HDR + Surround audio showcase: game recommendations (PC, console)

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
What's your recommendations?

Mine's

Cyberpunk 2077
Been widely reported as a game with inaccurate HDR. But for me its HDR looks marvelous, and combined with the ridiculously amazingly textured surround sound, even simply walking around in the market at night feels amazing (the blinding neon lights are also blindingly bright! almost like when you visited a night market IRL).

The game is buggy as heck tho. So if you found yours sounds super dry. It could be that the audio is bugged. I personally experienced it a few times.

Forza Horizon 5
simply beautiful. its audio also a huge improvement from the "dry" Forza Horizon 4. Really recommend to simply drive around aimlessly, and use the drone mode to see beautiful views (and details and the nature sound)

Any battlefield games
as per usual. Amazing audio and visuals. nothing more to say.

I am pretty "stoked" (word came to mind and felt good!) to play Cyberpunk, I bought it on release but it didn't really hook me in a couple hours and I stopped. I remember Cannata talking on a podcast how you dont really look forward to the skill tree upgrades, whereas in well designed games you do, even though I had not played much I totally understood what he was saying, and it made me just mentally give up on the game. Feel like the game got a raw deal over politics for sure.

But now I keep hearing it's pretty good and I want to try again, but I might as well wait for the next gen patch now. It already looked pretty top tier, so any improvement will just be icing.

Ok coming from a Series X/Xbox platform perspective.

I'd say Jedi: Fallen Order is a nice one. Star Wars game have that extra oomph behind the audiovisual history.

FH5 I suppose, I dont know while I recognize it's technically incredible it also somehow visually just doesnt touch me. Maybe I'm bored of the series visual tricks. I dont know. Still obviously worth a look and the obvious answer on Xbox.

Halo Infinite. While it has it's prior gen roots for sure and noone was more disappointed than me, it can also be quite the stunner at times.

Battlefield showed a lot but I only played the Beta a few times and never got a tornado to touch down, then lost interest. I suspect it's in the top tier though.

It's sad I guess I'm even thinking of like Halo 4 remastered here.

That's it. It's pretty sadly thin for me. Even after over one year of "next gen".

Edit: I'm not one to judge HDR or surround mixes that adeptly. Consider these general recommendations.

Last edited:
I feel that with forza horizon 5 too. Yes its a technical marvel, yes it looks good. But then after awhile... It became so mundane.

Maybe it's too realistic? Dunno.

On Xbox series, when the next gen patch landed, you may want to play cyberpunk with the spatial audio activated.

Back