on advanced information you can see that type of data.

You don't "use" weapons in what you're thinking as a traditional method, ie. swinging your weapon. At least not since level 1 only when you first created your character and had no skill points to invest. Your skills are your attacks. Weapons are there to provide stats, just like every other piece of equipment. They also define the base damage of skills, for those skills that use the base weapon damage then scale on that. If you turn on advanced information you can see that type of data.
Thanks! So their visual existence are just ornamental, like head gear, an armor. It's their stats that contributes.

Huh, that's basically how a bunch of isekai manga works.

Thanks! So their visual existence are just ornamental, like head gear, an armor. It's their stats that contributes.

Huh, that's basically how a bunch of isekai manga works.
What constitutes "using" a weapon? In D4 you use a skill which generates an animation with that weapon striking at a foe, which is basically how any video game works when you press a button to initiate an attack for your character to swing a "weapon".

the fire sorc is being one of the best and most fun characters I've had in a Diablo game. She dies sometimes, but the Fire Shield enchantment and how much she can cover with the Hydra and the Firewall, makes up for that. I cleared Nostrava in the 1st try -it took me like 50 tries the first time-. There is a Stronghold that is still too strong for me, but Nostrava is not.

Btw, first legendary -a very meh one- with the sorc, which I got from a goblin. Some minutes after that I got two legendary wands from the curiosities vendor.

Diablo IV playing on both my old 2013 1080p TV and my 1440p monitor thanks to its wonderful windowed mode -very very few games like this one-.

FzRGRD9.jpg

XUDWD3l.jpg

Runs like a charm, in some kind of super wide screen, XeSS Ultra Quality. I had to decrease my monitor's resolution to 1080p too, but it was worth it, and at the distance I play, with XeSS, it isn't that noticeable. (sry the poor quality pics from my phone at night)

Runs like a charm, in some kind of super wide screen, XeSS Ultra Quality. I had to decrease my monitor's resolution to 1080p too, but it was worth it, and at the distance I play, with XeSS, it isn't that noticeable. (sry the poor quality pics from my phone at night)
Why change your monitors resolution? Should never be done as then you're using the monitors upscaler on top of XeSS.

Why change your monitors resolution? Should never be done as then you're using the monitors upscaler on top of XeSS.
at 1440p on the monitor and 1080p on the TV, the left display (TV) doesn't show the life orb and other details. When I set the monitor to 1080p then both sides of the image, left and right display, appear perfectly aligned, as you can see in the pics. Might experiment a little more with that but I don't think there is a solution to that. Additionally, both displays must be upscaled in the same percentage -meaning Windows upscaling, I set it to 100%, but at certain distances I increase it-

What constitutes "using" a weapon? In D4 you use a skill which generates an animation with that weapon striking at a foe, which is basically how any video game works when you press a button to initiate an attack for your character to swing a "weapon".

My necromancer can't swing the scythe. The scythe attack animation is as if the it was a magical staff

My necromancer can't swing the scythe. The scythe attack animation is as if the it was a magical staff
It's called casting a "spell", aka their skills. Most of the necromancer abilities are spell-like effects, not "melee attacks". The only attack, aka skill, that looks like swinging a scythe is Reap, which is literally doing that. So if you want to swing the scythe at monsters, use that specific basic skill.

You can make a 21:9 custom resolution, set your desktop to that resolution and you’ll have a wider fov in game. The vertical view will match and you’ll see more to the left and right.

You can make a 21:9 custom resolution, set your desktop to that resolution and you’ll have a wider fov in game. The vertical view will match and you’ll see more to the left and right.
have you tried? My TV has an option for that,but my monitor and TV don't. CRU might come in handy. Both the TV and monitor are 32" displays, the main issue is setting the resolution to 1080p so the screen looks proportional when stretching the window to both displays. Also the TV doesn't feature HDR so I disable it, which is fine.

Also I alibrated the TV so it looks similar to the monitor.

decided that I might complete the game with the fire sorc given how fun it is -at least for me-. Right now I am just doing something I didn't until now, which is discovering every single area while gaining experience to clear the entire map.

The open world has a huge advantage, and it is that the map is recognizable -no more randomness anymore- for everybody, while the dungeons and stuff is truly random. Nice touch.

The disadvantage I find though, is that the typical "acts" of Diablo kinda disappear since the campaign missions are integrated in the map and aren't part of an act. This also changes how monsters scale up.

Still, getting rid of the randomness is, imho, a good thing, at least for the main map, so people know where everything is.

p.s. took part in an event with other people. Most hectic thing I did in a while, it was crazy. No wonder why they limited the resolution on consoles, too many things happening on screen.

Back