CryENGINE 3

Thats quite the list. It all makes sense now... it isn't really a game engine first and foremost as much as it is a simulation engine.

That probably explains why the games they produce are so mediocre. It's all about simulation not stimulation!

There's AO at 1:19. It looks like they jacked up the ambient lighting, so it's messing with everything.
Spock plz? xD Well, nevermind..., sometimes you know a lot of cool concepts that I can't quite grasp and I have yet to see that AO -ambient occlusion- at 1:19.

You are a very-well educated person as most of the staff here, so that's it.

Thats Dharavi, the biggest slum of Mumbai, and I think the world too, not sure about that. Not really a replica though. Once you go inside those byelanes, only an insider can get you out. Have had that experience :p ! Its pretty dark in those lanes even during day. Lotsa mini factories inside and a den of software piracy. Not so bright and sunny as shown in this video, though.

Thats Dharavi, the biggest slum of Mumbai, and I think the world too, not sure about that. Not really a replica though. Once you go inside those byelanes, only an insider can get you out. Have had that experience :p ! Its pretty dark in those lanes even during day. Lotsa mini factories inside and a den of software piracy. Not so bright and sunny as shown in this video, though.

Indeed...I went there once and it was nightmarish.

I haven't seen this posted yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=galgKO4tCog

Other than the nasty screen tear its pretty much what I expected it to look like on consoles.

Lighting looks nice in that gameplay, but the textures on ground and walls look tiled and boring. They had this composite shader which can break monotny by mxing two textures. They would obviously use that , it seems unfinished work rather than ugly gfx.

That probably explains why the games they produce are so mediocre. It's all about simulation not stimulation!

I couldn't disagree more. I recently started playing Warhead for the first time and its some of the most fun I've ever had with an action game. The other games that I was playing before I started it have been completely dropped in comparison. (Farcry 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Lost Planet -second time through).

If its pure action you're looking for, nothing in my experience really comes close for a perfect balance between tactics and pure action.

Lighting looks nice in that gameplay, but the textures on ground and walls look tiled and boring. They had this composite shader which can break monotny by mxing two textures. They would obviously use that , it seems unfinished work rather than ugly gfx.

The stress test was quite unimpressive as well as messy looking and also ran at a terrible framerate with lots of tearing, surely not what I expected...especially on a scale so small.

At 1:46 it looks like the Crysis SP map "Island" with some modifications. I've done the same putting the tornado at same location!

RealTime Immersive, Inc. (RTI) is a simulation and serious games studio established to support CryENGINE® licensees in the serious game and simulation market space.

The white rectangle things really show it between the green ceiling and white walls.
Thanks for the pic, it explains it all. I see it clearly, just being a bit observant. I have a slight idea about what AO and SSAO are but when looking at pics I don't tend to notice it or look for it.

I was surprised that he noticed it so clearly at that particular moment because the video is quite lengthy.

Geek. It's great coming to a place where you can learn about new things and share opinions with well-educated, expert people and talking about these subjects naturally. It's definitely a good motivation.

Trolling can hit any forum at any given time, anyhow. Hell, it's the internet. I am more interested in seeing such comments made on here or in any other topic of this forum than on an article somewhere.

Which is funny because I'd rather consider myself an average user than a tech expert.
That's very interesting, I didn't think it was based on a real life place. Now that I look closely at the video the place seems quite huge. I don't know if the populace ranges from hoods and bloods, low key pirates, to writers and teachers, or just regular everyday people -most likely judging by your description- and so on, but it certainly seems to a peculiar place.

Back