Command and Conquer coming to 360 in 2007

22psi

Veteran
EA ANNOUNCES COMMAND & CONQUER 3 TIBERIUM WARS FOR THE XBOX 360
EA Los Angeles Brings the Top Selling* Real-time Strategy Series to the Next Generation

Chertsey, UK November 16, 2006 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™ (C&C 3) is in development for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system. C&C 3 boasts an intuitive console-specific control scheme, fast-action strategy gameplay, deep single player campaign, and an immersive multiplayer experience featuring massive battles where you take control of large armies on the battlefield of the future.

“The Command & Conquer series finally makes its return to the console after seven years,†said Mike Verdu, Executive Producer at EALA. “C&C 3 will help expand the RTS genre on the Xbox 360, building off of the foundation laid by the development of The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II. EA is evolving the console controls so that strategy gaming plays and feels native to the platform.â€

“C&C 3 is a perfect fit for the Xbox 360,“ said Mike Glosecki, Senior Producer at EALA. “Xbox 360 players will enjoy the action-packed online play and watching the epic Sci-Fi story of the game unfold as they play through the single player campaign.â€

more here: http://www.gamefront.de/

:???: Little hope of the control being decent enough unless they change the flow of gameplay significantly. :-|

Yeah I agree, EA probably used the LOTR RTS game as a test bed. I do hope they refine it. CC is one of my favorite series and my PC won't be able to handle this game so I have high hopes for the 360 version. :smile:

Well I hope this game hits PS3 aswell (There's quite high chance for that now that EA owns the rights for C&C) especially because of the keyboard and mouse support in PS3 (I'll be damned if they don't add it, they are EA so probably they won't because of lazyness). In anycase, I rather get this on PC tho. :)

Yeah I agree, EA probably used the LOTR RTS game as a test bed.

Yeah, it was one of those unkept secrets they mentioned a couple times in the past. I hope they learned something good about those bookmarks. What worries me is the pacing of the game because C&C is just a classic example of needing to build quickly and have fine control over units.

At the same time I hope they tailor the game as per the platform controls require so that the PC side doesn't get screwed over or vice versa.

I guess the 360 BFME II game sold pretty well for them to commit to this (anyone know how well it sold?). Although I'm mostly a shooter guy, I kind of liked the BFME II demo. Never bought the game, though.

If Battle for Middle Earth 2 is any indication, then Tiberium wars should be bought on PC. The PC community has a better standard of online competition, more players online and EA actually bothered to fix the flawed gameplay that the game shipped with. After 2 major overhauls in gameplay balance the current game is a lot of fun- i've been playing it most days since release. IIRC the 360 version is still the flawed and frustrating game of many months ago and riddled with cheaters.

If the free online service of PC offers better experience than Xbox live, then it makes Live look like a scam.

If Battle for Middle Earth 2 is any indication, then Tiberium wars should be bought on PC. The PC community has a better standard of online competition, more players online and EA actually bothered to fix the flawed gameplay that the game shipped with. After 2 major overhauls in gameplay balance the current game is a lot of fun- i've been playing it most days since release. IIRC the 360 version is still the flawed and frustrating game of many months ago and riddled with cheaters.

If the free online service of PC offers better experience than Xbox live, then it makes Live look like a scam.

Thats a pretty scathing non-sequitur... how is it that Live is a scam when EA doesnt support their console release as well as the PC release? Or doesnt support their console servers as well as the online PC community? it took TWO MAJOR overhauls to get it that way on PC why aren't you attacking that? The logic in this post is very messy...

This is sweet news, now we just need the keyboard and mouse support and we are ready to save world from the evil hands of GDI. :D

Back