Diablo 4 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5, XGP]

Perhaps it’s not iconic but I always find Diablo music to be very “Diablo”. In every Diablo game with calm acoustic guitars. 4th is excellent when it comes to sound, I am truly blown away how good music and sounds effects are.

Yah the whole sound design is good though it’s a rare game where I think the music is more important than the sound effects.

I'm getting super fustrated with all the drops. I play a bone spear / golem necro and all my drops are bone spirit. It's like the world is telling me something... however I wanted to play a necro for minions and well you cant do that as a bone spirit user

Perhaps it’s not iconic but I always find Diablo music to be very “Diablo”. In every Diablo game with calm acoustic guitars. 4th is excellent when it comes to sound, I am truly blown away how good music and sounds effects are.

They indeed are.

But I can't find any of the ones that stuck in my head. Halo end destiny got music that stuck in my head.

I also hasn't found a music in D4 interwoven with gameplay and level design that provide a special kind of immersion like destiny 2 deep stone lullaby jumping puzzle section in one of the raid activity.

I'm getting super fustrated with all the drops. I play a bone spear / golem necro and all my drops are bone spirit. It's like the world is telling me something... however I wanted to play a necro for minions and well you cant do that as a bone spirit user

What is bone spirit?

Btw try creating a new character. Maybe they did RNG like destiny, where the random loot is based on a lot of things but also based on a unique identifier number (seed?) that was generated when creating a character.

So if you got a seed that predisposed to randomly give you X much more often, create a new character that maybe give Y more often

What is bone spirit?

Btw try creating a new character. Maybe they did RNG like destiny, where the random loot is based on a lot of things but also based on a unique identifier number (seed?) that was generated when creating a character.

So if you got a seed that predisposed to randomly give you X much more often, create a new character that maybe give Y more often
I'm not to sure how they did the RNG

Bone spirit is a powerful Necro ability that uses 100% of your essence to send a bone spirit at an opponents . It does a huge amount of damage esp with item buffs and can one shot nightmare elites.

1687147241476.png
1687147266529.png

1687147293207.png

beaten the prologue with the necro, only the sorceress is left to complete the prologue. All the colleagues I know are loving the game, and some completed it. So far so good.

That being said, like some people commented here, the difficulty level doesn't seem to be high -Diablo 3 was tougher, D2 too- for them. If you want a bit of a challenge maybe going for the main campaign without playing any secondaries -so you don't level up as much- might be the way to go even at Tier 2 so bosses don't become mere sponges.

My Rogue has been a challenge though, but with some tips from Malo and stuff I keep going.

I'm unevenly playing a necro, sorc, ranged rogue and druid. All are around level 20 but I'm really enjoying the necromancer most so far.

finally completed all the prologues with the characters I have. Can't say I have a favourite for now. Had I to say, the Necro and the fire sorceress seem to be pretty fun, but I don't know yet. The strongest has been the necro.

One of my favourite features of the game is it's windowed mode, :) and how it treats resolutions. It just takes the resolution of your desktop and that's it. I like that, simplifies things a bit. But the way it handles the window is my favourite feature, the game works more like any other window handled by the OS.

Last edited:
One of my favourite features of the game is it's windowed mode, :) and how it treats resolutions. It just takes the resolution of your desktop and that's it. I like that, simplifies things a bit. But the way it handles the window is my favourite feature, the game works more like any other window handled by the OS.
Yeah D3 was the same, WoW as well. Being able to shape the window to anything I want is just awesome.

definitely having the most fun with the necro and the sorceress. Having a blast in fact. I've had a few necros in Diablo 2, but I had never created a sorceress in a Diablo game. Well, I am lying, I created one in Diablo 2 'cos I wanted to play the character but I focused on the druid and D2 guides I written and stuff and I never went past level 1. Sorceress piromancy skills are really fun.

Necro can be strong 'cos of defense -shield- and minions, but the sorceress isn't that strong though. It's more akin to the Rogue.

Last edited:
Yeah D3 was the same, WoW as well. Being able to shape the window to anything I want is just awesome.
it also behaves very well, the music stops if you get out of focus and you can have the game in the background like any other background process, taking very little processing power.

The only issue I found with windowed mode is that sometimes I drag the window around without actually wanting to do that. I was in the brisk of dying a few times 'cos of that, but that's a mouse thing. Btw, couldn't get used to the 1,2,3,4 nor A,S,D,F or WASD on the keyboard, but I now play with the mouse all the time. It has advantages, and disadvantages. The controller is still better for evading stuff, but since Evade is in the Space key, I don't use the mouse for that.

