Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2022] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

I actually saw benches and even with dlss quality it’s still worse than the ps5 you have to go to performance or lower to get higher frames

Review sites have shown that DLSS balanced mode offers better image quality than Naughty Dogs TAA solution and it offers a 50% increase in frame rate.

So yes, an RTX2070 running DLSS balanced mode will offer higher image quality and performance than PS5.

A 5800x 3D is 2.5x a 3700x
No, it is not.

1.38x in hitman 3
pqvBeVM.jpg

1.39x in rdr 2

GYUKZ3V.jpg

and so on. 5800x 3D is not the mythical super 2.5x fast CPU you envision it to be.

So Gotham Knights doesnt run well on anything, 4090 included. On consoles it's 30 frames with constant stutter. On PC it stutters when driving. How is this game in such a shoddy state technically ? I mean, it doesnt run well on anything.

For our initial impressions, we used an Intel i9 9900K with 16GB of DDR4 at 3800Mhz and NVIDIA’s RTX 4090 Founders Edition. We also used Windows 10 64-bit, and the GeForce 522.25 driver.

At first glance, the game performs okay-ish. However, and once you start driving, performance goes downhill. At 1080p/Ultra settings, we were frequently dropping below 45fps while driving and exploring Gotham city. Things got even worse when we enabled its Ray Tracing effects, making the game completely unplayable.

Honestly, this is a good showing for Series S.
1440p is at the top end of its promised resolution range. And it's performance is similar to Series X/PS5.
Visually, the Series S version looks extremely close to the high end consoles.
It's lacking RT Reflections.

1440p is at the top end of its promised resolution range. And it's performance is similar to Series X/PS5.
It's not surprising as this game was originally supposed to be on PS4 and Xbox One too so likely scales very well to slower hardware.

Agree, and lacking RT doesn't hold it back in comparisons as far as I'm concerned.
Although I've got old eyes.

So Gotham Knights doesnt run well on anything, 4090 included

This game would have been a Cyberpunk 2077 initial release experience of horrible had it released on last-generation consoles. Instead of actually fixing the issues they have with their game engine sections, they just lopped off last-gen support.

Reactions: snc
So Gotham Knights doesnt run well on anything, 4090 included. On consoles it's 30 frames with constant stutter. On PC it stutters when driving. How is this game in such a shoddy state technically ? I mean, it doesnt run well on anything.

Needed to shit it on time for the holiday season. They'll fix it later as per usual.

Back