Black Myth: Wu Kong [PC, Consoles]

This game is taking reaaaally long. Sometimes I wonder how these companies manage all these years without a released product to get some income and fund the costs of production.

The long development is normal because this is the first AAA games of the studio and they have done some mobile games. There are many Chinese studio currently transitioning from smartphone game to PC/console games.

This game is taking reaaaally long. Sometimes I wonder how these companies manage all these years without a released product to get some income and fund the costs of production.

Pre-Alpha footage was first released in Aug. 2020 (less than 2.5 years ago). The game has only been in development for at most 3-4 years. If it actually releases in 2024, that'll be pretty typical for a modern AAA title, maybe even on the short side.

Regards,
SB

Pre-Alpha footage was first released in Aug. 2020 (less than 2.5 years ago). The game has only been in development for at most 3-4 years. If it actually releases in 2024, that'll be pretty typical for a modern AAA title, maybe even on the short side.

Regards,
SB
But still begs the question. Its still a long time and there are bills to pay

I love the music and art direction of this game. I hope it explores the lores of Chinese mythology a lot

New gameplay video.

This will be a very interesting game to cover for the tech press. The visuals on display are incredibly impressive.
Even though the bitrate is pretty low in this video, you can tell how amazing it looks.

I like the little detail that the end of his staff interacts with the bushes and making them move!

Even though the bitrate is pretty low in this video, you can tell how amazing it looks.

I like the little detail that the end of his staff interacts with the bushes and making them move!
Yeah, the crappy video quality doesn’t do it justice.

I was worried that it might have ended up as one of those asian games that never gets released.
But I am pleased that it is reaching journalists in playable form.

Back