BusinessWeek on Next Xbox and PlayStation 3 (DM will like)

I don't think PS3 would have any problem doing the above city scene at 60fps. provided the right dev team that understands PS3 did it.

sure.except that this racing game will have only 2 races locations (+ reverse :p ),because" making these tracks is time consuming,we can only make 2 in 2 years with a 20 artists team".... 8)

london-boy said:
PAL might have better resolution than NTSC, however it's not such a huge difference to completely ignore HDTV standards which ARE a huge difference from both PAL and NTSC.

Without saying anything about HDTV, I just want to mention I easily see the resolution difference between PAL and NTSC, and just as a small example, I might add that NTSC TV sets have visible scanlines; PAL ones do not.

Saying "u've got PAL, u dont need HDTV!" is plain stupid.

Except I didn't say that, and I don't know that anyone else did either... WTH are you talking about, London? :)

Like saying "u've got saliva, u don't need lube!".............. :|

Hahaha, speaking from personal experience are you? ;)

_phil_ said:
sure.except that this racing game will have only 2 races locations (+ reverse :p ),because" making these tracks is time consuming,we can only make 2 in 2 years with a 20 artists team".... 8)

The bigger problem in next gen will be content creation , know x800 can put 7X more poligons than XB , so if they want to use that power they need to spend 7X more time or in artist/teams ... so they will spend more money ,and I´m not sure if they will do that. :)

london-boy said:
PAL might have better resolution than NTSC, however it's not such a huge difference to completely ignore HDTV standards which ARE a huge difference from both PAL and NTSC. Saying "u've got PAL, u dont need HDTV!" is plain stupid. Like saying "u've got saliva, u don't need lube!".............. :|

LOL - what's wrong with prison sex once in a while? :LOL:

For models it wont matter much for developers using the high poly modeling approach with automated generation of normalmaps ... so at least they can give us pretty fighting games right off the bat ;)

To be honest, i'm playing Farcry at full detail (everything on VERY HIGH) and of course the detail is astounding, and the water looks yummy, but i have to admit, Jak2 looks so much better, and with seemingly more geometry, that i'm really left wondering (1) how much of my 5900U is idle while rendering PC games, (2) How come PC games still have trouble matching consoles geometry output, (3) how freaking good will next gen consoles game look.

what are u running on a geforce fx ?

I've played both jak 2 and farcry and farcry utterly blows away jak2 . They are not even close .

Its like comparing mario bros to mario 64 . Not even in the same league .

While jak2 does look very nice and plays well there just is no way you can compare

I think it was clear that he was talking about geometry as stated above. ;)

london-boy said:
1) how much of my 5900U is idle while rendering PC games, (2) How come PC games still have trouble matching consoles geometry output, (3) how freaking good will next gen consoles game look.

Phil said:
I think it was clear that he was talking about geometry as stated above. ;)

london-boy said:
1) how much of my 5900U is idle while rendering PC games, (2) How come PC games still have trouble matching consoles geometry output, (3) how freaking good will next gen consoles game look.

which is stupid . Because adding in effects takes away from it .

The end result is the image in farcry is much more detailed than the image in jak 2 . geometry is just one part of it .

Yep. I thought the view was clear. All i'm saying is that some areas (like the lagoon area with the huts, and some other areas) in Jak2 (which runs on a PS2, and we all know its specs) look "better" than ever FarCry. Call it artistic impression, call it "theres a lot of geometry there!", call it whatever u want.

And Jvd, will u give it up with the GFFX thing? :D The game running on Very High with 4xAA looks amazing, no difference from your beloved 9700pro, in fact it probably runs even faster. But this is not a video card war thread.

Of course i made it clear that in terms of detail, textures, pixel shading, ANYTHING really, the game trumps all over little Jak2 (hell, i paid more for the GFFX alone than for the whole PS2+some games!). All i'm saying is that i've not seen one thing that looks as good as Jak2 in terms of geometric structures on PC yet.

And yeah, geometry is only one part of the equation, but in the end geometry, lots of it, is what makes Jak2 and even Zoe2 look much better than anything i've yet to see running on a PC.

Call me crazy...

The only thing that wowed me on PC was some of the initial "cool" effects on Farcry (the water, the amount of vegetation), and the physics an gorgeous texture detail on Painkiller.

Guden Oden said:
Without saying anything about HDTV, I just want to mention I easily see the resolution difference between PAL and NTSC, and just as a small example, I might add that NTSC TV sets have visible scanlines; PAL ones do not.

Yes, that wasn't my point.

Except I didn't say that, and I don't know that anyone else did either... WTH are you talking about, London? :)

I wasn't talking about u, only replying to some people who gave me that impression. No one said it, but it's an undeniable feeling if u go back some pages.

Like saying "u've got saliva, u don't need lube!".............. :|

Hahaha, speaking from personal experience are you? ;)

Yes. :D

zurich said:
london-boy said:
PAL might have better resolution than NTSC, however it's not such a huge difference to completely ignore HDTV standards which ARE a huge difference from both PAL and NTSC. Saying "u've got PAL, u dont need HDTV!" is plain stupid. Like saying "u've got saliva, u don't need lube!".............. :|

LOL - what's wrong with prison sex once in a while? :LOL:

got contacts? :D

Here we go again :D
Who would've guessed a topic which title includes words 'Business Week', 'xbox' and 'DM' would in the end be about 'prison sex' :D

rabidrabbit said:
Here we go again :D
Who would've guessed a topic which title includes words 'Business Week', 'xbox' and 'DM' would in the end be about 'prison sex' :D

Careful, from now on:
a beary mod said:
He is not to post anymore. Any posts he makes will be deleted or locked. Any person who responds to him or quotes him or says his name will have thier post deleted.

Hint: I corrected his spelling mistakes... :D

london-boy said:
Yep. I thought the view was clear. All i'm saying is that some areas (like the lagoon area with the huts, and some other areas) in Jak2 (which runs on a PS2, and we all know its specs) look "better" than ever FarCry. Call it artistic impression, call it "theres a lot of geometry there!", call it whatever u want.

I call it bias. You're comparing a FPS that puts emphasis on realism with a toon platformer.

Get a grip. JAK 2 looks nowhere near Far Cry. That doesn't mean it isn't fun though :)

Cheers
Gubbi

Gubbi said:
london-boy said:

I call it bias. You're comparing a FPS that puts emphasis on realism with a toon platformer.

Get a grip. JAK 2 looks nowhere near Far Cry. That doesn't mean it isn't fun though :)

Cheers
Gubbi

I call it, this is comparing Farcry running on my system (A64@3200, 1GB DDR400, GFFX5900U overclocked) at very unstable framerates with little old PS2, unstable framerates and all, but hell Jak2 is pushing a lot of stuff on screen.
Same goes for ZOE2.

I still said:
I said:
Of course i made it clear that in terms of detail, textures, pixel shading, ANYTHING really, the game trumps all over little Jak2 (hell, i paid more for the GFFX alone than for the whole PS2+some games!).

About all that geometry jazz....some of the maps in unreal tournament 2004 have an insance amount, I think it even exceeds jak 2 on many maps.

Back