Bioshock PS3*

Which is better, waiting ten minutes once where you can GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE, or sitting for 5 seconds 120 times while you're captive at your TV waiting and staring at a spinning icon?"

The tune was completly different last-gen when install times of 5-10min where the deveil and why it was easier to get into a new game on consoles and not PC when newly bougth. Just a thought!

Lol how times have changed! :D

I haven't heard that. Times haven't changed for me. Of course, I can't speak for the person I quoted that from. If I haven't started playing the game, I can't see how that's a factor. However, once I'm playing, I can see how it could be somewhat of a complaint. Also, if it yields better graphical results, that's even more of a reason to continue to use the HDD.

I'd be happy if they drop the price, but I wouldn't cry foul if they don't. The devs have put in extra effort to make a PS3 game. A couple hundred thousands units sounds ok.

Compared to Orange Box where some people complained about the quality of the initial port, with Mr. Dyack bad-mouthing the port; I have much better impression of Bioshock so far.

Bioshock is the next PS3 game I intend on purchasing and from my research on the main US electronics retailers it appears that it will be a full priced - 60USD - unit.

No, they should drop the bloody price. It's a port of a year old game.

It's still full price for the 360 version as well, although I'm sure you can find it used or discounted here and there, I still see it in the case at walmart for $60. If you just want it at a lower price, I'm sure you can just wait longer and get it. If it doesn't sell well they will probably lower it a bit, but I wouldn't count on it selling poorly.

It's still full price for the 360 version as well, although I'm sure you can find it used or discounted here and there, I still see it in the case at walmart for $60. If you just want it at a lower price, I'm sure you can just wait longer and get it. If it doesn't sell well they will probably lower it a bit, but I wouldn't count on it selling poorly.

The 360 version has been dropped to 40USD while the PC version is 20-30USD.

First Bioshock review is out, by PSM3. The score is 9.3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197709

Reveals areas of Rapture the 360 version didn't even hint at, says PSM3

After just over a year's wait, and plenty of rumours, BioShock will launch for PS3 on October 24. One of the first reviews - from PSM3 magazine - is in and it gives the game the thumbs up.

As expected, the review gives credit to the game's epic story but later on PSM3 says, "Everything and everyone reacts as you'd expect it to, both physics-wise and psychologically so. This means that it's always possible to discover new combinations, making for some beautifully intuitive gameplay."

It adds: "You'll never make such a bad decision that you'll completely scupper yourself - it's effectively impossible to die, since all you do is respawn at the nearest Vita-Chamber.

"It's an un-gentlemanly way to play and the chambers are spaced out just far enough for it to be a bit of a pain in the arse ... Still, there's always the super-hard Survivor mode - available as standard on PS3 - which actually disables the Vita-Chambers completely
."

Crucially though, how does it compare to the 360 version? The magazine notes challenge levels that add "an intriguing puzzle element to what's otherwise a straight action game, revealing areas of Rapture the 360 version didn't even hint at.

"You don't have to download the latest plasmids - they're included as standard. Likewise, there's no waiting around for bugs to be fixed. That said, there's very little else that separates the two versions," says the magazine.

However, PSM3 also admits: "If you're a lucky multi-format owner who favours visuals over some extra puzzle levels, you're probably better off with 360's original. Otherwise, you needn't panic: Rapture shines on every format and plays identically."

And the verdict? "Overall As fresh today as it ever was, BioShock's an essential PS3 play," it said, slapping it with a 93 score.

First Bioshock review is out, by PSM3. The score is 9.3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197709

Was "survivor mode" (i.e. an option to turn off vita chambers) not present in the 360 version? I know the PC definatly had it because I accidentallyu turned it on at one point and couldn;t figure out why I wasn't going to the vita chambers every time I died :oops:. I later figured that was a much better way to play anyway so stuck with it!

I would be intersted to know what the difference in graphics is. I didn't really consider Bioshock to be much of a resource hog.

I agree with one of the posters...

"I agree with the OP. I love installs because I wait less during the loading time.

Which is better, waiting ten minutes once where you can GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE, or sitting for 5 seconds 120 times while you're captive at your TV waiting and staring at a spinning icon?"

Personally I like to buy a game, go home and PLAY IT, not sit and stare at a 10minute install screen (MGS I'm looking at you).

This game is worth every point of 9-10 PS3 owners... if you have not played it yet... go get it!

it is one of the best games on your (or any) system.

Personally I like to buy a game, go home and PLAY IT, not sit and stare at a 10minute install screen (MGS I'm looking at you).

You didn't even address Lucid_Dreamer's proposed scenario! But I can understand you getting that off your chest. How are you getting on with MGS4? :)

There's no two ways about it. If you haven't played this on the 360 or PC it's a must buy for PS3. Even if you don't like FPS'.

But you don't mind waiting longer at all the loading screens? As someone else said, that 10mins install is time you can go and do something else.

The 3-10 seconds that are wasted at each of many loads because you didn't install are completely wasted time spent staring in frustration at a loading screen.

Yes IMO its certainly better with one large install that may take 10-20min than to have longer loading pauses. You really whant to get a seamless action event without pauses that takes away the built up immersion.

But you don't mind waiting longer at all the loading screens? As someone else said, that 10mins install is time you can go and do something else.

The 3-10 seconds that are wasted at each of many loads because you didn't install are completely wasted time spent staring in frustration at a loading screen.

MGS4 loading wise is kinda criminal, it is filled with loading pauses throughout while installing lots of data per chapter too.

Back