Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

turns out we can get it for 1/3rd the price easily. Buy fro psn, buy the ps3 version, you get ps4 version for free. SHare the ps3 version on two ps3s and you are set ! :p will be getting it just cos its so cheap.

First half an hour on PS4, Chrome users can activate 60fps playback.

IQ is pretty good, and framerate looks solid for a minute or two of gameplay that I looked at.

Damn it...typically this is a PC must buy for me because of the K&M.

I am thinking hard about buying it for PS4. Any B3Der playing this MP?

I am sure fearsomepirate will be there in the mp. He loves COD mp. I can be in if it turns out fun but I usually get bored of COD mp within a week or so.
I think Orangelupa is also getting it. There will be many,after all its COD

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynamic res in xbox one for SP or MP or both ? Might be SP only and 1080p MP since MP graphics are less demanding in COD games in general.

Glad to hear it. How's the game itself? I hoping it's better than Ghosts. :)

Much better than ghost. The whole future aspect of it adds so much variety to what you can do gameplay wise. Smart grenades take the place of standard frags, they fly in the air and hit what you point the reticle at. The Suit loadout changes every mission and you have a skill tree of upgrades for your health, armor, reload speed, special abilities (sort of like bullet time) and even recoil and aiming. You also have a personal drone that deploys very quickly and has a smg on it. The suit does more than jumping it provides a jet pack like function as well as powered strife dodging. You can scale walls with your hands and feet as well.
There is also the alt grenade which is basically a multi function grenade thats lets you change its ability before you throw it. 1 function allows you to see all your enemies thru cover another one is EMP to take out enemy electronics. I am very impressed with the variety of new things you can do. The SP still has that whole action movie vibe but the scale of everything is so much larger than previous COD games. There seems to be alot of "next gen" effects in play. I noticed what seems to be POM and lots of shiny surfaces. Great facial movement as well. Super solid framerate too. I have noticed what seems to be level of detail transition in one or two spots but it isnt a frequent issue. There other neat gadgets also but I dont wanna give away to much. In my opinion AW is a much needed jolt of new ideas gameplay wise. Oh and the swarming drones from the E3 level can be shot down in the retail version.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2l3s4z/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_ama_with_shgames/clr8ew1

So, a good step up for XB1, compared to Ghost.

PC 4K = 8,294,400 or 11,059,200 pixels :cool:
PS4 = 2,073,600
XB1 = 1,468,800 (minimum)
900p render = 1,440,000

Right now I'm just tracking 'minimum' resolution. Not sure if I should add a minimum resolution for dynamic, and/or an indication of frequency of dropping to lower resolutions.

http://techingames.net/Games/Details/55

Right now I'm just tracking 'minimum' resolution. Not sure if I should add a minimum resolution for dynamic, and/or an indication of frequency of dropping to lower resolutions.

http://techingames.net/Games/Details/55

We might be seeing a lot of dynamic resolution in the future. It's better to indicate the range than to receive flak over it. If
The resolution is 90% 1080p it's not going to be easy to spot that one frame that isn't, you'd have to pause perfectly at the right time to begin pixel counting.

That being said indicating only the worst case scenario on your DB would eventually be disservice. Scaling resolution to maximize graphical fidelity is a good thing not a bad thing. It lets you ride close to your frame budget not further in theory.

In theory::
Ie. If your goal is solid 60fps, static resolution demands that your worst case and heaviest scenario must run at 60. Which means you will dial back and most of the time there is wasted performance for that one worst case scenario. You are likely running 70+ FPS on most situations.

But with dynamic resolution you can ride everything harder so that your regular gameplay is tuned for 60 and when the worst case scenario are some softer frames which likely happen only when action is heavy or the scene is heavy.

Back