Call of Duty : Modern Warfare - Screenshots ...

Okay, I'm going off on a linguistic tangent here, but why 'holy crap'? What is 'holy crap'? Ordinary defacations that have been blessed by a Bishop or Guru, or the defacations of same said holy types? Either way, holy crap still surely looks like crap, which isn't the most appealing stuff to look at. Wherever did this phrase come from? Seems the least apt of all metaphores.

As for the vid, I didn't see anything particularly wowza, on account probably of half of it being very dark, and the other half being very green. There seemed to be lots going on, which is good. The rest seemed par for the course in one viewing. For those who liken this to spiritually enriched excrement, what's impressing you? The graphics engine, or the gameplay, or both?

As for the vid, I didn't see anything particularly wowza, on account probably of half of it being very dark, and the other half being very green. There seemed to be lots going on, which is good. The rest seemed par for the course in one viewing. For those who liken this to spiritually enriched excrement, what's impressing you? The graphics engine, or the gameplay, or both?

I don't know how people can be impressed by an engine but I see many characters on screen with decent lighting and lack of obvious poly edges. I see good smoke and mostly acceptable fire. Even the debris looks good. Of course darkness may be helping but daylight shots of the game looked even better. Considering it is 60fps, and we already saw HD shots, I think game may very well be the best looking console shooter I have ever seen.

That said, I would prefer a stable 30 fps with even better gfx.

holy crap
1. a phrase used to suggest that something is unbelievable or shocking.
:smile:

yes... for Pre-alpha footage, I thought the quality, quantity, speed and immersion was top notch and the vid was a look at an exciting sample of a series that may end up being a 60fps graphics powerhouse for next gen consoles.

Nice video, if it's 60fps (is it?) very impressive. That said, what's that smoke in the background, it doesn't animate at all.

smoke appears to be moving upward ever so slowly, like a slow burn, but yea, hardly noticable

I think that is the one thing that struck me about this vid and IW's CoD2 as well... the particle effects.

Really? Isn't it that the character just approaches it to see it bigger? I watched it first at GT (the site had a redesign)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20756.html
and I can see at least the smoke in the upper left background doesn't change its shape for the time it's shown.

It does slowly move upwards, consistent with hot weather and big smoke. Pretty visible to me.

I like the new GT design BTW, you can download videos without flash or popup. I wish they had HD mp4 support though.

Teh Killzone 2 is reality :oops: !

image6xv7.jpg

;)

Really? Isn't it that the character just approaches it to see it bigger? I watched it first at GT (the site had a redesign)
and I can see at least the smoke in the upper left background doesn't change its shape for the time it's shown.

I don't think it is moving either. It looks like a couple stationary sprites. The form of the smoke column is constant throughout. It doesn't change shape. In the video it only appears to moves up because the player gets closer to it. But then it is still alpha.

Overall it looks like an incremental improvement over the last CoD game.

That's where I saw it as I wanted an HD version and wasn't sure the GV version was. But I couldn't download it, which meant only one viewing. Clicking the download button did zip. Have you managed to download footage from GT? Or is that broken at the mo'?

Teh Killzone 2 is reality :oops: !

image6xv7.jpg

;)

bwahahahah!
emo-roffles.gif

That pic is too priceless :LOL:

If Killzone looks similar (or slighty better) than that, i'll be content. Its not close to the CG, but the look and feel is there and thats good enough :D

As for COD4, looks very cool! A must buy for me this holiday.

Overall it looks like an incremental improvement over the last CoD game.

really? I'd say even at this pre-alpha stage it's notably better than COD2/3 (i group them together because I didn't see any real difference between the two).... The one thing I will say is the explosions really lack impact. It's especially noticeable when the burnt out cars get hit - it's almost as if someone just threw a french banger in there in terms of "ooomph".

funny how two people looking at the same thing can differ so much on what they see.

This is definately on my watch list - I really enjoyed COD2, and always thought it would be good in a modern setting as it is a very different game to the ghost recons etc of this world.

really? I'd say even at this pre-alpha stage it's notably better than COD2/3 (i group them together because I didn't see any real difference between the two)....
Maybe it's due to art, they are using similar colors for everything now like GRAW or Gears of War so nothing sticks out but if you look at each snapshot the details are not improved.

really? I'd say even at this pre-alpha stage it's notably better than COD2/3 (i group them together because I didn't see any real difference between the two).... The one thing I will say is the explosions really lack impact. It's especially noticeable when the burnt out cars get hit - it's almost as if someone just threw a french banger in there in terms of "ooomph".

funny how two people looking at the same thing can differ so much on what they see.

This is definately on my watch list - I really enjoyed COD2, and always thought it would be good in a modern setting as it is a very different game to the ghost recons etc of this world.

Probably be glad you didn't play COD3..that game is boring. Of course I know, it's not by treyarch.

One thing I noticed in the cod4 video is your comrades yelling sounds seemed lifted straight from previous COD's..which I dont like.

Back