Bouncer is the best looking PS2 game

G

It sure is. :idea:
FF12 with Bouncer quality graphics = satisfied PS2 owner.
What you say archiez? :oops:

thebouncer_1.jpg

thebouncer_18.jpg

thebouncer_21.jpg

thebouncer_32.jpg

There are no reasons why FF12 cannot look like this. I will quit bitching about the PS2 once FF12 looks this good. :oops:

chap said:
I will quit bitching about the PS2 once FF12 looks this good. :oops:

Somehow, I doubt it. :rolleyes: :oops:

You must be bored lately on your chosen console with your sudden barrage of "why PS2 sux" topics. Shouldn't you be eyes deep in Splinter Cell right about now or something?

I am done with SC. :idea: 8)
Tis a PS2 topic, no Xbox trolling here. :!:

Tagrineth said:
The Bouncer is terrible, 'nuff said.

Graphics are pretty good for PS2, but still, the game is awful.

Hey dicksh]t the topic is on how good it looks not how well it plays.
I still think ICO looks better though.

JacksBleedingEyes said:
Hey dicksh]t the topic is on how good it looks not how well it plays.
I still think ICO looks better though.

Hey asshole, get a clue, I did mention the graphics and what I thought of them. But graphics are meaningless without being at least part of a functional game. If you cut back on everything else, yes, graphics can be fantastic, but the moment you turn on a decent AI subsystem... physics... blah blah blah, you cut back on power that could be used for graphics. Graphics and gameplay tend to be intrinsically linked... and IMO you can't mention one without at least bringing up the other.

Tagrineth said:
But graphics are meaningless without being at least part of a functional game. If you cut back on everything else, yes, graphics can be fantastic, but the moment you turn on a decent AI subsystem... physics... blah blah blah, you cut back on power that could be used for graphics.

While I agree with what your saying about graphics/gameplay, and I don't advocate language that hurts my ohh so virgin ears, I'm going to have to agree with him.

The Bouncer, as some one stated, can be looked upon as a glorified technical demo. I don't hear you criticizing nVidia or ATi for their tech demos not having "good gameplay" - it's pure visual appeal, nor are they activly finding creative new uses of this power... just making it look F*ing fine.

You can make bouncer like screens with any games screens.

Use photoshop like program to alter your image.
open the image.
copy it and paste it onto new layer, so the new layer is on top of the original image.
pick the top layer, apply blur filter to it like 20 or so times.
reduce the opacity to about 35-40% of that blured layer.
Then you'll get a nice fog like glow.

Neat trick.

Will FF12 features this level of graphics?
Looking at past FF games, they hardly have any free moving environments and interactivity.
Bouncer quality graphics should be possible for the characters, towns and dungeons?

Am a bit disappointing to see FF10 cutscenes < Bouncer cutscenes. :?

I'd be happy if the game (on any system) looked as detailed as Shenmue's real-time, in-game, opening cut-scene:

13.jpg

Back