Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

What I was thinking is that holding the spell button would bring up a "crosshair" that you can move around using the touchpad.
Anyway I was thinking to use the touchpad for spells that work on large areas and not single target spells so that lack of 1:1 precision would not be an issue.

If I had to guess anyway I would say that Diablo 3 will use soft lock.

Assigning the doge to the right stick is nor the best choice IMO.
I would use a aimig system similar to the one in Dead Nation or Alien Breed and thus use the right stick for aiming.
Dodging would be performed by double tapping the left stick in this or that direction or left stick + frontal button.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said I would use the sticks to aim but Bliz could choose to use the touchpad simply because it feels good.
It was just an hypothesis anyway.

Diablo III (PS3 n PS4)

I found that Diablo 3 is now available for preorder on the PSN store
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-in/games/diablo-iii/cid=EP0002-NPEJ00202_00-B000000000000624

and then found some PS3 gameplay too showcased by Blizzard at E3:

The game features 4 player co op, online and offline. The offline part makes it very special as I want anything with offline co op to play with my nephew n niece.

So, what do you guys think? I am currently enjoying Torchlight 2 on my PC immensely but having a Dungeon Crawler on my PS3 is very very tempting :) ! I would much prefer a controller over mymouse clicking in Torchlight 2, but there isn't a choice.

How was Diablo 3 anyways? I haven't played any Diablo game before.
Are any of you getting it?

It might be easier to find players on ps3 version. Just a wild guess, and anyways PS3 version comes out in just 25 days. I just hope they allow us to carry our characters over to the ps4 version later, if not that will be a bummer.

It might be easier to find players on ps3 version. Just a wild guess, and anyways PS3 version comes out in just 25 days. I just hope they allow us to carry our characters over to the ps4 version later, if not that will be a bummer.

Damn it! Bought on PS3...can we download it from PSN store?

Damn it! Bought on PS3...can we download it from PSN store?

Yes, it s up for pre oreder :) ! Thats why I got interested in it, I avoid discs as much as I can.

Btw, here 10 mins on the ps3 by IGN :

Does anyone know how it compares graphically to the pc version? Will the pyrotecnics be enjoyable :D ? Wish they would show some dark dungeon so that we can see how the lighting effects have translated to ps3.

Do we know if now finally a gamepad patch for the PC version releases?

I don't think so cos the interface is completely new for the consoles. Also, they have tweaked the game for consoles, so...we can't say as how will they do it? Will you have to load a differrent exe for the gamepad version of the game. They have mentioned that enemy behaviours, enemy damage and counts have been changed for controller play, same for abilities and powers. I don't think we will have a PC gamepad version.

Here's some highlights of Penny Arcade playing the ps3 version:

and here is the full 2 hour playthrough:

X360 version gameplay with some actually informative commentary by ppl who know Diablo and have played it on PC too. Looks like its a solid port !

Blizzard is supposedly making a Big Diablo 3 announcement at Gamescom, so who knows it might just be the XBOne version. No point in not having an XBO version. Hoping the announcement is something bigger though, some tweaks or something, cos th emore I watch the class videos of D3, the more I realise that the Torchlight 2 that I am already playing is a better game than this.

couldn't wait anymore, preoredered it on PSN :D ! Hope I get the Journey scarf ad that it is actually a good item !

Now, the big question: What will I play as? THe demon Hunter or the Wizard?

Another someone telling us if the console version is good or not

From what I have gathered from everywhere, the console version is actually the better version due to lack of Auction House, better UI and better tuned loot. Graphics are the only thing toned down, but that understandable. Other than that, we have a winner here thanx to local co op option,

Is pretty weird on Blizzard's part to not have trading menu/interface in a game all about loot. I guess that also stems feom the fact they just wanted everyone to go to the stupid money making Auction House :rolleyes: ! Goo ti was scrapped from the ps3 version or I would have skipped this. Frankly, if Torchlight2 was available on the ps3 with local co op....that would be the game to get, but it sin't ....C'mon Runic, I hope Sony embraces u for ur next game on the ps4. :)

So no auction house at all then? After all, the fake-money auction house was terrible enough already.

Good riddence ! U can use real money on the pc now, but they nerfed the loot in the game so that ppl spend money on buying weapons. Good that it was removed from the console version. Also , the always online restriction is also gone from the console version. Blizzard says they removed it as most of the console players nplay offline,
Thank god ! Frankly, I wouldn't have bought it if these two weren't removed.

Another someone telling us if the console version is good or not

From what I have gathered from everywhere, the console version is actually the better version due to lack of Auction House, better UI and better tuned loot. Graphics are the only thing toned down, but that understandable. Other than that, we have a winner here thanx to local co op option,

Is pretty weird on Blizzard's part to not have trading menu/interface in a game all about loot. I guess that also stems feom the fact they just wanted everyone to go to the stupid money making Auction House :rolleyes: ! Goo ti was scrapped from the ps3 version or I would have skipped this.

It wasn't that weird - the trading was happening on a massive scale in Diablo 2 already - they just decided to make it so that they cut out the middle man there. That in itself wasn't bad, but they shouldn't have changed the way the game plays as a single player experience as much as they did (or at all).

Frankly, if Torchlight2 was available on the ps3 with local co op....that would be the game to get, but it sin't ....C'mon Runic, I hope Sony embraces u for ur next game on the ps4. :)

I think it's more of a matter that Microsoft doesn't embrace them again and makes them exclusive, I think?

Back