Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Hey, occasionally you feel the need to test gravity ;)

The launch is tomorrow, so I guess midnight on the 3rd whatever one's local time is. Having never tried a preorder on a download though, I can't say for sure.

The launch is tomorrow, so I guess midnight on the 3rd whatever one's local time is. Having never tried a preorder on a download though, I can't say for sure.

Baaaa, can't wait :(

Midnight in two hours here...I am currently undecided between a Wizard (my standard class) or the crazy looking Witch Doctor.

What do you guys choose?

I literally have no knowledge of the game beyond it's a multiplayer dungeon crawler. The most fun we ever had playing CON was playing 3 mages. It required close teamwork in the beginning because we had such limited mana and firepower. We had to organise our blocking (unlimited blocking ability meant anyone could form an impenetrable forward defence which was weak to being flanked) and take turns blocking and firing spells. That's the sort of tight coop no-one designs into games and you get lucky with games allowing such imbalances. It'd be very cool if D3 allows something similar, but I'm not expecting much.

I would really like to know why you didn't like Torchlight 2? cos what you mention about Diablo 2 in ur last sentence is what I love about Torchlight 2, that my playstyle can change anytime making it a completely different experience every 20-30 mins.
Edit: Preload done, game installed and ready :) ! The game's page on psn now says that the game unlocks on the 2nd ! Previously it said on the 3rd , good for us :)

I'm really not sure why I didn't like Torchlight 2, for some reason I didn't feel engaged with what was going on on-screen. With Titan Quest I think the art and style just appealed to me more, so I was able to enjoy that game more I think.

I literally have no knowledge of the game beyond it's a multiplayer dungeon crawler. The most fun we ever had playing CON was playing 3 mages. It required close teamwork in the beginning because we had such limited mana and firepower. We had to organise our blocking (unlimited blocking ability meant anyone could form an impenetrable forward defence which was weak to being flanked) and take turns blocking and firing spells. That's the sort of tight coop no-one designs into games and you get lucky with games allowing such imbalances. It'd be very cool if D3 allows something similar, but I'm not expecting much.

There's not really much of this in D3. There are similar abilities to this in a way (monks used to be literally invincible using some abilities apparently), but there's not that much reward in fighting in concert with each other. Everyone just has to attack-dodge-attack-dodge on their own accord basically in this game. The only goal is to find a better DPS weapon with your character's primary attribute, because that's quite literally the only thing that improves one's character (aside from leveling and abilities... which also have damage determined by the DPS rating of your weapon...).

Last edited by a moderator:
Game unlocked :p !

Tell me how does New Game+ work in this game? I mean , I plan to play co op wth my wife, so we might want to start on easy as she doesn't play videogames much. So, if I start on easy, can then I take me character to normal and hard playthroughs? I mean, the same character can be taken to next difficulties? Or do I have to start with a new character ?

I think you have to stick to the same difficulty, at least that's what I remember.

Google-fu seems to say the same thing.

Jumping to hard would probably be more fun anyway after the first playthrough.

So when I kplay on hard, I start from scratch again with anew character?

Btw, the game let me change my difficulty from easy to normal just now. How does this affect loot etc? My wife says she is fne with normal, should I restart or continue as the game let me change the difficulty from the main menu?

So when I kplay on hard, I start from scratch again with anew character?

Pretty sure the only thing you lose is the story-level progression/checkpoints. Your character remains the same.

Btw, the game let me change my difficulty from easy to normal just now. How does this affect loot etc?

Better looting/exp/gold etc on higher difficulty.

My Demon Hunter is unstoppable !

But I don't understand the concept of weapons in this game. I am never really using my weapon. X,square, triangle, R2 all are my Demon Hunter's powers. When am I using my weapon?

Torchlight 2 has more bang in its gameplay, but more visual polish and flair in this one. since everything is set in this one, you concentrate wholly on action, nothing else. No more deciding what to spend ur points on. The game is definitely fun once u start levelling up but yopu miss any choice in ur character's development ! How is it an RPG if you have no say :p ?

In Torchlight 2, my wanderer can use any weapon I want. I switch from bows to shotguns to wands to swords seamlessly within the same character. Here, my Demon Hunter can only use bows and crossbows. no experimenting with weapons or playstyles allowed :???:

looks like consequent plays will be to try different classes.

But I don't understand the concept of weapons in this game. I am never really using my weapon. X,square, triangle, R2 all are my Demon Hunter's powers. When am I using my weapon?

When you run out of mana, really. Otherwise it's about the stats (it's weird that way).

Back