So I got a Rift CV1 setup yesterday...

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
...and I gotta say, the hype is real! VR is incredible! Blew me away, and I only played the setup demo!
I've been wanting to try it so badly for so long, I feel incredibly lucky to finally be able to do so. I was never against VR, I just can't afford it and didn't think a whole lot of others would either...but if you can get it definitely do so as it is bloody cool as hell! Me and the kids spent an hour or two trying to get it all setup and working and we did and I got to try the little robot in the trailer demo. Then my kids took turns trying it, then they ended up playing on it all night until I kicked them off at 3am so I could have my computer back and because my wife was trying to sleep and they kept shouting a bit too much.
Waaay fun, steep learning curve, 6 years of software development behind it that I gotta figure out, and yeah I'm in my happy place geeking out. Watching my son play some fighting games yesterday cracked me up and freaked me out at how intense the gameplay was for him, but laughing at him jumping and spinning around standing in front of my PC with the headset on. The headset is a mint original setup with controller and Xbox controller, as well as two touch controllers and an extra setup. I get why people are so hot on wireless now, but even wired it's an incredible experience!
Oh, I'm gonna stick some oversized googly eyes on the front of the visor just to add to the comedic value. They literally fell off my shelf on to it and it seems like such a no brainer. (Yes, I keep a bag of various sized self-adhesive googly eyes on my desk because reasons of course!)

Racing/flight/space sims is where vr shines imho
heres some free stuff to test
DCS World Steam Edition https://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/DCS_World_Steam_Edition/
Project CARS - Pagani Edition https://store.steampowered.com/app/429180/Project_CARS__Pagani_Edition/
If you decide you like Project Cars -70% £3.89
or
Project Cars Steam Key : £1.96

Back