Chairs.

I'd urge anyone buying a chair to actually go and sit on some at a store. What looks good in a catalogue might be absolute posture- and spine-wrecking hell on earth when it arrives and you finally park your ass and see what it's like.

When I bought my current chair I went to Staples and spent an hour (I kid you not) sitting on their display chairs for minutes at a time in my usual sitting positions to see what worked best for me.

Ended up choosing a £50 chair that looks unassuming, especially compared to the £LOL Aerons and what have you that they also had.

Given that I argue that your chair and desk are as important as your other HIDs when using a PC, and that class of device is more important than anything inside your PC's case by far, you owe it to yourself to try before you buy in this case.
Agreed. And I would like to add, that (like with shoes and lots of other consumer products), you generally pay more for the brand than for the quality. But if you buy a quality brand one (ie: a brand that cares about quality), you can buy one that is about 3-10 times as expensive, but lasts your whole life. They're generally the ones that offer life-time insurance. ;)

Back