Today is the day I played the most since I have the game. The piromancy sorceress got me engaged, it's soooo fun. The fire skills even with 1 point are really fun to use imho

The Butcher turned up for the 3rd time ever tonight, managed to kill him on my Druid finally. Shiny new Butcher's Cleaver unique axe for the stash.

huh... interesting game design...

so... early on, basically on the part where people play in the beta, the story is quite engaging and presented with good pacing. But later on (basically the parts after the beta), the story became

- badly paced
- very boring/predictable

the enemies also becoming lazier. with encountering repeat enemies more and more.

in the demo, these kinds of "laziness" are only apparent in a few stuff like the small cellars.

i wonder if this is also partly due to 2 hours refund policy? xbox doesn exactly says the hours limits, but probably less than 2 hours for most cases and more hours for special cases like cyberpunk.

huh... interesting game design...

so... early on, basically on the part where people play in the beta, the story is quite engaging and presented with good pacing. But later on (basically the parts after the beta), the story became

- badly paced
- very boring/predictable

the enemies also becoming lazier. with encountering repeat enemies more and more.

in the demo, these kinds of "laziness" are only apparent in a few stuff like the small cellars.

i wonder if this is also partly due to 2 hours refund policy? xbox doesn exactly says the hours limits, but probably less than 2 hours for most cases and more hours for special cases like cyberpunk.
I found the story engaging enough all the way up to the completion. I think after that the game falls on playing with your friends and doing world bosses and legions and that is where it could use some help

Mobs have more interesting mechanics in higher tiers (tier 1 and tier 2 are mostly the same though). For example, some of the tier 3 mobs shields their nearby friends so you have to kill them first. In tier 4 mobs not just hitting harder but also have some new mechanisms.
However I do think the gap between tier 3 and tier 4 is a bit high. Tier 3 is gated at level 50 which is probably fine because most people is probably able to get to level 50 pretty quickly, but tier 4 gated at 70 (all mobs are 73+) is going to take a bit longer for most people. Of course it's probably intentional because sometimes I forget that the game was just released not even a month ago :p

I also really like to see a sort of "respec simualtor" in game. Of course there are 3rd party websites but it's more convinient to be able to experiment something in game. It'd be nice if I can adjust some paragon points without spending gold (I'm fine with it costing gold to finalize the changes). Right now small adjustments are cheap enough so I don't care too much about it but it can be quite costly to do a large scale respec.

Mobs have more interesting mechanics in higher tiers (tier 1 and tier 2 are mostly the same though). For example, some of the tier 3 mobs shields their nearby friends so you have to kill them first. In tier 4 mobs not just hitting harder but also have some new mechanisms.
ugh
why the heck did they locked that engaging gameplay mechanics in tier 3 and above, and made only tier 1-2 unlocked in the begining....

However I do think the gap between tier 3 and tier 4 is a bit high. Tier 3 is gated at level 50 which is probably fine because most people is probably able to get to level 50 pretty quickly, but tier 4 gated at 70 (all mobs are 73+) is going to take a bit longer for most people. Of course it's probably intentional because sometimes I forget that the game was just released not even a month ago :p

I also really like to see a sort of "respec simualtor" in game. Of course there are 3rd party websites but it's more convinient to be able to experiment something in game. It'd be nice if I can adjust some paragon points without spending gold (I'm fine with it costing gold to finalize the changes). Right now small adjustments are cheap enough so I don't care too much about it but it can be quite costly to do a large scale respec.
wish I could play tier 3 and above. Some colleagues told me that post-campaign it's a totally different game -and he considers D4 one of the best Diablo games ever-, the resistances of elites become serious, and when events are announced people just leave everything else and get together. A colleague of mine made one of those runs and they were 25 people battling a boss together and congratulating each other once finished.

I am thinking about completing the game with the sorceress first. My build is just pure piromancy, it's not a cookie cutter but it's very fun.

As I said, while I play with kb+mouse, there are advantages to using a controller. However, with the sorceress, for Meteor and Firewall, it's not possible to place the fire wall where you want to using a controller, the game places it automatically for you, while with a mouse you can place it wherever you want.

ugh
why the heck did they locked that engaging gameplay mechanics in tier 3 and above, and made only tier 1-2 unlocked in the begining....
yup, that's what some colleagues who finished the game told me. Once you beat the campaign it's a total game changer as I mentioned in the post above. Making the post campaign much more interesting.

That being said, one of them knows I have a fire sorceress and told me that ice sorceress are the most powerful, way too powerful in fact, more concretely the ice shards sorceress, which Blizzard admitted themselves and are going to nerf them.

Not that I care 'cos mine is going to be fire based all the time.

Back