D&D is eval!!1111

So there are more people playing WoW pen&paper or EverQuest pen&paper than D&D?
Why does it have to be pen/paper?

I'm just talking about the pure amount of emotional investment in your 'character'. I personally have never seen the kind of investment into people's D&D character that I see in WoW or Everquest.

I'm just talking about the pure amount of emotional investment in your 'character'. I personally have never seen the kind of investment into people's D&D character that I see in WoW or Everquest.
Well, since the comic is about pen&paper D&D..

Re: emotional investment, if one would play one's p&p character as much as one's mmo character (which, outside of pure and strict rp-servers, are never really roleplayed) I think you'd see that same emotional involvement. Also, it should be stronger since you interact directly with people instead of through a digital medium.

Yeah, but also the pen & paper D&D is about social interaction, and well, the DM has ultimate control. I've really never seen anybody get their character terminated beyond recall. But, maybe I just wasn't hardcore enough. ;)

Yeah, but also the pen & paper D&D is about social interaction, and well, the DM has ultimate control. I've really never seen anybody get their character terminated beyond recall. But, maybe I just wasn't hardcore enough. ;)

I had an elf shadow dancer who died 5 or 6 times, 4 of those times happened during 1 session. He started out as a sun elf, died, got reincarnated as a wood elf, died, got reincarnated as a sparrow and shape-shifted to an elf and so on and so on.

His fortitude save was, shall we say, a little on the low end of the scale. His reflex save was incredible, though. :D

The comic, and this thread in particular seemed to be focused on the EVIL aspect of d+d - which stems from the 80's hullabaloo about it. The Christians thought that it was turning the youth away from church and to the occult.

I read the whole strip waiting for something funny.

It didn't come.

I WASTED MY LIFE

but that's not new

oh well

One doesn't look for funny in a Chick tract, or at least not any intentional funny.

Are there still people on the interweb that don't know what Jack Chick is all about?
Doesn't bringing a Chick Tract into a thread automatically make it a (cookoo for cocoa puffs) religious topic?

I completely failed to read the title and surrounding words on that web page the comic was hosted on, and actually thought it was a parody of those times... :LOL:

Christ, they were even more stupid than I remembered. :LOL:

Back