CryENGINE 3

Serverside rendering is more closely linked to the OnLive! thread then this one, and given the lousy IQ of OnLive!, I don't see server-side rendering becoming a rival to consoles until worldwide superfast broadband infrastructure is in place (20 years?! :p)

I'm actually quite content with Crysis 1's custom mod graphics to be the standard for next few years, it doesn't need to take a huge leap over that imo. Of course with the additional features like SSGI from Cryengine 3.0 I wont see many complaining. Don't like the idea of Severside rendering at all.

Ok, question.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/crytek_magic_prevents_crysis_2_3d_performance_issues.html

^ Why no other gaming companies doing the same as Crytek with this "3D" method that is apparently so cheap? I get that Sony wants to push their 3D TV line, but what is the quality difference between the 3D being employed in (for instance) KZ3 vs Crysis 2?

Interesting feature of CryEngine 3.0

It was discussed in other topics couple of times.
Check last paragraphs from this article http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/playstation-3d-performance-analysis-article?page=3

Wow...they didnt even release their flagship game for CE3 and they already have 24 licensees (such as Sledgehammer, Ignition London etc.):smile:

Wow...they didnt even release their flagship game for CE3 and they already have 24 licensees (such as Sledgehammer, Ignition London etc.):smile:

Arent Sledgehammer games a Cod studio that replaces treyarch while they replaced IW. Isn't sledgehammer games doing a action game inside the cod-verse something like 3rd person mode in mw 2 i guess.

How the heck does Crytek have 650 employees (according to presentation) when only major game they've shipped in the last several years is Crysis???

Edit: Eh, I guess cheap Eastern Europe labor is probably a big part of it judging by office locations.

Edit: Eh, I guess cheap Eastern Europe labor is probably a big part of it judging by office locations.

We're not that cheap anymore, especially because our taxes are as high as in Denmark :(

Crysis Warhead was mostly the product of the Budapest office and they're rumored to have rather high salaries. They rent offices in a pretty expensive building, too. But I also wonder about where the hell they get that kind of money, the two games have probably sold around 3 million copies altogether. Maybe Far Cry 1 was a bigger hit then we've thought?

We're not that cheap anymore, especially because our taxes are as high as in Denmark :(

Come to Bulgaria, 10% flat income tax, 10% corporate tax, top 5 lowest budget deficit in the EU, currency pegged to the EUR since 1998 :)

But I hear horrible - or wonderful, if you happen to be on the inside - things about the luxuries of Crytek's Sofia office. It seems to be company culture.

Crysis Warhead was mostly the product of the Budapest office and they're rumored to have rather high salaries. They rent offices in a pretty expensive building, too. But I also wonder about where the hell they get that kind of money, the two games have probably sold around 3 million copies altogether. Maybe Far Cry 1 was a bigger hit then we've thought?

Maybe they have licensed their engine in other business branches like architecture or city planning. There's this nice video on the previous page from a non gaming business branch.

Back