Crysis 3

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by fellix, Apr 12, 2012.

1. fellix

fellix Hey, You!
    Veteran

Crysis 3 surfaces on EA store
    :shock:

2. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Crurok! CyberDinos in NYC!?!

3. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

Is Crytek an EA company now, and thus obliged to chuck out a new iteration every year?

4. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Why not? The Madden business model works really well for CoD. Crysis 2012 :razz:

For shame, I never played Crysis 2, and it isn't very likely that I ever will since it's Origin exclusive now. And I assume this will be as well :(

I'm not just being a little bitch either, Origin was really screwing with my machine until I figured out it was trawling my HDD constantly looking for pronz or god knows what. After I disabled that (Origin) everything is back to normal.

5. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Yeah, I'm a bit sad that I'll likely never get to play Crysis 3. Ah well. Maybe I'll get lucky and EA and Steam will work out their differences.

Regards,
    SB

6. swaaye

Legend

Crysis 2 is an ok game. It depends on how much you like your sci-fi corridor shooters with spectacular AAA production values. I got pretty far but lost interest.

7. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Somehow Crysis 2 is good. I like that the campaign is very long. Nowadays, this is a super plus imo. Graphics on PC were spectacular. But, gameplay is rather limited...the longer the game last, the simple playstyle I use: just use sniper and camo...before shooting turn off camo - shoot - turn camo on...like god mode.

Hope Crysis 3 is more dense, more memorable action scenes. But I know that I will buy it.

8. suryad

Veteran

Been waiting to play Crysis 2 forever...now I have got the game I need the hardware. :(

9. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

I thought C2 was really good, for the most part. It was a big step forward in quite a few regards (like the more streamlined suit management), and a step back in a few others (such as no proning for example.)

Really looking forward to C3, except it'll be stuffed with Origin out the wazoo of course so I won't be able to buy it. EA fucking sucks.

10. RenegadeRocks

Legend

The screens on facebook look exactly like the Newyork in C2. Not much foliage change from the first pics, atleast. They should have shown in like nature has taken over the urban jungle...

11. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

I haven't seen any pics, but takes time for nature to penetrate concrete and asphalt... Unless C3 takes place like 20-30 years after C2 (think Pripyat here), there won't be much in the way of immediate differences.

12. Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran

13. swaaye

Legend

I like how bizarre it sounds. The addition of a bow makes me think there will be animals.

14. Richard

Richard Mord's imaginary friend
    Veteran

wtf? Retcon?

15. almighty

Banned

Screenshots are here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source

16. banksie

Newcomer

No, the ending of Crysis 2 makes it clear Prophet was still around. Despite renovating his head with a .45 calibre cleaner.

17. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

Not due out till 2013, but EA are hyping it now? Way to build up unrealistic expectations. Still, I'm glad they are intending to move back towards more open environments.

18. Jedi2016

Veteran

I suppose I'm going to have to play that game at some point. I never actually finished the first game, either.

19. Richard

Richard Mord's imaginary friend
    Veteran

Well, his conscience/memories are "still around" on Alcatraz but not Prophet himself.

20. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

They probably planned to announce it during E3, but since the game got leaked I guess they didn't have other choice.

It's said that the lame, textual Wii U announcement made over a year ago was also because some journalist got access to some info so they decided to cockblock his/her scoop by announcing it earlier.