Current Generation Games Analysis & Technical Discussion [2020-2021] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by Shortbread, Nov 21, 2020.

1. ThePissartist

Veteran Regular

Apart from hitching during loading, I can't see how the PS5 would reasonably drop frames. The multiplier from Pro to PS5 is >2x the performance, even using GCN instructions. The BC games that I've seen tested with unlocked framerates (and not using the 18CU BC setup) when the PRO drops below 30fps, the PS5 is still hitting 60. I do think the BC multiplier favours the PS5, alternatively XSX is built for BC so the software has properly allowances for next gen modes, resolutions, etc.

Regardless, I don't think the BC modes on this game are in any way representative of the performance of either machine.

2. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

It seems XBSX performance mode DRS can go under 1080p in certain areas on maintaining 60fps. Anyhow, hopefully both PS5 and XBSX can get a proper next-generation update.

3. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

I'd take the developers word of the lowest range being 1080p over anyone else's.

Allandor, PSman1700 and Shortbread like this.
  4. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

He said approximately 1008p. With TAA it can be quite hard to pixel count.

Allandor, Dictator, DSoup and 2 others like this.
  5. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Edit: That BC game load analysis @9:13 was quite funny to be honest. I was like, when is the PS5 version going to load... :lol2:

#345 Shortbread, Jan 16, 2021 at 6:46 PM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021 at 7:09 PM