Crysis 3

Crysis 3 looks phantastic. I wonder if my 670 can handle it though...heard some nasty things from the alpha.

Up to now, seems to be the future best looking game out there. The sense of detail in the world, e.g. grass reacting to explosion, is great.

Will next gen consoles run this game on max?
We know that this gen consoles cannot run C1 on max...

When does the game release btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some quick observations:

Top notch lighting and well balanced tone-mapping.
Impressive particle effects, mostly explosions and fire.
The run-down city scape with lush vegetation is where CryEngine shows its strength, not the sterile urban environment in Crysis 2.
That post-effect of glowing dust and scratches with extensive lens flare is too much already.
Water splashes are more like a pool of mercury - completely out of scale.
SSAO is still a bitch. :p

I hope the gameplay (SP) and map design is indeed that open and diverse.

Some quick observations:
My biggest gripe with this video was that watchtower sniper-explosions did not make scratch in open grass field. I would really like if someone could create destructible physics system for 1 foot deep ground, with nice physics model for ground, rocks, earth captured with roots of trees/plants, etc.

Crysis 3 looks phantastic. I wonder if my 670 can handle it though...heard some nasty things from the alpha.

Alpha bas barely playable on day1, but first patch fixed slowdowns. 670 users reported almost perfect 60fps gameplay with everything maxed on 1080p. Of course, who knows how feature rich and gpu demanding will SP campaign be. :)

Crysis 3 PC System Requirements Detailed

Minimum System Operating Requirements for PC:
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM
• Dual core CPU
• 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)
• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):
• Nvidia GTS 450
• Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
• Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD5770
• AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC:
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
• Quad core CPU
• 4GB Memory
• Nvidia GTX 560
• Intel Core i3-530
• Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD5870
• AMD Phenom II X2 565

Hi-Performance PC Specifications:
• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
• Latest quad core CPU
• 8GB Memory
• NVidia GTX 680
• Intel Core i7-2600k
• Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD7970
• AMD Bulldozer FX4150

Good, my brother's Q9400, 6GB of ram and the overclocked 5850 I gave him should do just fine. We can continue kicking eachother's asses in our private Crysis server :)

I like how the "Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC" state a quad core and then go on to provide 2 dual cores in the example :/ Nice to see DX11 as a minimum, hopefully that points to good things.

I like how the "Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC" state a quad core and then go on to provide 2 dual cores in the example :/ Nice to see DX11 as a minimum, hopefully that points to good things.
It's curious that each of the three categories recommends and AMD CPU that's known to be slower (in games) than its Intel counterpart. The pick up measure probably was the relative price point, not so much the performance class? :???:

Sadly, the DX10/10.1 HW generation was caught in bad time of a major industry transition and got lost in all the flack. But hey, those are still decent DX9 GPUs.

not fun for those with gtx260/280's

It is, especially since it has to run on DX9ish consoles (wtf?). If PC was anything more to them than a test platform for next gen consoles you can be sure it would support DX10 hardware.

Anyway, it will be pretty for sure, but it will not make you shit your pants like Crysis in 2007.

Besides all that I am interested in what they can do being the first DX11 exclusive that I know of. Hopefully they went back to the drawing board with their tessellation experiment..

Well they're probably implementing tessellation where it is actually useful and part of the development/art cycle as opposed to added on towards the end of the development as a marketing partnership.

Did the Alpha look interestingly tessellated? I'll believe they're serious about DX11 when I see it. It would be nice if this sequel isn't smeared with forced FXAA.

Did the Alpha look interestingly tessellated? I'll believe they're serious about DX11 when I see it. It would be nice if this sequel isn't smeared with forced FXAA.
Alpha had massive use of PoM, tessellation was rather on par with C2 implementation, but it was hard to test to say it for sure.
Assets had insane quality for MP map though, and god, their new SSAO implementation is mindblowing. I would post some materials, but NDA ;\
BTW i think that even medium settings had SSR and it was cheap as hell, they definitely refined the tech, high shadows settings were penumbra too. They optimized everything from what i've seen.

==
About DX 11
Corbetta: As I mentioned, Crysis 3 will already ship with hi-res textures, advanced graphics settings, tessellation and DX11 support. Additional tech areas that have been enhanced since Crysis 2 are: AI navigation system, animation system, water, fog volumes, cloud shadows, POM, AA, cloths, vegetation, particles, lens flares and grass.

About AA

One of our big goals was to improve image quality, and a lot of work went into developing several DX11 based anti-aliasing techniques for PC, which means gamers will now be able to pick their favorite—this is relatively involved on a deferred-based engine, since it involves selecting every technique and accessing multi-sampled buffers, versus the usual “flip the switch” approach.

About Tessellation
On top of an improved tessellation system we’ve also introduced character/vegetation tessellation—and since tessellation performance was still not optimal for the level of detail we wanted to achieve, we also did research into different areas and introduced what we called “Pixel Accurate Displacement Mapping” for macro details with nice real-time self-shadowing

And interesting info about grass.
Corbetta: This tech allows us to visualize thousands of individual blades of grass, and is very cost and memory efficient as we can even achieve good results on older console hardware like 360 and PS3
Current gen consoles getting that grass!

What a pity that this interview wasnt longer, but its nice to see media PR start rolling out :)
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/03/t...l-have-high-res-textures-at-launch-confirmed/

http://i.minus.com/iNh6nYKXxLwWC.gif
Psss..no one saw anything ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back