Crysis 3

I think my gfx card just melted due to embarrasment , there was no way it coul run this :oops: !

Lovely stuff ! We should start making movies with CE3. I am all in for no more rendering times :D !

Resolution is 1080P. The direct feed version has been released earlier today:
http://www.crydev.net/dm_eds/files/General_Downloads/C3_TECH_TechTrailer_FINAL_1080.mov

Thanks for the direct feed link. Fantastic. Finally, a game and engine that appears to have been developed with tessellation in mind. Hopefully with time to fully play around with it, they will have it implemented more efficiently than in the Crysis 2 patch.

Either way it looks amazing and definitely appears to be finally bringing forth the visuals I expected when it was announced that Dx11 would support tesselation. Yay.

Regards,
SB

Finally, a game and engine that appears to have been developed with tessellation in mind.

Since it's a multiplatform title that will be released on current consoles, don't expect the assets to be designed from the ground up with tessellation in mind. And really, that's when the practical benefits of tessellation will become clear.

As it stands, they tack on displacement maps to objects that are designed to work on pre-DX11 hardware. While I'm sure they'll do a better job of it than they did with Crysis 2, it will take a DX11 PC exclusive or next-gen console title to show what tessellation can really bring us. And it will be glorious :cool:

Regardless of however gimped their tesselation tech may be by the existance of today's dog-awful consoles, C3 still stands to use tesselation a magnitude more efficiently and effectively - easily - than any other game released so far up until now.

I'm just hoping and praying that that shithole of a company EA won't make the game an origin exclusive. That'd suck more than anything that ever sucked before. (Well, maybe not. Computer games aren't the most important thing in the universe after all. :))

Nay... Blasphemer!!!

You can bet your ass Crysis 3 will be Origin exclusive. Origin doesn't seem to trawl my HDD constantly any more so I'm cool with it. It won't have me switching over from Steam but it ain't worth a boycott IMO.

As per the link in the Console section ... more details of the tech behind the trailer.

http://www.cgrecord.net/2012/08/cryengine3-tech-trailer.html

0021.jpg

I wonder how well this works and what happens to shadows and such around it since its not tessellation.

I am looking foward to read more about this pixel accurate displacement. And its funny how for the frog they are using indeed tesselation. Is very good to know that crytek is really experimenting with many different aproches and making substantial progress in many of them. They also have that marching cube sort of thing they showed years ago and never saw the light of day. They are inventing a bunch of stuff. You've got to give them that.

There was also that tech demo for procedural creation of indoor environments in buildings with destructible walls and stuff. That probably ended up in some of their non-gaming projects.

The alpha apparently started today. I've seen people with DX10/10.1 cards saying they can't start the game, because it requires actual DX11 hardware.

Official system requiremetns for the Alpha according to a tester
MINIMUM REQUIRED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or better

• RAM: 2.0 Gb (3.0 Gb on Vista)

• Hard Drive: 3.5 Gb or more of free space

• Video: Directx 11 compatible video card, NVIDIA GTS 450 / AMD Radeon 5770

• Sound: DirectX 11 compatible sound card
http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/694684-crysis-3-alpha-testing.html

Ouch. Hopefully that's just an alpha thing. Otherwise the PC version will be stillborn.

OK, some quick impressions from the alpha. For some reason the frame-rate is locked at 30Hz and the input lag is indeed noticeable. The default level of the graphics settings in my case is Very High (the maximum). There's only one map available for the multi-player trial.

disable vsync,
no framerate lock or input delay for me,

also the game really uses the CPU, it seems my i3 2100 is not enough, CPU load at 100% (4 threads) easily, and some bad micro stutter here and there (with FPS over 40)

Yup...its laggy as hell. I had vsync on so im not sure if turning it off helps. Didnt like the gameplay so im not going to try it again.

The included level has the color palette of a Carmack game. To actually see anything while moving you have to turn of the motion blur (same as in every game with this "feature"). I must say that it didnt look like a new engine to me. It felt like i was playing some generic unreal based console port.

Yup...its laggy as hell. I had vsync on so im not sure if turning it off helps. Didnt like the gameplay so im not going to try it again.

The included level has the color palette of a Carmack game. To actually see anything while moving you have to turn of the motion blur (same as in every game with this "feature"). I must say that it didnt look like a new engine to me. It felt like i was playing some generic unreal based console port.

We've probably played different games, because C3 MP Alpha looks better than singleplayer in Crysis 2.
What a pity that there is NDA, but assets quality is insane and it has even cloth physics implemented there already.

I was casually browsing the web when google took me to this page:
http://mycryengine.com/index.php?conid=8
And looking at the parallax occlusion mapping section, I noticed the screenshot shows a tree trunk with very good POM and correct sillouettes. Maybe their fancy Pixel Perfect Displacement Mapping is no more than just that, an improved POM. What you guys think?
It still does not intersect correctly with other geometry, as seen in the rock/ground interaction, but I don't know how their PPDM tech fares under the same circumtances either.

New phenomenal gameplay video, i reccomend watching in 1080p. Grass field looks awesome.

:runaway:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back