Cheese!

I quite like semi-hard cheeses such as Manchego, Gruyere or Yarg (from Cornwall). Perfect finger-food when cut into small chunks and eaten along with some pickled cornichons and cured meats such as Ventricina, Spianata, Bresaola etc. especially when washed down with some nice beer!

Also since I'm a Yellowbelly, I'd have to recommend Little Lincoln Imp cheese. An incredibly powerful Cheddar which is not for the fainthearted - makes your eyes water! Lincolnshire Poacher is also a good cheese which is a bit gentler on the palate.

I have the Cheese Shop sketch read out by a text-to-speech program...

edit: uploaded it here

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, if someone knows a really nice cheese I should try, tell me! :D

Cream cheese... makes a killer cheese cake :D I like all sorts of cheese, but right now I am in the mood for some mozzarella melted and browned over a large pizza :p

Anyway, the cheese is kind of grew to love is Quargel ; 30 % protein, 0.3% fat. Pretty strong smell, but has a fairly mild taste. Great with tomatoes and some bread.

Yay, another Quargel fan! I find Sour milk cheese in general quite tasty, other than quargel especially the Tiroler Graukäs.

PARANOiA said:
Cheese is incredibly fattening. Enjoy it in moderation, much like chocolate or alcohol.
As Stefan already wrote above, that's not true for (AFAIK most) sour milk cheese variants.
In fact, Quargel et al. have been a vital key ingredient to my successful body reorganization (yep, despite heavy protests of my pounds mass layoffs were inevitable...) ;)

Cheese is incredibly fattening. Enjoy it in moderation, much like chocolate or alcohol.
Which is odd when you consider there is research that shows that eating the calcium in (low fat) yoghurt helps stop your body digesting fats. <shrug>

Which is odd when you consider there is research that shows that eating the calcium in (low fat) yoghurt helps stop your body digesting fats. <shrug>

Really? I'd not heard that.

Generally I believe a simply rule is soft cheeses are better for you than hard cheeses, and light-coloured cheeses are better for you than dark-coloured cheeses. So stay white and sloppy :)

One of the advantages of the harder cheeses though is they're full of flavour. A good Parmesan - one of my all time favourites! - needs a fairly small amount to fill a meal with a rich flavour. So while it's quite fattening, you use less than another substitute, making the meal taste better while retaining an overall balanced kilojoule content.

While we're on the topic, Jarlsberg :devilish:

Dinner was crackers, chevre, smoked aged cheddar, and dry sausage.

Oh, and a slice of key lime pie.

/me eats poorly sometimes

Back