Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Well, Virtua Spacey does look a little creepy outside the pre rendered cut-scenes, and you're not gonna sway Conan's stance on the matter with speeches about subsurface scattering.

Well, Virtua Spacey does look a little creepy outside the pre rendered cut-scenes, and you're not gonna sway Conan's stance on the matter with speeches about subsurface scattering.

In a lot of ways, a non-gamer like Conan is probably the best person to ask, because they don't care about tech at all. They're just going to have an emotional response to whether something is lifelike or not, having an overall impression rather than becoming obsessed with individual details.

In a lot of ways, a non-gamer like Conan is probably the best person to ask, because they don't care about tech at all. They're just going to have an emotional response to whether something is lifelike or not, having an overall impression rather than becoming obsessed with individual details.

Leon-thumbs-up.gif

Do you level up against bots?

Also there seems to be no mention of Splitscreen anywhere. That is the only thing we have enjoyed post COD4. Is it in there or not?

Sorry Im not sure if you level up against bots I will have to check when I get home.
There is split screen local play and I believe online play as well.

Robots taking jobs away from hard working human beings. Besides its not the same if your opponents are not shouting obscenities and calling you a cheater when you headshot them. :nope:

Yeah, but it does present extra value to someone who doesnt have home broadband or Live gold or Ps+. You not stuck with just the campaign. I think games like titanfall would benefit from having offline bots like Multiplayer only games of old like Quake 3 and Unreal tourny.
Plus it gives you the ability to practice and hone your skills offline if you are new to the series.

You are right it won't happen because that's not COD.

I don't like huge number of players, this is why I barely have any fun while playing on 64 player maps in BF4, too many players to keep track off and it's very easy to get killed, you could be getting shot at by 5 different players at one time. 12 vs 12 or 16 vs 16 modes are my favourites. 24 players have been the perfect spot in most MP games for me.

Also Advanced Warfare is basically Black Ops 2 with exo suits.

I don't think that suits COD gameplay. Works in Battlefield in some game modes, but I think COD is better off with a lower number.

It's not really about liking or not liking such a mode, it's more about how technically the technology is there amd there's no excuse anymore for essentially playing what seems to be quake III gameplay in 2013 hardware consoles.

Game devs can tailor the maps accordingly specially considering there's no real use of vehicles in c.o.d.

It seemed ok to say that last gen consoles had tech limits but you have standard headset communication system and you have a game so mainstream like CoD that it's fanboys claim is "so realistic" yet physics and environmental issues are as cartoonish enough to detract from the experience.

For a game that gets so much of a free pass in reviews and free hype the expectations should be a little bit higher.

Battlefield 3 and 4 although it's own issues are just two games compared to CoD series, if that dev (DICE) keeps at it they will eventually balance out compared to all the tech they are actually pushing.

The game as a video game may have it's fun but it's playing it way too safe.

It is borrowing non-CoD features like the Crysis type powered suit and gamers noticing Titanfall-ish gameplay.

The real reason that gamers complain about higher player counts is really more about fears of running into firing squads...that's hilarious considering that real war will have and has had "meat grinders" and if you actually study history you would know it.

That and more realistic physics even for a foot race run and dash gun where bazooka fire on current gen consoles still doesn't wreck buildings or affects the environment.

It seems CoD players are more worried about keeping high scores with no real penalty yet non-cod games usually get compared to CoD to devalue them.

It's a legitimate argument because these consoles boast so much more "capabilities" is it going to take a first party developed 60fps first person shooter to demonstrate why these cod games aren't really advancing the tech despite being pretty?

This seems to be another game that's performing much better on AMD hardware vs Nvidia relative to their usual performance standings. Another example (after Ryse) of a game that's been high optimised for GCN on the consoles and is showing on the PC?

SPOILERS in this vid. Conan is not as impressed with virtual Kevin Spacey as a lot of people are.

Darn, he is using this new customised CoD Xbox One gamepad. And I dig it, so beautiful to look at.

mando-xbox-one-cod-advanced-warfare.jpg

Back