Civilization Revolution*

What are the most difficult CivRev achievements on 360?

The only one I can think is hard is creating a city with 200 production, but I haven't really made an effort, certain races will make it easier.

I would have liked to see a little more variety for the achievements (most of them just involve winning the game with different strats and races), but I'm not much of a gamerscore guy anyway.

The only one I can think is hard is creating a city with 200 production, but I haven't really made an effort, certain races will make it easier.
Thanks for the info.
I think it would be fairly easy with factory, mining workshop and population (you can redistribute the population with settlers).

Unfortunately the way I play the game, all types of victories are almost equivalent. You get science, you get money, you get domination, you get culture.
Same goes for those types of achievements.
I would have liked to see a little more variety for the achievements (most of them just involve winning the game with different strats and races), but I'm not much of a gamerscore guy anyway.

Neither I'm (of PS3 equivalent), and most of SSHD trophies are really lame, but having a single play through, no save/load deity victory trophy would seriously motivate me. :(

Thanks for the info.
I think it would be fairly easy with factory, mining workshop and population (you can redistribute the population with settlers).

Well not so easy as you think, with a fully developed city of ~30 population, in a reasonably mountainous region, I managed like 154. At that location there really wasn't much point in expanding beyond that as it was never going to get to 200. Perhaps with german's it would have been doable with the bonus from the forest.

Hours upon hours of life sunk into this game :devilish:

I am glad all the big games do not come out for another couple months so I can enjoy this until my eyes bleed... more. :D

Well not so easy as you think, with a fully developed city of ~30 population, in a reasonably mountainous region, I managed like 154. At that location there really wasn't much point in expanding beyond that as it was never going to get to 200. Perhaps with german's it would have been doable with the bonus from the forest.
Did you switch to Communism?

The Mognols have a mountain bonus. If you get a city the in midst of a mountain range, you can get enormous production. Alternatively try the Americans with their Factory Bonus.

The Mognols have a mountain bonus. If you get a city the in midst of a mountain range, you can get enormous production. Alternatively try the Americans with their Factory Bonus.

Mongols is a good start, with communist and some super technologies who increased your production when you find it them in first, is easy to reach the 200 production town, in a party I have three of these towns.;)
Now, the last challenge I got is "Be the Master of the World" before the year 1000… try with different civilisations but don't reach it!:LOL:
I probably sell the game before I got this.;)

I agree the game is addictive, that's why I had to get rid of it to do some work.
And it's not a fun addiction either. A little scheduling and/or automation for city management and unit grouping support (even if they have different "speeds") would help a lot for me.

Now, the last challenge I got is "Be the Master of the World" before the year 1000… try with different civilisations but don't reach it!:LOL:
I probably sell the game before I got this.;)

What is the Master of the World exactly?

edit: Apparently this game is selling very well, good for them I guess.

I agree the game is addictive, that's why I had to get rid of it to do some work.
And it's not a fun addiction either. A little scheduling and/or automation for city management and unit grouping support (even if they have different "speeds") would help a lot for me.

What is the Master of the World exactly?

edit: Apparently this game is selling very well, good for them I guess.

Is only winning the game before year 1000 in King mode or upper, don't know the english name for this success so I made a self traduction.;)

Towards the later stages, managing Cities is a bind when you just don't care. I tend to set them building the biggest thing I can and ignore them. It's very annoying that you can't have cities building nothing at all, and they'll keep churning out units you don't want to manage. I had an idea yesterday to keep changing government and keep them in a state of anarchy to stop this, but that also stops city growth which would be nice to keep.

Just produce wealth or research if you dont want your cities to build for some reason..
Most of the upgrades are useful thought, so i dunno why you guys dont want to build.

I allways build. No matter how far along, my cities will allways build, usually just city improvements\world wonders unless im at war. At later stages when you really have build anything you need, just build nukes

I remember a civ game a while back ago, where i made like 50 nukes, then making a UN resolution to stop making nukes (i was the only one with nukes), the vote passed thus making nukes is illegal, while i have 50 ICBM's ready to crush any nation that doesn't submit to my authority :D

You can't switch to 100% wealth or Research production though. Everyone inside the city generates 1 unit of production alongside research or wealth. You don't have to build anything, but every turn that city asks what to build. It's the being asked that bugs me - I just plain don't care at that point! You also can't build Nukes in CivRev. There's only one nuke available per game. They really gimped it.

They did gimp it, but at least it exists. :) The future is bright - I've long felt that consoles should have more of these games again, especially now that we have hi-def.

The amount of depth mentioned here in PC Civ games has me intrigued. So, I wonder, would a full Civ game have a place on a console with mouse and keyboard support (or perhaps required)? I know I'd buy it, but I do wonder if there's a viable market there.

If you're wondering why I wouldn't just go out and buy it on the PC, I would (and I may), but I'd prefer to play it on a console for simplicities sake. I would say simplicity and stability, but we know that arguments out the window. :LOL:

Speaking of kb support, that game doesn't even support keyboard for typing in custom city names. How is this allowed? I blame Sony on this.

And Shifty I agree the production thing is annoying. The best solution I had was building Wonders, not a complete solution but better than producing stuff you don't need. The good thing is Cities have production memory so nothing goes to waste even if current progress is more than the unit/building you are gonna building. I'd like a memory for Science as well. It's annoying to have 100+ science when you completed 999/1000 of your research.

Anyway, that does not solve

You can't switch to 100% wealth or Research production though. Everyone inside the city generates 1 unit of production alongside research or wealth. You don't have to build anything, but every turn that city asks what to build. It's the being asked that bugs me - I just plain don't care at that point! You also can't build Nukes in CivRev. There's only one nuke available per game. They really gimped it.

Oh that sucks.

You cannot produce wealth\culture\research? One nuke per game? Geez. Does it have scenario's and world builder?

In Civ PC you can set your cities to build wealth\culture\research, so all Hammers (production icon) will be converted to gold\culture points\research points. Shame they gimped Civ for consoles, they should have atleast made it an option to play PC rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're wondering why I wouldn't just go out and buy it on the PC, I would (and I may), but I'd prefer to play it on a console for simplicities sake. I would say simplicity and stability, but we know that arguments out the window. :LOL:

Civ4 with "Warlords" and "Beyond the Sword" expension packs is avaliable at digital downloads like steam for $20-30 bucks. Worth a try imo.

The PC games are very very deep (you dont have to play very deep at easier difficulties). It also offers tons of scenarios (and people make mods\scenarios that you can download for free) like WW2 etc.

You can also select game speed, from Quick to Epic and Marathon. A quick setting will finish in a few hours.

Oh that sucks.

You cannot produce wealth\culture\research? One nuke per game? Geez. Does it have scenario's and world builder?

In Civ PC you can set your cities to build wealth\culture\research, so all Hammers (production icon) will be converted to gold\culture points\research points. Shame they gimped Civ for consoles, they should have atleast made it an option to play PC rules.

you can customize your resource settings. you can set to science or gold production for the city) and then you can set your workers on balanced, hammer, gold, food or customize each workers settings.

you can customize your resource settings. you can set to science or gold production for the city) and then you can set your workers on balanced, hammer, gold, food or customize each workers settings.

ya you can set production to pretty much nothing if you want, but ultimately that takes longer than clicking through the units produced each turn if you are just waiting for your space ship to land or whatever. A no report, or military idle setting would be useful.

Back