Child of Eden

I was just thinking about picking this up over the weekend, and I want to support Q Entertainment, but I'm unsure if it's worth $50 after reading the comments on the net.

Loved Rez, so I might just bite the bullet and pick it up anyways. Haven't been using my Kinect much lately and this would be a great reason to use it.

@alstrong
i mean the video like the opening video when play first time. Also the videos on "extra" menu, All of them are in wrong aspect ratio in 640x480 WMV, but when play on xbox its upscaled and given correct aspect ratio.

@shifty
in low bitrate, for my ears vorbis give better sound quality than WMA. But maybe its different from one person and another.

and yeah CoE almost no loading at all, seems that the benefit from using all data is not Zip-ed.

EDIT:
Btw if playing with kinect, if gonna play the last archive maybe best after rest....
I played that right after playing the previous archive, resulting sore-arm.....

Last edited by a moderator:
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/35625/Saling_The_World_Child_of_Eden_Tops_US_Sales_Charts.php

Seems to be doing well in NA:

This week's charts, with data taken from June 30th, 2011, find Child of Eden heading multiplatform sales stateside, while Steins;Gate and its sequel continue to rank among Japan's biggest sellers.

North America: 1. Child of Eden (Ubisoft, X360), 2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo, 3DS), 3. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Ubisoft, X360), 4. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii), 5. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision, X360).

The multiplatform top 5 for the US is intersting.

1. Kinect - UBIsoft, 2. 3DS - Nintendo, 3. Kinect - UBIsoft, 4. Wii - UBIsoft, 5. COD - Activision.

4 of the top 5 are casual games. The only non-motion gaming game in there is a game that launched 9 months ago!

X360 top 5 for the US is interesting also.

Kinect - Kinect - COD - Kinect - Halo. :D

Anyways, found that interesting...

And now off to Gamestop to buy Child of Eden, thanks for the heads up RobertR1.

Regards,
SB

Neat. I think 3D should be pretty great for this game.

Generally though I'm not convinced by this game. It seems to be very similar still to why I didn't like Rez, which is that it is basically an on rails shooter. I know that sounds like an unfair comment to make, but I would have enjoyed maybe grabbing stuff and throwing that instead, and similar more original interactions.

Wish I had 3D though. Hopefully it'll get cheap enough sometime soon.

Does it have some strategy in the shooting ? Or is it just mindless fun ?

Some day, my friend. Some day, perhaps we will all play games in fine 3D. ^_^

it can be mindless fun and can need skill and strategy (like deciding to use machine gun mode or multi-target missile mode)

Might as well mention it here as well, Child of Eden is now to be included in the Kinect stand-alone as a downloadable.

Major Nelson said:
Today we have announced we’re updating the Kinect Sensor bundle to include both Kinect Adventures and a download code for a free copy of Child of Eden. This new bundle will be priced the same as the current sensor bundle and will start appearing in stores next week in all Xbox LIVE regions (except Japan since Child of Eden has not been released there.) This bundle will be available in limited quantities and while supplies last so be sure to look for the special packaging above to make sure you’re getting Child of Eden!

Will the game be available for PS3 on disc?
It's already on PSN, but can't find a copy on a Blu-ray anywhere.
The release date should have been 27th September.

rabidrabbit said:

Oh we get a PSN version? Cool, I think I'll go for that ...

Oh we get a PSN version? Cool, I think I'll go for that ...
It's there already, since yesterday.
I might get it from PSN too. I did make a pre-order for the Blu-ray version but the place where I ordered still shows 0 stock.

It's postponed to 30th September in US. I think the game is only available for download in the EU Store. Haven't heard any PSN release for US yet.

Back