Desk, Office, Gaming Chairs?

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
I'm looking for a new chair for my office.

Nearly everything that shows up on searches of Amazon, Office Depot, Staples or the deal sites is made with the deplorable Bonded Leather material. If you haven't dealt with it, consider yourself lucky. It is a material that will eventually crack and peal and then you will have flakes of it all around until its peeled completely off.

My last office chair lasted far longer than it should have. They no longer make the same model, but have similar ones. However it and the new ones use Bonded Leather. I want to avoid that if possible, but if push came to shove I might go with it. They're in the $130 to $200 range depending on sale or discount. So economically it's not bad if I can get 2 or 3 years out of it.

I am open to higher priced chairs if they will last. I would rather not be doing this same dance 3 years from now, or ever again. Any of the low priced chairs like under the $130 seem to be horrible quality and not comfortable at all.

So what office, desk, or gaming chair do you use and what do you recommend? It's hard to tell if the higher priced chairs are worth it. Many of all product reviews are based on day one impressions and none say what they're like months or even years later.

I've been using the Corsair T1 Race chair for about 2 years non stop. I think it qulifies as expensive but it's sturdy (sure I've used it a crazy ammount of hours .. prolly 7-9 / day average) and comfortable. Its assembly was also a bit weird (some covers and small pieces never quite fitted correctly) but probably by now they had revised that

My whole office use Kinnarps 9000-series chairs, they are really well built and the leather parts seem to last really well.

Yeah, they don't have the 5 point racing harness, none of them.

The point I was making is they exist because they look like a racing car seat
and are not designed with ergonomics in mind

ps: sometimes while sitting in a wheeled chair you propel yourself around instead of getting up
it's called Davros-ing

Last edited:
Good news I have found the ideal office chair for you
rx8d1zi.jpg

You can thank me later....

Get skate wheels for it, I still love mine!

I'm watching/hijacking/adding to this thread too. My old chair broke a few months back and I've been using the "spares" around the house and my back and butt are KILLING me!

I want a 24/7 chair, preferably high backed with headrest and at least a 275lb capacity. I've been finding a number around the $300us, is that what I should expect to pay for something decent or should I bargain shop for a $250-ish or less?

One possible concern from the Q&A:

Ordered this as a Christmas present for my adult son, he could not use it because there were only two positions - full up and full back, with nothing in-between. Chair was returned.
Despite product description:

The tilt Lock mechanism offers a comfortable rocking/reclining motion. The free range motion is great for taking a quick break from typing for phone calls and relaxing
I would think it would have b stone tension and want to return to upright position.

I'm also thinking that for the price of it I could get two new decent chairs. Maybe not superb, but comfy. (my son's chair is pretty horrible too)

I might start poking around the $100-ish ones too.

Well I'm out of this game. I guess sometime around 3am yesterday I ordered this one, got tired of looking at them and this one has the advantage of coming tomorrow. :)

I remembered we're getting a new puppy July 4th and I already have a crazy dog, they'll destroy whatever chair I have long before it wears out.

Also, my butt REALLY hurts on this stupid mesh chair I'm sitting on. No padding on the seat, and I ain't got enough padding back there anymore! :(

Do let us know how it turns out. That didn't list what material it was using, I just don't like Bonded Leather since it cracks and peals eventually.

I use a Herman Miller, but a lot of people use a secret labs one as well. Haven't tried it, but the Herman Miller has been very good for me.

My chair, I got in all black with black casters, got it on a good sale from a supplier, lol, they were like, we never do individual sales like this, but since you looked us up and found us in the middle of no where, come pick one up.
https://grshop.com/herman-miller-em...MIyuLvxLvU6QIVDb7ACh2xmAWKEAQYASABEgI4IPD_BwE

I got it for 650 CAD. It is now 1650 CAD. You can definitely find it cheaper, this is over priced IMO.

Back