Bloodborne: [PS4] (From Software)

I finished the game (I did everything there was to do in 1 playthrough except for the chalice dungeon "special" boss)
My judgment: it's a decent game, very limited in scope and design with plenty of technical flaws.
It's not worth the €60 they ask for IMO.

Last edited:
You would do that if you had an arcane build I think. Elemental gems scale based on your arcane stat I believe.

Yup, it allows you to use a weapon well that you wouldn't otherwise be able to use well.

But it does seem Bloodborne has a much more simplified and significantly less ways to customize weapons based on character stats compared to the Souls games. Although I do like the versatility brought on by socketable gems.

Regards,
SB

I gotta brag.

hTvR3Li.jpg

First (and maybe last game) that I've Platinum'ed. It took around 65 hours to do everything. The Defiled Chalice Dungeon was a real bitch, but the boss that I struggled with the most was Pthumerian Descendant. It seemed that the last few boss fights in the Chalice Dungeons were made extra hard by virtue of being in a small room with a giant creature so the camera was a big hindrance, not a fan of that.

Anyways, here my final thoughts.

Art style, creature and world design. Other than frame rate issues (that I didn't really find bad), I think this is a fantastic looking game. From comes up with very, very detailed ark work and I think it works here really well. Really felt "next-gen" to me. I love the cloth physics of all your outfits.
The creatures are really horrific and grotesque. This is a Lovecraft-ian game I always wanted.
Love most of the combat mechanics. I thought I would stuggle without a shield, but it turned out that it wasn't a big issue.
No shitty story/terrible dialog (Bioware looking at you) to bog me down.

Dislikes/Improvements:
Online - I think this was a big step backwards. I don't like the Insight system (losing it even if a summon fails). I wish Insight was more like Humanity in the Dark Souls games where using it gave you some boosts in game, but also exposed you to invaders. The concept of ringing a bell and getting invaded is cool, it's just makes it too easy to avoid invasions. Maybe they should have added more Bell Maidens through out the game. From needs a better system for matching versus the +/- 10 levels around you. Perhaps they should just scale the Summoned/Invading players stats to match the host so more players are eligible for matchmaking.
Vials - I really hate farming vials or purchasing them. The Estus flask system was much better imo. When you get stuck on a boss and run out of vials, it sucks to have to go farm for that. Especially when in an area where monsters don't drop them.
I'm not sure there's as much variety in different classes as there was in the other games (magic user, cleric, pyromancer, etc). Everything seems geared toward close combat.
Load times - obviously. But the game could have been designed around that more effectively like allowing you to heal, levelup, respawn enemies, and warp directly from a lamp without having to go back to the Hunters Dream.

Overall really happy with it and really enjoyed it. I may attempt a level 4 "Waste of Skin" play-through (in DS1 I managed to get to the very end with a level 1 pyromancer and then stopped), but I don't think this game will have the same lasting appeal as DS1 has. I think part of it may just be fatigue with the series/style. I'd like From to reinvent the genre again.

I am waiting for my insight to go 40, am at 30 now. My friend says I can't imagine what he sees in his game at 70insight :p ! He said the change happens at 40. Haven't spoiled it for myself, just a few more insight points and I will be there to see the magic !

I am waiting for my insight to go 40, am at 30 now. My friend says I can't imagine what he sees in his game at 70insight :p ! He said the change happens at 40. Haven't spoiled it for myself, just a few more insight points and I will be there to see the magic !
I think he might have over-hyped it a bit. There's a major difference I won't spoil, but other than that it's just slightly more difficult enemies.

Aw man it's gonna take me ages to reach this place, I only just beaten the BSB and the enemies follow up in the next area are tough as hell, almost kills me in two hits. Not sure where do I start to prepare for the onslaught.

If BSB is down...u can already access a whole new area, two if u can find the secret one.
The game always let's u do ur own thing if u look around enough. One of those areas is where I took all those sexy screens I posted before in the screens thread. It has an easy mini boss too and a very useful unlock. I won't spoil ur game.

And if u beat BSB, Amelia isn't tough at all. She is much much slower, as u can see in my Vid.

Oh and Lure into a tight doorway what u cannot beat in a fair fight ;)

Yeah I get what you mean Renegade, turns out I was warped into that secret area thus explaining the high level enemies. Found my path to Amelia now so I'm gonna get that Ludwig sword before I proceed to slay that bitch :), my saw cleaver just ain't gonna cut it, literally.

Does anyone find the Ludwig sword deal less damage than the Saw Cleaver to the enemies at Old Yharnam despite the former has higher physical stats while both at level 4? Are certain trick weapons more effective than the others on certain enemy types?

Does anyone find the Ludwig sword deal less damage than the Saw Cleaver to the enemies at Old Yharnam despite the former has higher physical stats while both at level 4? Are certain trick weapons more effective than the others on certain enemy types?

The Ludwig deals a whole lot more damage, but it's Skill based and by time you get it, your Saw cleaver might be quite high level already. Not to worry, a few upgrades on the Holy blade and you'll be dealing a lot more damage.

Your stats will tell you more. Add points to Skill.

Yes, some enemies have different weaknesses to different attacks (thrust vs slash) and different stats like Arcane damage. There's also the differences of Kin and Beast damage. Supposedly some of the weapons have some hidden stats as well.

Back